Options

Lauren unbanned from This Morning?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Phillip Schofield tweeted something along the lines of 'Should we unban her?' during the CBB final..

Lauren's brother has taken to Lauren's twitter account to tweet this:
LAUREN HARRIES @laurenharries
What's that I hear, the ban had been lifted? ;) (@PHUK)

Looks like CBB has done Lauren a few favours!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Why was she banned?
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    So, they are happy to let her back on, after getting to third place in the house. They will only want to allow her back, knowing she is popular with the public. I would laugh if Lauren refused to go on again.:D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That should be interesting. Maybe they will ask her what the bloody hell her last appearance was all about.
  • Options
    petemitch123petemitch123 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Knut88 wrote: »
    Why was she banned?

Look it up ;) she went crazy at the end of interview
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Seriously, I watched this and was genuinely left in a quandary as to what the hoohah is about.

Lauren clearly had a plug planned for her programme, but the timing went a bit awry and she tried to rush it in, so its a bit cringe.

I really don't get the big deal.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, I watched this and was genuinely left in a quandary as to what the hoohah is about.

Lauren clearly had a plug planned for her programme, but the timing went a bit awry and she tried to rush it in, so its a bit cringe.

The Anne from Little Britain impression had absolutely nothing to do with what she was there to talk about, and it had nothing to do with whatever programme she was plugging. It came from completely out of the blue. It was timed incredibly badly and there was totally no need for it.
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes but guests generaly accept they are running out of time if the host says so. I've been told what she did was an immitation of a Little Britain character but without that context it was an odd and bizarre display that looked like she was angrily trying to hijack the last moments of the interview.

Is that enough to get her banned? I don't know I can see that hosts of television shows don't liked to be talked over. Wasn't that one of the two reasons Lauren herself cited to explain why she was no longer welcome on BOTS but there's been some speculation of backstage unpleasantness in relation to both BOTS and This Morning so who knows for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    The Anne from Little Britain impression had absolutely nothing to do with what she was there to talk about, and it had nothing to do with whatever programme she was plugging. It came from completely out of the blue. It was timed incredibly badly and there was totally no need for it.

Again, I don't get the big deal.

Nobody knows how Lauren had prepared that plug - given time enough it may have 'worked' and appeared relevant and appropriate.

Like I say, it was cringe, disjointed and ill-timed - but nothing more, and no worse than many a desperado plug is. She didn't 'lose it' or 'go crazy'. At worst it would have been inappropriate.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is obvious the tweet from philip schofield was tongue in cheek ..it woukd'nt be his decision
  • Options
    Forum Member
    farscape wrote: »
    Yes but guests generaly accept they are running out of time if the host says so. I've been told what she did was an immitation of a Little Britain character but without that context it was an odd and bizarre display that looked like she was angrily trying to hijack the last moments of the interview.

Is that enough to get her banned? I don't know I can see that hosts of television shows don't liked to be talked over. Wasn't that one of the two reasons Lauren herself cited to explain why she was no longer welcome on BOTS but there's been some speculation of backstage unpleasantness in relation to both BOTS and This Morning so who knows for sure.

Actually, I don't know how true it is that she got 'banned'. It's certainly bandied around, but I've never seen an official source. Banned for talking over the doctor and presenters I can imagine, but not banned for 'losing it' as keeps being claimed when the actual footage shows nothing like it :D

She certainly spoke over the doctor who was also in on the interview, but again, it was nothing that amazingly weird - just a bit rude and not good for the topic at hand. Lauren clearly had her own slant on her transgender experience, and felt passionately about it, and didn't have the manners to shut up. Many an interviewee is a gob-shite, does a plug, wants their 5 minutes etc. I think it's really only over-egged because it's Lauren - people love to make out she is more 'mental' than she is.

It most certainly was an impersonation of the Little Britain character, but as she was rushed it wasn't in the context she planned - so it could have been either inappropriate of very appropriate had she had enough time. Nobody will ever know.

To put it in context, Oliver Reed's infamous interview utterly shites all over it.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't think it's so much banned ..its simply they no longer invite her onto the show
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now can we get Philip banned from This Morning?
  • Options
    Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd maybe watch it again if this happened.

Such a shame as I loved him in the broom cupboard.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    before summer they asked the viewers if Katie Hopkins should be allowed back on and it was a big NO and Phil said "we wont have her back then"
    then she was back only last week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member

Hear hear! He annoys me so much I had to unfollow him on Twitter. :eek:
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

didn't you know?
    Mr ITV runs the bloody place.. he does my head in.
    Seems to have a very short memory how his rise to fame happened. And just shows the power he has when Richard & Judy are back next month on This morning and Fern YET again isn't.. but ofc there was no major falling out.

Okay Laurens last interview didn't go well. But it was nothing like he made out. Even kept the other guest behind to say sorry and would get someone else on to talk about the subject. I hope Lauren refuses This morning is Dire when He is presenting and Holly just sitting there like a Fembot awaiting programming
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    So, they are happy to let her back on, after getting to third place in the house. They will only want to allow her back, knowing she is popular with the public. I would laugh if Lauren refused to go on again.:D

Me too in utter joy but that is hardly likely to happen. Her whole being seems to be about being on the TV.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Why was she banned?

She threw Phil's coke away ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Why was she banned?
    This interview is why Lauren was banned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ksAxzWPCc ;)
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Popular with the public" - you have to be joking !!!!

The whole abysmal Harries family represent all that is wrong with Britain - the lies , the outlandish behaviour , the refusal to acknowledge responsibility for their actions .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    kikka wrote: »
    "Popular with the public" - you have to be joking !!!!

The whole abysmal Harries family represent all that is wrong with Britain - the lies , the outlandish behaviour , the refusal to acknowledge responsibility for their actions .

100% agree
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the tweet and wink at the end of Philip Schofield's tweet sort of implies, or perhaps just to me, that she may not even have been 'banned' from the show at all. She just may have never been invited back for any reason and have turned that into a much more exciting 'I've been banned from This Morning' :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope they maintain the ban. Lauren is disgusting, and does the transgender community no favours.
  • Options
    TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Such a shame as I loved him in the broom cupboard.

Post forwarded to Operation Yewtree...
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He takes smugness to a new level. Bloody hell would I'd love to see him come crashing down to earth with an almighty bump :mad: