Defiance (360/PS3/PC)

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    It's like some weird fusion of Fallout, Skyrim, Borderlands and Red Dead Redemption.

As long as they can keep a high number of players playing then it should be pretty good.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    There's something Halo-like about it as well, I guess it's the alien thing and riding about the game world in vehicles. In fact if you can imagine playing the second level of Halo CE (which was on the planet Halo) only much bigger environments with tons of other players then you'd be quite close to the general feel of the game.
    Forum Member
    So shall we start a DS clan soon? that way people on here who get the game can join up as and when, We can get the ball rolling and in the mean time be earning clan XP.
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    But will the clan be on all platforms or different DS clans for different platforms?
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    AFAIK each one is seperate, so xbox gamers on one server, ps3 a different server.

Its been good fun so far, I kinda hope it takes off as a concept on consoles...

This time.
    Forum Member
    Different clans for different platforms. It costs quite a bit of in-game resources to start a clan but I'll set it up later today if no-one else wants to. If you are at all intrigued by the idea then I highly recommend giving it a try, Defiance really does work as you would expect, except for some slightly choppy frame rates in the larger battles but these moments are few and far between and don't really spoil the experience. It's a great game that's only getting better the more I play and it's is truly monstrous in scope (and loot), there is so much to do/unlock as you would expect from an MMO, but also so much to come! this is only the beginning.

The community in Defiance is refreshingly nice too, I think the 360 game is limited to UK servers which is fine by me, there's plenty of players online even at early hours and there have been plenty of random's that have come to my aid or just casually joined me on my mission, they've been really helpful so far. I get the feeling everyone playing Defiance really wants this game to work.

BTW I got into a HUGE Arkfall battle last night with about 40+ other players, it was hectic and it was chugging a bit but a lot of fun. Not tried out PVP but it's there for people who want it and I've read good things about.

C'mon guys get this game! :)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    C'mon guys get this game! :)

Getting it tommorow (Saturday) I'll look up your clan as soon as i can.
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how to do the clan set up/join. So I'll wait till I'm on with Brass and he can talk me tru it lol
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Assuming I know what I'm doing is your first mistake, lol.

Fought in my first "Arkfall" last night - 30+ players blazing away at a Hellbug nest was just mental, but fun!

I've some spare cash to throw in to the DS clan fund if its needed?
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I need to invest a little more time in this I think as I haven't got the first clue about the clan side of the game.
    Forum Member
    I havnt been able to connect so far today been trying for the last hour just keep getting a stupid critical message :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK each one is seperate, so xbox gamers on one server, ps3 a different server.

Its been good fun so far, I kinda hope it takes off as a concept on consoles...

This time.

Shame it wasnt X platform. If that's even possible.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Getting it tommorow (Saturday) I'll look up your clan as soon as i can.

Cool, look forward to that.

The 360 Clan is up, its called Digital Spy (no...really). Feel free to join, there is no obligation, no-one has to play together, I'll leave that up to people here to arrange get togethers. It's a purely casual thing, I'm not hardcore into this game and don't plan on getting that way either.

In essence all it means is we can all be a part of a group and earn XP toward the clan. There are game benefits to doing that and it makes finding each other a little easier in the game world (as well as having our own clan chat channel which is accessable no matter were you are) and it could be fun as well as useful when it comes to group battles and trading. You don't have to use a mic if you don't want (I'll be using k/b mostly) I believe from looking at it last night I have to send invites to those who wish to join, I don't need your 360 Gamertag, only your Defiance username. If you want to leave your name in this thread and I will send out an invite to you...Arkhunter. :D
    Forum Member
    orzie wrote: »
    I havnt been able to connect so far today been trying for the last hour just keep getting a stupid critical message :(

I was getting that last night. Annoying.

There was a patch yesterday though, it addressed a few issues people where having and improved performance from what I saw. It's clear they're busy working on the servers though.

It was possible and Trion demonstrated it during development, but "first parties weren't impressed with it", for whatever reason. No doubt it would of made the game even glitchier though.
    I've some spare cash to throw in to the DS clan fund if its needed?

Very kind to offer, but no worries, it's paid for now and I can make it up with a few hours play easy enough.
    Forum Member
    Sound. I'm in.

Defiance u/n is Mara Jade76.

:)
    Forum Member
    Brilliant, will add you later. :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, a question for those like me who play as female characters in things like e.g. Mass Effect...

... Do you also pick a female character for something like this, or do you stick with a male character because this is multiplayer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and... how many people are playing this, and will you keep it up?

I'm quite tempted, but not if I'd only ever be with randoms.
    Forum Member
    Well my character's female. Any kind of game where I'm going to spend a lot of time looking at my character = female. It's as simple as that.

I'm playing this off and on at the moment while I work my way through the ME trilogy. Once that's finished then I plan on investing much more time in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Well my character's female. Any kind of game where I'm going to spend a lot of time looking at my character = female. It's as simple as that.

Same as me. Always FemShep for ME, always female in anything else 3rd person that has a choice (KOTOR, Fable, etc.).
    Bester wrote: »
    I'm playing this off and on at the moment while I work my way through the ME trilogy. Once that's finished then I plan on investing much more time in it.

Cool. I also know a few people from another forum (BXB) who are planning on putting time into it.

I may try and see how cheap I can find it, and get into it once I finish BioShock Infinite (near the end now).
    Forum Member
    I paid £35 for it from Tesco.

Also got a £5 off voucher for my next shop, so not too bad.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My finals are coming up next month so I've been too busy studying to get this, and I'm sure it would end up being a distraction anyway if I did get it now.

To be honest, I hardly know anything about MMOs. I played some of The Old Republic but you can get away with playing that as a single player. I'll probably need to spend more time with Defiance to get used to playing a proper MMO as I'm sure no one would really want me to be on their clan! Would like to join the Digital Spy clan but I'll be getting it for the PC.
    Forum Member
    You said you only need the defiance name to send the request is that the characters name or the username from the website?
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a DS clan for xbox if so how do i join enjoying the game, well what little I've played bit it feels a bit lonely.

Ooops i should read before posting. How do i join the Digital Spy forum?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

Definately possible - see Portal 2, PS3 PC, only MS would not open the network to a company who does know what they are doing (Steam)

Another game in the dev studio they had a lan match between a PS3 and a Xbox360.