Options

James has won CBB

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
I didn't watch CBB this time round apart From the first couple of episodes.

When he was rumoured for January CBB I would never have expected this.

James didn't come across too well in Series 10 and coupled with his criminal record I found it hard to like him. However he seems to have come across much better on CBB and I actually didn't mind him when I rewatched Series 10 as a result.

Comments

• Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Maybe he's grown up a bit. I really didn't like him on The Apprentice.

I don't see why he was picked though, he's hardly a celebrity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was a clown on TA, and he was a bit aggressive with the women in his team from Week 5.

He did have some loveable qualities to him though. And yeah, he could have grown up since then, plus he's not in such a high pressure environment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was a clown on TA, and he was a bit aggressive with the women in his team from Week 5.

He did have some loveable qualities to him though. And yeah, he could have grown up since then, plus he's not in such a high pressure environment.

I did think that he came across as quite sexist actually. I didn't like the way that he spoke to Jemma, Bianca or Roisin, it came across as very patronising, and I actually think that all three generally had more relevant points than him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did think that he came across as quite sexist actually. I didn't like the way that he spoke to Jemma, Bianca or Roisin, it came across as very patronising, and I actually think that all three generally had more relevant points than him.

I can see what you mean. He certainly seemed to have less respect for the women than the men.

Remember that awful moment when Roisin muttered something in a pitch in Week 6 and he, stifling a shout, exclaimed 'please!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can see what you mean. He certainly seemed to have less respect for the women than the men.

Remember that awful moment when Roisin muttered something in a pitch in Week 6 and he, stifling a shout, exclaimed 'please!'

Interesting that he never had to work on a team with Katie, I would have liked to see that dynamic.

Katie had excellent people skills, so I think she would have handled him well.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He came across very well on CBB, and he was always a contender to win since the end of the first week. Also, you must really think how The Apprentice is edited by making him seem nasty from a week condensed to just an hour. He seems to be on really good terms with everyone from his year (even the people he argued with), so some would assume that the arguments are not exactly genuine. If all of it was real, I don't think he'd be so friendly with the people he argued with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    He came across very well on CBB, and he was always a contender to win since the end of the first week. Also, you must really think how The Apprentice is edited by making him seem nasty from a week condensed to just an hour. He seems to be on really good terms with everyone from his year (even the people he argued with), so some would assume that the arguments are not exactly genuine. If all of it was real, I don't think he'd be so friendly with the people he argued with.

Fair points. There have been many people on The Apprentice who seem to get on with everyone on a personal level, but don't work well with them. YA3 was particularly notable for that. David, Maria and Amy all appeared to be very popular in the house, even though they were difficult to work with.

The thing is though that The Apprentice is about people who do a good job on the tasks, and that takes precedence over all personal stuff. Mark last year seemed quite aloof, probably not on great terms with the other candidates, but he was a very solid performer and that's what made him good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair points. There have been many people on The Apprentice who seem to get on with everyone on a personal level, but don't work well with them. YA3 was particularly notable for that. David, Maria and Amy all appeared to be very popular in the house, even though they were difficult to work with.

The thing is though that The Apprentice is about people who do a good job on the tasks, and that takes precedence over all personal stuff. Mark last year seemed quite aloof, probably not on great terms with the other candidates, but he was a very solid performer and that's what made him good.

True. Put me on a task like that where I had to work with my best friends... I couldn't do it. We'd end up disagreeing with everything and have a huge bust up. I think working with friends is the worst thing you can do tbh!
  • Options
    Max LoveMax Love Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    True. Put me on a task like that where I had to work with my best friends... I couldn't do it. We'd end up disagreeing with everything and have a huge bust up. I think working with friends is the worst thing you can do tbh!

Mark and Daniel were so similar in Apprentice 2014 that they clashed on almost every task. Very amusing though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Max Love wrote: »
    Mark and Daniel were so similar in Apprentice 2014 that they clashed on almost every task. Very amusing though.

There were some tasks towards the end though where they seemed to reach a bit of an understanding, much like Adam and Jade in Series 8.
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting.
    He was an obnoxious little sod on TA yet on BB he seemed quite balanced.
    Something doesn't add up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting.
    He was an obnoxious little sod on TA yet on BB he seemed quite balanced.
    Something doesn't add up.

The Apprentice candidates are told to act in a certain way. Watch how all of them are so arrogant when they are introduced, "I am the best person in this field", "I am a young Alan Sugar" an average person wouldn't say that even if they believed it. Someone I know used to work at the BBC and stated that producers told specific people to play certain roles (villains included).

And things like BB is 24 hrs edited down to 50 mins. The Apprentice is a week edited down to an hour. So you could be the nicest person ever in those 170 hours, but if only 20 mins of those 170 hours you doing something silly, that will be shown and make you disliked.

The fact that James gets on with all the people that he clashed with means there either was just a professional competitiveness between them or it was not genuine. It certainly wasn't personal. During his time in there, the people he clashed with showed support, and he was seen hanging out with the likes of Bianca and the others recently.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He deserved to win CBB and I actually liked him on The Apprentice as well