Comments

• HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this show! Season 3 was amazing and I remember being really pissed when ITV stopped showing it because the content was "too adult" for CITV.

What's sad is that my dad was an even bigger fan than I was (he might not have been a child when it aired, but he was a proper computer nerd) and he'd been waiting for them to bring it back since forever. It's sod's law they'd do this now, as he died a month ago. I hope they do it justice, for his sake.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Reboot fan here , considering the show is now 20 years old Reboot was by far ahead of it's time , it hasn't aged much at all , wish they could release the entire series onto Region 2 DVD.

Yeah really sad about Tony Jay he was well suited for Megabyte , he was in many other shows and movies too even did the voice of Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I wonder if this reboot of Reboot will be remade into a Live Action series ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    I loved this show! Season 3 was amazing and I remember being really pissed when ITV stopped showing it because the content was "too adult" for CITV.

What's sad is that my dad was an even bigger fan than I was (he might not have been a child when it aired, but he was a proper computer nerd) and he'd been waiting for them to bring it back since forever. It's sod's law they'd do this now, as he died a month ago. I hope they do it justice, for his sake.

The show would have got an ending if they didn't have problems with budget talks. Here's anime talks to the people behind the voices. There are 4 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwGTo7tKGg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCPtFXaZ8KM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFEeta7EFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dO6VKRH4yk
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah so that's why ITV dumped it half way into the 3rd Season took me years afterwards to see the unaired episodes , had to watch them on Youtube.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!

But I want it to have adult Enzo and AndrAIa in it please!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah so that's why ITV dumped it half way into the 3rd Season took me years afterwards to see the unaired episodes , had to watch them on Youtube.

Yeah, there were big issues around the first episode of season 3, what with Dot's cleavage and all the zombie stuff. Then they gave it a little rest, before bringing it back - and AndrAIa went and fired her nails into an infected Guardians throat and that was that!
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVED Reboot, until I found this thread I didn't realise there were more episodes - it just vanished!
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    To Mend And Defend!
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    New episodes of Reboot?

Alpha-numeric!!!

:D

Firewall is my fav episode from the original run, though there are loads of great episodes from the tailend of series 2 onwards.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dot matrix!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a tour of the Mainframe studios in Vancouver back in the day. They were just starting doing the Beastwars series while I was there. Turns out one of the co-creators came from my home-town!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    dot matrix!

Youngsters would never get that joke nowadays!

That makes me feel old.
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    I had a tour of the Mainframe studios in Vancouver back in the day. They were just starting doing the Beastwars series while I was there. Turns out one of the co-creators came from my home-town!

Lucky guy, I wish they made more stuff like beast wars, reboot and shadow raiders they were so ahead of their time. Now it's nothing but boring barbie stuff and stuff that's attracts little kids.

Hexadecimal used to give me the creeps and the voices sound weird in season 4 especially the original bob who sounds deeper and mouse sounds weird.
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    I LOVED Reboot, until I found this thread I didn't realise there were more episodes - it just vanished!

Don't worry you are not the only one, I didn't know until 2008 they had made a season 4 back in 2001. There are a lot of shows don't make it to Australia

This is what Reboot looked like back in the 1990's I am glad they changed it. Just a promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rV87Um09Jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sU-QWoUt94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Izl3PPQeZM
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen Reboot since I was like 7 or 8 but I do have memories of loving the series. Can't wait to see what they've done with the reboot (pun intended), hope it's as good as the original.
    Progrez wrote: »
    I wish they made more stuff like beast wars.
    Now there's a show that should come back as well. If Beast Wars ever comes back like Reboot, I would be so happy, it would feel like nothing could get better than that.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youngsters would never get that joke nowadays!

That makes me feel old.

makes me feel sorry for them! we grew up at a great time!

this was one of the only shows that people switched from cbbc over to citv for.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Beast Wars was flipping brilliant too.

The "return" of Ravage (complete with transforming into a cassette) and the discovery of the Ark and the deactivated Autobots by the Maximals was a great three parter.
    Forum Member
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    I haven't seen Reboot since I was like 7 or 8 but I do have memories of loving the series. Can't wait to see what they've done with the reboot (pun intended), hope it's as good as the original.

Now there's a show that should come back as well. If Beast Wars ever comes back like Reboot, I would be so happy, it would feel like nothing could get better than that.

They ruined it by introducing beast machine, the design for the characters were awful and the story was a bit far fetched. I loved the 3 parter as well.I wish they would end Shadow raiders I hate being left in the dark like we did with Reboot.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think of Reboot every time I have to mess around with command lines.
    Forum Member
    Hell, I still think to myself "Warning Incoming Game" everytime I install a new title onto my Xbox.
    Forum Member
    I still think of Reboot every time I have to mess around with command lines.

I think Reboot influenced a number of people onto computers.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hell, I still think to myself "Warning Incoming Game" everytime I install a new title onto my Xbox.

You think that's bad, I still remember the theme music to the Mortal Kombat game that Enzo lost!

I never saw past mid season 3 when CITV stopped showing it. The complete series shows up on eBay, but is really expensive to buy
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    You think that's bad, I still remember the theme music to the Mortal Kombat game that Enzo lost!

I never saw past mid season 3 when CITV stopped showing it. The complete series shows up on eBay, but is really expensive to buy

I know people love to buy the series and feel bad for pirating it, but you can watch the rest of the episodes on Youtube
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »

Try Amazon, its dirt cheap!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reboot-Seasons-Region-Import-NTSC/dp/B004RBC5R4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381405550&sr=8-3&keywords=reboot+dvd

You'll need a multi-region DVD player, though.