Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who else can't wait for the new album?

Its been too long!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to her new album, the teasers sound amazing.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Anyone got a link to the album teasers?
  • Vardon78Vardon78 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Janet's new single "No Sleeep" can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_2_VgUdeq4&feature=youtu.be

It's also now available on UK iTunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Downloaded 😜
  • evkylemeatsixevkylemeatsix Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    No Sleeep is amazing!! Hope this will be huge for her.

It's already hit a number one on one of the billboard charts just 24 hours after release
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I like it! When I started listening I've gotta say I was disappointed, but by the end I was really enjoying it. It's no 'Feedback' though. I've missed that voice though!! :D
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay, but a bit overrated. It's kind of bland for me and is so much like her 90's stuff. It's good as an album track but as a lead single I don't think it's a good choice.

I don't see any huge comeback for her with this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    It's okay, but a bit overrated. It's kind of bland for me and is so much like her 90's stuff. It's good as an album track but as a lead single I don't think it's a good choice.

I don't see any huge comeback for her with this.

I don't understand the bold considering her 90s stuff was so versatile.

She wouldn't have a huge comeback anyway since she's probably still blacklisted from a lot of radios in the USA who overreacted because of a nipple. The best thing she can do is to tour and make music for the fans. Unlike Madonna, she knows not to try and compete with the Katy Perrys and Beyonces of today because she's done all that before. Kudos to her for not giving into any current trends and for picking up the pen again.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abibble wrote: »
    I don't understand the bold considering her 90s stuff was so versatile.

She wouldn't have a huge comeback anyway since she's probably still blacklisted from a lot of radios in the USA who overreacted because of a nipple. The best thing she can do is to tour and make music for the fans. Unlike Madonna, she knows not to try and compete with the Katy Perrys and Beyonces of today because she's done all that before. Kudos to her for not giving into any current trends and for picking up the pen again.

She's not blacklisted from any station because of the Super Bowl thing. If she's not being played because of her age like many other artists. Why bring the comparison to Madonna into it? Madonna is not trying to compete with anyone. She is doing primarily uptempo dance stuff because that's what she has always done.
    I don't understand the rivalry between Janet and Madonna fans. I understand not following trends, but does that mean a song has to be so boring?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    She's not blacklisted from any station because of the Super Bowl thing. If she's not being played because of her age like many other artists. Why bring the comparison to Madonna into it? Madonna is not trying to compete with anyone. She is doing primarily uptempo dance stuff because that's what she has always done.
    I don't understand the rivalry between Janet and Madonna fans. I understand not following trends, but does that mean a song has to be so boring?

She was blacklisted in America. That's a fact. Whether she still is I don't know but she's not going to get radio play anyway so why make radio friendly music? She doesn't stand a chance in the UK and this is coming from a HUGE fan. No Sleeep is a great re-introduction through and it seems to be getting some praise from critics and has helped sell out some shows in America. Her next song will be upbeat with lots of choreo. Bookmark me.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a tad disappointed with No Sleeep given what we know Janet is capable of, but it's a solid sexy little slow jam nonetheless.