EE 2G/3G/4G Discussion Thread

Comments

• Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE Achieves 410Mbps 4G LTE-Advanced Speeds Using Category 9
    EE’s plan to introduce a new 400Mbps capable variant of their latest LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) based 4G network at Wembley stadium in 2015 have taken a step forward. The mobile operator confirmed that it had conducted a successfully LTE Category 9 Carrier Aggregation Interoperability Test with Qualcomm and Huawei, which delivered peak download speeds of 410 Megabits per second.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/12/ee-uk-test-achieves-410mbps-4g-lte-mobile-broadband-speeds.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Uno - thank you very much 😊
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    uno wrote: »
    Jack_Swingker/Benster- EE are slowly upgrading their base stations around Corby they are being fitted with the new Huawei base stations around the town and some NSN kit in more rural areas.

In the last 2 months they have done upgrades near Rockingham race track, ASDA,Around the Cube and the railway station. They have also done rural areas like Middleton,East Carlton,Stoke Albany and Cottingham they have all been fitted with 4G equipment and the urban ones are currently have backhaul upgrades. I expect 4G in and around Corby early in 2015
    By Feb for the urban areas.
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By Feb for the urban areas.

As this chap knows his stuff, any date when all these old 2g masts in Staffordshire will start seeing some upgrades?
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »
    As this chap knows his stuff, any date when all these old 2g masts in Staffordshire will start seeing some upgrades?

Many should be done by the Summer without speaking about a specific area.
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many should be done by the Summer without speaking about a specific area.

Thanks, much appreciated on your info which I know is very much unofficial.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »
    Thanks, much appreciated on your info which I know is very much unofficial.

Lucan is the most awesome amazing person I know on this forum.

Sorry, random moment.
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Lucan is the most awesome amazing person I know on this forum.

Sorry, random moment.

Merry Christmas to you. :D
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas to you. :D

And to you mate!
    Forum Member
    4G in Inverness now available with EE & O2.

Remember someone asking about it on here.
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member

Wow, I remember when 3G launched at the airport on T mobile :-)
  • bensterbenster Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Just picked up 4g in Corby it was only 1 bar now it's back to H+ signal
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you tell me when the pesky orange mast at G77 6AA will be upgraded to 4g? Its been limping along for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    benster wrote: »
    Just picked up 4g in Corby it was only 1 bar now it's back to H+ signal

We're being teased...

They did Kettering, in recent weeks Oakham & Uppingham have gone live.

According to the EE maps there are a couple of bits within Corby that theoretically might be able to get 4G.

And now since the Uppingham & Oakham upgrade you can sometimes get 4G along about 800 metres of the A43 in Collyweston.
  • One UnitedOne United Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm hoping this is the right thread to ask for help. I recently left Three and decided to join EE as their 4G coverage was really impressive. I received my EE sim in the post on Monday and requested to have my number transferred over to my new sim card. It's now Wednesday and my number hasn't moved over yet, despite the fact it says on the EE website that it should take 24 hours. Has anyone else had problems transferring their number over?

I've done it before when I've changed networks and it has never taken longer than 24 hours. I called EE customer services and the guys I spoke to said that number porting is busy during the Xmas period and that it'll be done within the next 24 hours, but obviously that won't happen as it's Xmas day tomorrow!

My Three sim still works so I'm still using that. It won't stop working until the porting takes place, so they'll bill me until that happens and EE have already charged me my first bill so I'm paying for two contracts at the moment.
    Forum Member
    One United wrote: »
    Hi, I'm hoping this is the right thread to ask for help. I recently left Three and decided to join EE as their 4G coverage was really impressive. I received my EE sim in the post on Monday and requested to have my number transferred over to my new sim card. It's now Wednesday and my number hasn't moved over yet, despite the fact it says on the EE website that it should take 24 hours. Has anyone else had problems transferring their number over?

I've done it before when I've changed networks and it has never taken longer than 24 hours. I called EE customer services and the guys I spoke to said that number porting is busy during the Xmas period and that it'll be done within the next 24 hours, but obviously that won't happen as it's Xmas day tomorrow!

My Three sim still works so I'm still using that. It won't stop working until the porting takes place, so they'll bill me until that happens and EE have already charged me my first bill so I'm paying for two contracts at the moment.

Everyone pays two bills when porting a number over.

It's a busy period so I doubt you'll get your number ported over until end of the month now.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member

Mine has been delayed as well, did you do the request via 150 or the online page? Did you receive a text from EE to confirm the PAC was accepted.

I've been told now it will only process on Monday for Tuesday completion.

I'm not too worried, it'll cost an extra £2.50 in line rental (which hardly breaks the bank), and I've forwarded calls and texts to the new phone number until Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    Mine has been delayed as well, did you do the request via 150 or the online page? Did you receive a text from EE to confirm the PAC was accepted.

I've been told now it will only process on Monday for Tuesday completion.

I'm not too worried, it'll cost an extra £2.50 in line rental (which hardly breaks the bank), and I've forwarded calls and texts to the new phone number until Tuesday.

I made the request using the online page. The only confirmation I got was when I completed the form, and it said 'Thank you for transferring your number'. I haven't received a text message, which concerned me slightly because I have done in the past when I've requested my number to be transferred.

It's not that big of a deal, as I can still use my current number on my old sim for the time being. I just wondered if delays were normal for this process, as its never taken this long before for me. Thanks for your response, d123.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    I made the request using the online page. The only confirmation I got was when I completed the form, and it said 'Thank you for transferring your number'. I haven't received a text message, which concerned me slightly because I have done in the past when I've requested my number to be transferred.

It's not that big of a deal, as I can still use my current number on my old sim for the time being. I just wondered if delays were normal for this process, as its never taken this long before for me. Thanks for your response, d123.

I also used the online form and got the thank you message (And didn't receive the text either), it was only when I phoned this afternoon that they asked about whether I received the text. It seems the online page wasn't working properly.

The agent then processed the port again and I received a text on BOTH phones, temp number and original number.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very interesting. I also called them earlier and the guy just said it was a busy period and that it'll be processed within the next 24 hours. I did get the sense that he wasn't too sure about it though. I think it'll probably be best for me to go into my local EE store at the weekend.
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    On the A3M O2 is stuck on GPRS and EE/Three have 3G nearly all of the way! Ridiculous!
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    Are all EE masts in Hampshire 3G-enabled?

I ask as I was travelling through Selborne yesterday and had an average to reasonable GPRS signal. Is that because I was too far from the mast and the slightly lower frequency of GPRS (1800MHz) compared to 3G (2100MHz) allowed further signal travel, or was that mast 2G-only?
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    Gigabit wrote: »
    Are all EE masts in Hampshire 3G-enabled?

I ask as I was travelling through Selborne yesterday and had an average to reasonable GPRS signal. Is that because I was too far from the mast and the slightly lower frequency of GPRS (1800MHz) compared to 3G (2100MHz) allowed further signal travel, or was that mast 2G-only?

Not sure it's possible to tell, but I think all are 3G enabled. With 3G load likely to be higher on Christmas Day, it's possible cell breathing reduced the coverage area a bit and so 2G was all that was left in your location. Hopefully a mast that will get 4G at some point and solve the problem !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    My Three UK service over the last 2 weeks has been dreadful. Actually there has not been any service whatsoever , no calls, no texts, no internet , it is totally out of action . So I am thinking about moving to EE.

I live in Princetown, Dartmoor, Devon but I have a horrible feeling EE use the same mast etc.. but don't know for sure. Also I have no idea why there is no service but reading this thread and another one on 3 UK, it might be due to the 4G rollout or they have simply cut me off by turning the mast off.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I believe the mast nearest me is North Hessary.

On my mobile phone the only operator that is visible when searching for available networks is Vodafone and I am not moving to them again.
  • WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavinfabl wrote: »
    My Three UK service over the last 2 weeks has been dreadful. Actually there has not been any service whatsoever , no calls, no texts, no internet , it is totally out of action . So I am thinking about moving to EE.

I live in Princetown, Dartmoor, Devon but I have a horrible feeling EE use the same mast etc.. but don't know for sure. Also I have no idea why there is no service but reading this thread and another one on 3 UK, it might be due to the 4G rollout or they have simply cut me off by turning the mast off.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I believe the mast nearest me is North Hessary.

On my mobile phone the only operator that is visible when searching for available networks is Vodafone and I am not moving to them again.

The only way to know for sure is to get an EE PAYG sim card and see if that gets signal.
    Although if, as you say, EE does not appear in a network search then you may be out of luck.
This discussion has been closed.