• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Like it!

Could you imagine the face on it :cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear when he's giving Emily a reassuring cuddle or whatever, the sly look he gives the camera as if to say "Ha look at this, give her a hug & she's putty in my hands":mad:

Why does he keep belittling her, is he jealous of her height :D:D:D
    No seriously, why is he doing that to her, arent you supposed to treat someone you care for with respect, especially on national tv, it must really upset her family to see her being mocked in this way by some "been around the block" old has been like him :mad:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every parent wants the best for their off-spring.
    My heart goes out to Emily's parents.

The Abomination that is Andre must be hard to deal with.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi stranger :)
    Especially hard when you can see hes gone from treating her like a princess to a halfwit.
    Think at first people where ok about it, happy to compare her positively against his ex, while he walked around thinking he was a smart suited, twenty something prince charming, just lapping it all up, but then as soon as the deep commitment of a baby came along and the disappointing news of her broken career, all the negative comparisons that he tries so hard to hide where now aimed at him, and not just his age, but his very long murky past, longer in fact, than the age of his girlfriends respectable life span, and I think in a way he now resents her for high lighting all of this
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome back :)

Emily's parents knew Peter long enough to know what he is like but a parent can't choose who their child wants to be with.. So will have to stand back and watch how it all unfolds.. I hopes works out for them for the baby's sake
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear when he's giving Emily a reassuring cuddle or whatever, the sly look he gives the camera as if to say "Ha look at this, give her a hug & she's putty in my hands":mad:

Bleurgh.
    I wonder if it isn't more a case of " Look ladies, aren't I just the bestest boyfriend ever? I bet you all wish you were her."
    It does show where his priorities lie though.
    1 Himself
    2 The cameras
    3 The kids
    4 Whatshername
    :rolleyes:
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends went on the charity bike ride with him. He wasn't a fan before and kept slagging Peter Andre off whenever he talked about him. He didn't know Peter Andre before, only knew of him from the TV show, the newspapers etc.

He ended up on the bike ride as he is friends with the trustees of the charity (as Peter Andre is).

After the bike ride my friend said that Peter Andre is actually a really nice person and quite a lot of what he does is just for the cameras.

I think it must be difficult to be a famous person and have people hating on you when they don't actually know you in real life.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter didn't stop there, though. The singer and TV presenter went on to reveal that he also likes regal names like Elizabeth.

Surely there is nothing more regal that 'Princess':confused::D I've no doubt the kid will end up with some variation if his parents names and be prepared not to compromise, Emily. (she won't anyway, anyone who leaves med school to provide PA with a new baby so he can compete in the new baby stakes with the ex wife is clearly a doormat).

I think it must be difficult to be a famous person and have people hating on you when they don't actually know you in real life.

I can't speak for people who irrationally hate Peter Andre, but all I know is that people who criticise him on this thread, on the whole, criticise him for things he actually does and says, rather than just randomly disliking him. And you don't need to know that person to have an opinion on the the words and actions he broadcast to us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends went on the charity bike ride with him. He wasn't a fan before and kept slagging Peter Andre off whenever he talked about him. He didn't know Peter Andre before, only knew of him from the TV show, the newspapers etc.

He ended up on the bike ride as he is friends with the trustees of the charity (as Peter Andre is).

After the bike ride my friend said that Peter Andre is actually a really nice person and quite a lot of what he does is just for the cameras.

If this is the case, when you consider just how much time Peter Andre spends with a camera pointing in his face, why doesn't he take the opportunity to behave like the person people claim he is, rather than the needy, self-obsessed, cheesy berk he appears to be on camera?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The same could be said about any Celeb in the media.we only see a tiny portion of their lives.But Peter has cameras in his life so we see a lot more of him to make a judgement on ..If he stopped playing up to the cameras and shows the person your friend says he has seen then maybe people would like him more . Pulling faces behind the girl he claims to love makes him look like a pathetic teenager trying not to look soft infront of his mates.. He is 40 not a adolescent

Just want to add...I do NOT hate Peter Andre.. I just really can't stand him.. And have never liked him even before he was with his former wife
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely.

Poor Pete; coming across as a desperate, cheesy, talentless, past his best eejit, when in reality, he is akin to the greatest Man that ever lived. Perhaps the show needs a new editor;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the case, when you consider just how much time Peter Andre spends with a camera pointing in his face, why doesn't he take the opportunity to behave like the person people claim he is, rather than the needy, self-obsessed, cheesy berk he appears to be on camera?

If he behaved like a normal boring 40 year old divorced dad, it probably wouldn't sell newspapers / magazines and the reality show wouldn't be watched by so many people?

You wouldn't watch a TV show if it just showed a middle aged bloke sat in front of the TV, reading a newspaper for half an hour.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its not a great achievement to be nice. Most people are. How his words and actions come across are what he gets judged on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he behaved like a normal boring 40 year old divorced dad, it probably wouldn't sell newspapers / magazines and the reality show wouldn't be watched by so many people?

You wouldn't watch a TV show if it just showed a middle aged bloke sat in front of the TV, reading a newspaper for half an hour.....

Perhaps not, but he could certainly attempt to behave like a grown up now and again couldn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

Poor Pete; coming across as a desperate, cheesy, talentless, past his best eejit, when in reality, he is akin to the greatest Man that ever lived. Perhaps the show needs a new editor;)

My friend didn't say that he is the greatest man that ever lived. Just that he completely changed his view of Peter Andre after spending time together with him + his brother etc in Zanzibar instead of just watching him on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend didn't say that he is the greatest man that ever lived. V.

I bet Peter will be sad to hear this ^^^ ;)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. But also, I would hope if I were famous, it would be on merit and not just because I'm willing to **** every last fart on camera.
    My friend didn't say that he is the greatest man that ever lived. Just that he completely changed his view of Peter Andre after spending time together with him + his brother etc in Zanzibar instead of just watching him on TV.

He must be a jellus hatah.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't really understand this. Are you saying that he puts on an act in order to try and make himself interesting? If so, why is that act so bad?
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe he will appear on another channel within 2 years doing his reality show again

Oh he will be back with his reality tv show he just cant do other projects

Also Peter's lateness to everything is very rude who does he think he is thats not professional to turn up late and expect people to be nice to him just cos hes Peter Andre
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh he will be back with his reality tv show he just cant do other projects

Also Peter's lateness to everything is very rude who does he think he is thats not professional to turn up late and expect people to be nice to him just cos hes Peter Andre

The persistent lateness is just reprehensible, as far as I'm concerned. He never has a good reason (stuck in traffic, genuine emergency etc.), it's like he thinks he can just roll up whenever he wants and everyone else just has to wait.

Hopefully he'll one day have an appointment with someone who won't pander to him and will either a) carry on doing whatever they're doing without him or b) ask where the **** he's been once he does finally turn up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I don't really understand this. Are you saying that he puts on an act in order to try and make himself interesting? If so, why is that act so bad?

In the same way that some celebs decide to put on weight at Xmas and then lose weight over the summer so that they can feature on Heat or those kinds of mags. ''Shocking weight loss'' in Miss so and so or ''shocking weight gain'' to make the front pages.

Don't most celebs do things to attract attention and publicity in some way ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would appear he is? Why is there something he has to hide?
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D This made me laugh, you're not wrong there Lexi, if you are going to put on an act, you might as well make it worthwhile! Although if he's trying to come across as a narcissistic, embarrassing twerp he's actually doing a great job...
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

its obviously good enough to be considered for the Jezza role:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    its obviously good enough to be considered for the Jezza role:eek:

When I read this post I thought of Jeremy Kyle :o as he was know as Jezza in his radio days ..
This discussion has been closed.