Options

Andre Rieu

swillsswills Posts: 4,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just to remind Andre Rieu followers that it is another Andre Rieu weekend on SKY ARTS 2 this weekend.. enjoy.

02 Arena last night (20th) 15,000 were there, concert lasted 3 hours! audience would not let him go home !

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum loves him so I will remind her, thank you :D
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, Mrs Ambassador will be pleased!
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that tip !
    Went to look at the listings on the Sky web site - Sky Arts 2 is almost unreadable the way the programmes are laid out:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Ooooh, thanks for that swils - much appreciated. I think he's marvellous. :)

Have set my Sky+ to record them all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm watching some of the concerts now and, as usual, it's pure magic.

Simply fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes fantastic stuff - just the sort of thing BBC2 should have picked up for Easter. Anyone know if any of his current UK concerts have been recorded for TV ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so, certainly not at the 02, but he records everyone of his concerts in HD, and plays them back to the orchestra to see how well, (or not!) they did, so no doubt there would be a copy available should any TV Company wanted one (and prepared to pay)

copy of the Newcastle review from the paper:

Renowned musician Andre Rieu started his debut UK Arena tour in Newcastle last night. Tracy Jefferies was there and found the concert to be a night to remember.

WHILE the UK waits for the impending wedding of the year, royalty was in residence in the North East last night – musical royalty that is.

Andre Rieu arrived at the Metro Radio Arena amidst all the pomp and circumstance of a regal procession, walking through the audience to meet and greet his adoring public.

There's no doubt that this is a man with impeccable musical credentials who not only is a maestro in his own right but also has the knack of discovering and bringing together talent from across the globe.

There are not many artistes who can pull together an evening's entertainment from so many diverse areas of music and yet turn them all into an absolute spectacle.

From the opening bars of Strauss's Voices of Spring through to his tribute to Michael Jackson with an utterly haunting version of Ben, this was a spellbinding evening which few of us attending are ever likely to forget.

It was something like a trip through musical styles; one minute this amazing orchestra playing a tango, the next the Viennese waltzes with the female musicians dressed in stunning crinolines.

Rieu has brought together performers from around the world, with musicians and singers from Hungary, Australia and South Africa and all points in between, sharing his love and his passion.

We were transported to a Rio carnival – complete with balloons falling from the roof – to the Skater's Waltz where so much artificial snow fell that the front rows of the audience were covered.

We were enchanted by the cellist's rendition of The Swan and felt both patriotic and emotional as the sound of We'll Meet Again rang out across the auditorium.

This was a night when those present shared this musical genius's wit and wisdom, laughing as he told us that Newcastle was his favourite place in the world.

At the same time you could see many people wiping away tears as the sheer perfection of the music sometimes became too overwhelming to bear.

I was at the 02 and can say that the above is pretty accurate !

And I was caught in a very bad snowstorn at the 02, even tho it was 24 degress outside, the Air Con was working well :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been watching the Maastricht concert from last night on Sky Arts 2 and he said that ZDF televise it every year.Don't want to upset Ms Jefferies but he also said Maastricht was his favourite place in all the world (well, he was born there:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Maastricht is 'the' concert to go to without doubt, yet to be able to so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    I think Maastricht is 'the' concert to go to without doubt, yet to be able to so far

He's back in Maastricht this year on July 15,16,17,22,23 and 24 but it looks as if most of the concerts are already sold out:D
  • Options
    foxlafoxla Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'good' seats normally with days, even hours ! mind you some of the seating outside the bars etc, look quite inviting :):)

6 concerts, 6 days all sold out, sums up Mr Rieu really :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxla wrote: »
    The 'good' seats normally with days, even hours ! mind you some of the seating outside the bars etc, look quite inviting :):)

As he says ZDF cover it every year we shall have to look forward to that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    As he says ZDF cover it every year we shall have to look forward to that

The Maastricht DVD's ater good, there is also an Andre Rieu You Tube channel.
    AR is also not bothered about people taking pics and videos of his concerts, he says that by doing that, it increases his exposure by others seeing the pics/vids !

I think he would draw the line at someone taking a professional camera in tho, even then it would be hard pushed to match Andre's own camera team at the concert (all concerts!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    foxla wrote: »

Not at all surprised. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rieu concert tonight on BVN, (Astra 19.2) FTA, was made last year, in Germany, also done during, or towards the end of his illness that laid him low for a few months. it's on at about 8.40 UK time tonight, repeated tomorrow morning about 8am I think
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Andre Rieu multi-sat lineup,over the Christmas period.

21-12-11 7.15PM(GMT)
    rbb

22-12-11 7.15PM(GMT)
    mdr

23-12-11 7.15PM(GMT)
    WDR

24-12-11 8.60AM(GMT)
    ZDF/ZDF HD

25-12-11 10.55AM (GMT)
    Five

1-1-12 7.50AM (GMT)
    rbb

3-1-12 6.20AM (GMT)
    WDR
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    On tonight (9-12-12)

7.15PM

19E
    rbb
    Eine musikalische Reise durch das Salzburger Land
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were just getting their moneys worth...the tickets to his shows are stupidly expensive...I mean he only uses four strings...most other bands have people who can play instruments with six strings...