Bye Bye BT Vision

Ive had BT Vision since it started and have been though thick and thin and have always supported it but not now. The straw that's broke the camels back is the new software, so slow, freezes, locks up why press 2 buttons when you can press 10
Anyway I received a 50% off SKY HD for 12 months so I've cancelled BT Vision and look forward to Sky HD

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Bye bye
  • souldriftersouldrifter Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or something, but I like the new software and have never had any problems with rebooting, freezes ect.

Just seems strange that so many complain about the same problems, but for others it works fine.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Feeling exactly the same way Tally100.
    I've had vision since it started and gone thru the pain of the flaky backend into a great unsung service and now back to a flaky backend with a god awful user interface and more importantly increasing poor choice of programmes.
    It's filling up with cheap reality programs and seemingly red bull documentaries.
    The debacle that only some people are going to get the multicast option is typical BT - I have the full 80mbps fibre service but my exchange is not multicast so boo hoo to me.
    Checked with BT that my contract has expired and im just rolling on so I can cancel at any time.
    Just started my Netflix and lovefilm month trial to see their service.
    BT really need to be keeping people like tally100 and myself on board as we are early adopters and are vital to a service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    I'm more with souldrifer - it took a while to get used to the new look but now I might prefer the look and feel of the new interface and find navigation no problem at all. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect by any means - it can be slow and a bit clunky at times which is frustrating. But these are the sort of bugs that can be sorted by an update overnight.

With regards to the service in general, I think there are too many unanswered questions for me to jump ship yet. I think we'll have a much clearer picture within 3 months, and once I've got a better idea I'll make up my mind whether I'm staying or going (I don't want to jump ship prematurely and then see in 3 months that actually BT have announce a great offering).

DoomKmPa - I had similar frustrations regarding multicast, we are in an infinity enabled area but no sign of multicast and no future dates in the forecast. Suddenly out of the blue last week, I find out that we've been multicast enabled. Don't be surprised if you suddenly get enabled, I think BT (or Openreach) are accelerating their efforts prior to the launch of the BT Sports channels.