Jumped ship!! :-o

lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After countless years with Vodafone (contract, pay as you go, sim only - repeat x100) i walked in 3store today and signed up for an iPhone 5s (AYCE data, texts and 600mins for £37pm)

Question is....

How do I know when I've got 4G enabled? Do I get a text to tell me or what? The store staff, to be honest, didnt seem to care. But hey.

Comments

• lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or will 4G just magically appear on screen?
  • thebennyboythebennyboy Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    It already come active on the phone, at least it should. You should have a look at the coverage checker to see if you are in a 4G area. Check it here: http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Coverage
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not yet apparently, but its on the list to be before the end of 2014. Im excited ive never had unlimited unlimited UNLIMITED data before lol ive used 500mb in six hours already playing on Spotify and Youtube :D
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    You'll get 4G when you're in a 4G area.

As to when you'll get it at your postcode just use the coverage checker to see.
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    lee18xx wrote: »
    After countless years with Vodafone (contract, pay as you go, sim only - repeat x100) i walked in 3store today and signed up for an iPhone 5s (AYCE data, texts and 600mins for £37pm)

Question is....

How do I know when I've got 4G enabled? Do I get a text to tell me or what? The store staff, to be honest, didnt seem to care. But hey.

4G is enabled wherever its available!
    Forum Member
    Im not yet apparently, but its on the list to be before the end of 2014. Im excited ive never had unlimited unlimited UNLIMITED data before lol ive used 500mb in six hours already playing on Spotify and Youtube :D

Glad you are enjoying your truly unlimited data :D
  • Sphinxy1Sphinxy1 Posts: 216
    Forum Member

Go easy, try to share please ;)

Edit: Ignore me > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/196843290/DBUpload/20140418.195557.png

I'll take the network on then... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/196843290/DBUpload/20140418.200008.png

The 3G speeds tonight.. wow, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/196843290/DBUpload/20140418.200127.png
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you'll find your unlimited will be capped at 2GB if you try using it like Sphinxy..

Vodafone is also unlimited for the first 3 months by the way...
    Forum Member
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    I think you'll find your unlimited will be capped at 2GB if you try using it like Sphinxy..

Dat salt...
    Forum Member

You must be a Virgin Media customer. :D
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sphinxy1 wrote: »

Tangent.. my laptop also struggles to show 'Jack's iPhone', the apostrophe seems to throw it. Doesn't happen with my iPad though, laptop will show 'Jack's iPad' without a problem.
    Sphinxy1 wrote: »

Tangent 2.. sometimes when I disconnect my iPhone by cable from my laptop the iPhone decides to chuck on around 50GB of usage to the counter so I often have no idea of how much data I've actually used until my bill comes at the end of the month.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

mobile data on Three is truly unlimited (1,000GB) no need to try and confuse people.

WHats the point in having 3 months unlimited data and then begin enjoying it and then be capped and end up going over, that's Vodafone's strategy to make more money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mobile data on Three is truly unlimited (1,000GB) no need to try and confuse people.

WHats the point in having 3 months unlimited data and then begin enjoying it and then be capped and end up going over, that's Vodafone's strategy to make more money.

The screenshots clearly show tethering. Tethering is not unlimited on handset contracts, which the OP has. With a cap of 2GB, it's not truly unlimited at all.

As for Vodafone, yes that is their strategy, but you miss the point. They're the only network that currently offers unlimited tethering on new handset contracts, albeit only temporarily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be a Virgin Media customer. :D

There is no Virgin Media in Aberdeen.
    Forum Member
    The screenshots clearly show tethering. Tethering is not unlimited on handset contracts, which the OP has. With a cap of 2GB, it's not truly unlimited at all.

As for Vodafone, yes that is their strategy, but you miss the point. They're the only network that currently offers unlimited tethering on new handset contracts, albeit only temporarily.

so the day has come when you've finally turned into wavejock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mindless data wastage .

Clogging up the networks for us normal folks :(

:p
  • Sphinxy1Sphinxy1 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    Mindless data wastage .

That's why unlimited tethering sucks. Downloading massive files will not impact the user whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    There is no Virgin Media in Aberdeen.

You do know that Virgin Media also offer mobile services? :D
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    Mindless data wastage .

I kinda agree with this. Too many people using their unlimited tethering as a home connection which is clogging up the network for everyone who is using it for it's purpose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do know that Virgin Media also offer mobile services? :D

Only if you think Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile are the same thing...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda agree with this. Too many people using their unlimited tethering as a home connection which is clogging up the network for everyone who is using it for it's purpose.

Part of the problem is that 3 have positioned themselves so cheaply that it's far better value than actually getting a home connection, that and it's very difficult and expensive to get home connections on anything less than 12 months minimum contract. And even then there's a significant disconnection fee after 12 months with BT.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi mate, congrats on going with Three and picking the 5s(brilliant phones with a superb camera/video).

I'd check your AYCE data, you may find that it's unlimited on the phone but if you tether the phones internet to another device then you may have 2gb usuage for that. It was only recently brought into force.
    Forum Member
    Only if you think Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile are the same thing...

Virgin Mobile is a part of Virgin Media...
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin Mobile is a part of Virgin Media...

Different from a technical point of view though.