Options

Is the 'Kids' pack worth getting.

Seeing as my son is now 13 mths old and showing more of an interest in TV is the kids pack a good option - i already have the TV pack and my 18 mth contract is up towards the end of this month, so was thinking of giving BTV a ring to see what offers if any are on ATM for the bronze pack.

Comments

• Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Tootall180 wrote: »
    Seeing as my son is now 13 mths old and showing more of an interest in TV is the kids pack a good option - i already have the TV pack and my 18 mth contract is up towards the end of this month, so was thinking of giving BTV a ring to see what offers if any are on ATM for the bronze pack.

It still is a good pack, as it carries more older (as in aimed at the teen ages) shows from within disney and now Disney XD (seems to have bought out Jetix). Nick has older shows but thats not so much on these days.

either that or you can change the pack to something else perhaps Picturebox, music or sport.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    The kids pack is the most used package on my box.

I have a 5 and 10 year old and there is a great mix for them and me and for your child's age as well.

It also has choices whereby you can play a selection of programs for an hour without having to keep choosing episodes.
    And I know some people i'm sure would think plonking a kid in front of the tv for an hour is a terrible thing but occasionally you do need to distract them without you having to go and rechoose another program every 10 - 20 minutes.

Can't recommend this pack enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies guys - Agree with you DoomKmPa not ideal to leave your kid in front of the TV but sometimes it does help to distract them so you can get things done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Kids pack is great. Great selection and no adverts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I rang BTV on Monday night and went for the bronze pack - Kids/movies also ordered my ESPN card which came through my door about 5pm today :) just waiting for it to come to life.
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Tootall180 wrote: »
    I rang BTV on Monday night and went for the bronze pack - Kids/movies also ordered my ESPN card which came through my door about 5pm today :)just waiting for it to come to life.

to make it alive

leave the box on ESPN for a while or any channel thats on MuxA

say about 30 mins, then try ESPN, if it aint alive, leave it for another 30 mins. should be alive by then. worked for me.

Free ESPN is a wicked deal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    One thing I would say- the versions of programmes which appear on BT Vision Kids are usually the original language versions, so the likes of Maggie and the Ferocious Beast and Max and Ruby have different voices and my kids all commented on it ! The weirdest of all is Jakers ! which has different voices from both the version shown in Ireland on RTE and the version on the BBC. BT Vision have what sounds like an Northern Irish Piggly and Mr Hornsby for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    to make it alive

leave the box on ESPN for a while or any channel thats on MuxA

say about 30 mins, then try ESPN, if it aint alive, leave it for another 30 mins. should be alive by then. worked for me.

Free ESPN is a wicked deal.

It took 4hrs for ESPN to come alive and two phone calls to BTV tech with the second one being answered by our friends at BT India.
    The wife is looking forward to watching the NY Yankees play baseball.
  • Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hey Tootall180,

If you have any more problems like this or anything you need help with send me a PM and will look into it for you.

Thanks

Shane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed ESPN seems to be working fine :D.
    One question i have the wife set up to record the Yankees game on Friday night / early hours of this morning but the MLB game only had a 2 hour time slot which was set to record but the game lasted longer so she missed the last 3 innings does ESPN show the whole game if so does this mean we have to change recording time to overrun an hour so she sees the whole game :confused: