Options

One Direction To Perform at the Olympics Closing Ceremonies!!

Comments

• Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    You need to see a gynocologist about that....seriously!!

i'm quoting the queen, lolz!!:D
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    So happy and proud for them. Well deserved. the only thing we need 100% confirmation now is the Spice Girls.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I think some of you are the most deluded stans I've come across in a long, jesus.

If you seriously believe One Direction are gonna be around for 10 years then.. god help you.

They've done really well so far, no one is denying that. Alot of people probably feel that there are many other artists who would be better in One Direction's place, for example Adele. I'm not really fussed whether they perform or not, that wasn't my point and I couldn't care less who performs.

If you think we're deluded then you're obviously not on twitter....

And no I don't think they will be together for 10 years...will anyone in the charts right now? Most likely not.

If people hate them that much, you can always mute the channel when they are on :D

Anyway I'll enjoy the ceremony and leave you lot to moan.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    i'm quoting the queen, lolz!!:D

Now you know the Queen wouldn't have said that....unless you ARE the Queen herself!! In that case, forgive me, your royal highness!!
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't there be people with actual talent where the UK can and should be proud of?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    I call them real musicians who didn't use a realitly show to get big...

so that's the beef? you actually make me laugh...:D

in this day and age, you are quite naive to think there should only one blueprint for legit success in the real world...:eek:

x factor is a platform...;)

and boy 1D and the fans made good use of what it can offer, lolz!!:D:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    So happy and proud for them. Well deserved. the only thing we need 100% confirmation now is the Spice Girls.

REALLY????? Might as well get the teletubbies and Bob the Builder to 'perform' too!! What a farce!!
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of you are the most deluded stans I've come across in a long, jesus.

To summarize my points. One Direction are cash cows/industry puppets. They work relentlessly for Simon Cowell and his record company. When I saw how many days they are touring next year, I was shocked. Also upon hearing they were only allowed 6 days off after 6 months or relentless promotion. Many boybands in the past have said work ethic's like this are really unhealthy and despite saying they are grateful, which I'm sure they are, I can bet that the novelty is wearing off very quickly for them. I really doubt it's "fun and random lolz" backstage. Boybands have a very limited time scale which is why the record company are milking it due to their core audience's moving on very quickly. For example like JLS's fans are moving onto 1D and The Wanted. If you seriously believe One Direction are gonna be around for 10 years then.. god help you.

They've done really well so far, no one is denying that. Alot of people probably feel that there are many other artists who would be better in One Direction's place, for example Adele. I'm not really fussed whether they perform or not, that wasn't my point and I couldn't care less who performs.

Adele will be about 8 months pregnant, and i'm doubtful she'd do it anyway cos of her dislike for oversized shows.

AS for 1D they could be around in 10 yrs but they'd have to develop some talent, so far they haven't suggested they're overburdened with the stuff which is probably why people get the impression they're being milked while it lasts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you know the Queen wouldn't have said that....unless you ARE the Queen herself!! In that case, forgive me, your royal highness!!

say goodbye to your head, common subject!! lolz!!:p:p
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think we're deluded then you're obviously not on twitter....

And no I don't think they will be together for 10 years...will anyone in the charts right now? Most likely not.

It's not you I'm talking about and yeah I have Twitter so I've seen first hand how deluded they are.

The point I'm making is, alot of boybands break after 3/4 years due to the hectic schedule's they have to follow. One's which are really similar to One Direction. It's hard work and very stressful amongst hundred's of other reason's. Record labels know boybands fanbases are extremely fickle and will move onto the next best thing as soon as it's available, which is why Syco have got them doing virtually everything they possibly can because in a few years, One Direction won't be the money makers anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Take That?? I think they would be a perfect link between the generations and have been around long enough to get the credibility required...

take that are also on the bill...:)
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    so that's the beef? you actually make me laugh...:D

in this day and age, you are quite naive to think there should only one blueprint for legit success in the real world...:eek:

x factor is a platform...;)

and boy 1D and the fans made good use of what it can offer, lolz!!:D:D:D:cool:

I find it funny how you're calling me naive yet looking at previous comments other people have made you just say a load of rubbish ignoring what they're saying.
    Some people in X factor who've worked quite a while to try and get big music I understand but sorry the boys were put together and ruined multiple songs on that show.

Read what other people have said with strong points and then look at yours.... also why the hell do you put lolz at the end of everything?
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    so we don't need 1D then if Take That are on the bill ... is Will Young on the bill too? if you want to pay tribute to reality show winners, he's your man... (and Leona is your woman!)

Overall so far I think the music coverage/references at the Olympic ceremony has been very unbalanced - way too much of the Beatles (and I am a fan), Sex Pistols, Arctic Monkeys (one song would have been enough), David Bowie and why oh why Dizzee Rascall - hip hop is not particularly British... but where were George Michael, Elton John, the New Romantics, Tears for Fears, UB40, Oasis, Cliff Richard, Susan Boyle, among others (such as the Spice Girls!) - people known and appreciated worldwide (whether you like them or not)?
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele will be about 8 months pregnant, and i'm doubtful she'd do it anyway cos of her dislike for oversized shows.

AS for 1D they could be around in 10 yrs but they'd have to develop some talent, so far they haven't suggested they're overburdened with the stuff which is probably why people get the impression they're being milked while it lasts.

I was using Adele as an example. Again, I'm not bothered about 1D performing there.

You're right but it's a very slim chance. Take That, one of our biggest boybands turned manbands, had to break up because the schedule was too much and all they saw was each other day in, day out. I can't think of many boybands that have lasted 10 years minus Westlife but the demand for them was never like One Direction's. Worldwide anyway.

My point is, boybands don't last long because of fleeting fanbases and relentless work ethic that comes with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To summarize my points. One Direction are cash cows/industry puppets. They work relentlessly for Simon Cowell and his record company. When I saw how many days they are touring next year, I was shocked. Also upon hearing they were only allowed 6 days off after 6 months or relentless promotion. Many boybands in the past have said work ethic's like this are really unhealthy and despite saying they are grateful, which I'm sure they are, I can bet that the novelty is wearing off very quickly for them. I really doubt it's "fun and random lolz" backstage. Boybands have a very limited time scale which is why the record company are milking it due to their core audience's moving on very quickly. For example like JLS's fans are moving onto 1D and The Wanted. If you seriously believe One Direction are gonna be around for 10 years then.. god help you.

and what's being deluded with being happy about the boys having this crazy amount of success and being given the opportunity to do what they've only dreamt of before-- heck, what others still dream of even as i type, lolz!!:eek::eek:

who said about 10 years on even?:rolleyes:

as you've said, they've done really well so far; exactly my point: their current unsweepable-under-the-rug kind of global success (Billboard-history making!! the first UK group in history to debut atop the Billboard 200 with their debut album; the first Billboard No1 DVD to outsell the Billboard No1 Album:eek:) warrants them a rightful place in the Olympics Closing Ceremony!!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny how you're calling me naive yet looking at previous comments other people have made you just say a load of rubbish ignoring what they're saying.
    Some people in X factor who've worked quite a while to try and get big music I understand but sorry the boys were put together and ruined multiple songs on that show.

Read what other people have said with strong points and then look at yours.... also why the hell do you put lolz at the end of everything?

coz you make me lolz? i mean laugh??;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so we don't need 1D then if Take That are on the bill ... is Will Young on the bill too? if you want to pay tribute to reality show winners, he's your man... (alongside Leona)

Overall so far I think the music coverage/references at the Olympic ceremony has been very unbalanced - way too much of the Beatles (and I am a fan), Sex Pistols, Arctic Monkeys (one song would have been enough), David Bowie and why oh why Dizzee Rascall - hip hop is not particularly British... but where were George Michael, Elton John, the New Romantics, Tears for Fears, UB40, Oasis, Cliff Richard, Susan Boyle, among others - people known and appreciated worldwide (whether you like them or not)?

by the same token, why we are happy 1D is there-- people known and appreciated worldwide (whether you like them or not)...:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and what's being deluded with being happy about the boys having this crazy amount of success and being given the opportunity to do what they've only dreamt of before-- heck, what others still dream of even as i type, lolz!!:eek::eek:

who said about 10 years on even?:rolleyes:

as you've said, they've done really well so far; exactly my point: their current unsweepable-under-the-rug kind of global success (Billboard-history making!! the first UK group in history to debut atop the Billboard 200 with their debut album; the first Billboard No1 DVD to outsell the Billboard No1 Album:eek:) warrants them a rightful place in the Olympics Closing Ceremony!!;)

Personally, I think chances of 1D staying together for 10 years - unabated - is slim to none.

Personally, I think after album #2 and the world tour in 2013, they should take a break. And those who want to go solo should give it a go. And if others want to try their hand at other projects like acting or starting a clothing ilne, etc... should take a crack at it.

Then after 2 or 3 years, get back together again for ablum #3.

I think Beyonce did that with Destiny's Child. A lot of K-Pop groups do that to keep everyone happy and feeling creatively fulfilled.. Big Bang is notorious for the wide variety of solo and duo projects they put out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

on a serious note, yes it's naive that you take it against the boys that they were formed in a talent show... as i said, others call it a platform... and the boys and the fandom really utilised that!! from live shows to video diaries and attendances at movie premieres...:D

there are actually people doing research and acknowledging 1D as the first act successfully brokered by the social media (twitter, tumblr, etc)-- justin bieber was buoyed by youtube...:eek:

i can't reply to all comments... i reply to those i see... some when i backread, has already been answered by someone else... and some are so tainted by skewed dislike of the boys they are laughable and best ignored... but yeah, which points did i not answer and should ve... lolz!!:p
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    by the same token, why we are happy 1D is there-- people known and appreciated worldwide (whether you like them or not)...:cool:

you miss my point.... I'm talking about the lack of balance in the music coverage... If Take That are on the bill, why 1D? Why two boybands and none of those listed?? There has been no reference to Andrew Lloyd Weber either so far... and I am a bit flabbergasted by the absence of any reference to Live Aid...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you miss my point.... I'm talking about the lack of balance in the music coverage... If Take That are on the bill, why 1D? Why two boybands and none of those listed?? There has been no reference to Andrew Lloyd Weber either so far...

i didn't... they are not the same...

1D is one of the current global phenomena out of britain (boyband or no;))...

take that is a long-lasting UK boyband...:)
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    on a serious note, yes it's naive that you take it against the boys that they were formed in a talent show... as i said, others call it a platform... and the boys and the fandom really utilised that!! from live shows to video diaries and attendances at movie premieres...:D

there are actually people doing research and acknowledging 1D as the first act successfully brokered by the social media (twitter, tumblr, etc)-- justin bieber was buoyed by youtube...:eek:

i can't reply to all comments... i reply to those i see... some when i backread, has already been answered by someone else... and some are so tainted by skewed dislike of the boys they are laughable and best ignored... but yeah, which points did i not answer and should ve... lolz!!:p

Sigh, this is like playing a pigeon at tennis, no matter how many good moves I make the pigeon is just gonna knock all the piece over and strut around like its victorious.
  • Options
    Forum Member

i can't reply to all comments... and some are so tainted by skewed dislike of the boys they are laughable and best ignored.... lolz!!:p

And yet you DONT ignore them and DO reply to them!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh, this is like playing a pigeon at tennis, no matter how many good moves I make the pigeon is just gonna knock all the piece over and strut around like its victorious.

playing tennis while riding your high horse, ey?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet you DONT ignore them and DO reply to them!!

i just wanna have fun!!:o

can't resist a funny line or two... or even more!! :eek::p:p