Options

Meet Sylvie Cropper (Roy Cropper's mum!)

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Finally a reason to continue watching Corrie :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Wow-more good Corrie news in the same day. Great actress-loved her in Doc Martin and great to see the Croppers getting more screentime.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am BEYOND EXCITED by this news!!

Fantastic!
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant casting, I know her from Doc Martin and can just see her fitting right in in Weatherfield!
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Good casting choice in my opinion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inspired casting. Really looking forward to this :)
  • Options
    cdridercdrider Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Isn't Roy's mum dead? And he bought the cafe from Alma using his inheritance?
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb actress, I am sure they are looking to hopefully fill the huge void that Maggie Jones has left.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I literally GASPED when I saw Stephanie's picture....fan-bloody-tastic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant casting, I know her from Doc Martin and can just see her fitting right in in Weatherfield!

You-tube some Waiting for God clips, she's outstanding as Diana. She was also in Open All Hours. A fantastic comedy actress although another favourite role was in Keeping Mum, which was pretty heartbreaking.

Can't wait for her scenes - although I must admit I'd never heard Roy mention his mother before??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy looks older than her...
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cdrider wrote: »
    Isn't Roy's mum dead? And he bought the cafe from Alma using his inheritance?

Yes thats what i seem to remember as well - his mother died off-screen and he used his inheritance to buy the cafe. I hope she doesnt just turn up as if everything is normal - Roy has been on-screen for 15 years and she's never visted him once surely we'll get an explaination for her absence. Maybe he thought she was dead all this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so excited, its going to be brilliant seeing them together.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz rich wrote: »
    Superb actress, I am sure they are looking to hopefully fill the huge void that Maggie Jones has left.

That's exactly what I thought when I first read this.

She's such a brilliant actress, she'll be a fantastic addition to the cast.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't wait to see her in the Rover's with Norris
  • Options
    NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic casting. I absolutely adore Stephanie Cole. Cannot wait until we see her on screen.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    is this long-term? or just a guest role
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I love her!

Another amazing signing by PC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news!
  • Options
    will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *JoJo* wrote: »
    You-tube some Waiting for God clips, she's outstanding as Diana. She was also in Open All Hours. A fantastic comedy actress although another favourite role was in Keeping Mum, which was pretty heartbreaking.

Can't wait for her scenes - although I must admit I'd never heard Roy mention his mother before??

And also she was brilliant in Tenko.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Yes thats what i seem to remember as well - his mother died off-screen and he used his inheritance to buy the cafe. I hope she doesnt just turn up as if everything is normal - Roy has been on-screen for 15 years and she's never visted him once surely we'll get an explaination for her absence. Maybe he thought she was dead all this time.

yeah, there had better be a good explanation!
    still good to get a new character like that in. :)
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephanie has got to where she can play her own age.

She always played characters 20, 30 or 40 years older that she was. Quite a piece of acting to play Mrs Featherstone in 'Open All Hours' as she is actually younger than David Jason.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Roy had an unhappy childhood. His father, a French polisher, walked out on his mother when he was ten, and didn’t get in touch for eight years after starting a new life in New Zealand. Young Roy took this badly. He hated his stepfather and eventually left home to fend for himself."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Brilliant casting. I don't suppose Stephanie will want a permanent role, as she likes to do theatre and Doc Martin will be coming back, but it would be lovely if this could be a good stint and then she could be a recurring character (as Blanche was for many years). PLEASE? I can just see her, Rita, Emily and Norris being a fabulous quartet.
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited for this, the actress looks really sweet and nice :) glad to be hearing more about Roy!