Options

Comment on BGT from DM

looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know that this article is an opinion, but it just sounds so bitter - does anyone else agree ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1377701/Britains-Got-Talent-Liz-Jones-verdict-return.html

I'm also not keen on her calling Susan Boyle a freak. Plus, she says that David Hasselhoff's comment about David Knight (the young lad doing comedy) being his son was for no reason - so she totally missed the point, yet wrote about it anyway.

It's one thing to say you don't like something, but her article just wreaks of bitterness & jealousy.

( I was going to say she was obviously too old to remember Knight Rider, but thought that might make me look a bit bitter myself, so decided against :D)

Comments

• Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This quote from the article says it all, as far as the author is concerned:

"While I love the X Factor, which is genuinely about finding new talent..."

Anyone who think that the X Factor is "genuinely" about finding new talent is as mentally-challenged as the BGT contestants she rants about.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who think that the X Factor is "genuinely" about finding new talent is as mentally-challenged as the BGT contestants she rants about.

If anything Britain's Got Talent finds more genuine talent than The X Factor. The X Factor is more about manufactured talent, even if they can't hit one note in five. Britain's Got Talent does have talented winners, at least.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    I agree that BGT finds better talent, which as we know often has global appeal. How many X Factor stars get invited on to US chat shows or get invites to sing on Japanese TV?
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member

Lol Tommy! How very, very true!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    looby383x wrote: »
    I'm also not keen on her calling Susan Boyle a freak. Plus, she says that David Hasselhoff's comment about David Knight (the young lad doing comedy) being his son was for no reason - so she totally missed the point, yet wrote about it anyway.
    Another bitchy article that's backfired which reminds me of that attack by Jan Moir on Stephen Gately.
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is the Daily Mail, hardly a respected rag is it? hmmm