Greggs frozen food in Iceland

MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Greggs sausage rolls, steak bakes etc. boxed and frozen 'exclusive to Iceland' I saw today. How long's that been going on?

Probably ages knowing me, I'm a bit slow ;) but in my defence, I haven't been in Iceland for a while :)

Comments

• SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my least favourite brands in one product. Sounds pretty vile.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    For a while, I remember it being announced in here a good year ago or so.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MillyC wrote: »
    Greggs sausage rolls, steak bakes etc. boxed and frozen 'exclusive to Iceland' I saw today. How long's that been going on?

Probably ages knowing me, I'm a bit slow ;) but in my defence, I haven't been in Iceland for a while :)

i bought some of the sausage rolls about 6 months ago, so a while
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go to Iceland all the time and I've never seen these :o
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Stacy Soloman will be bringing this to the nations attention
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sausage rolls are really lush!
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love sausage rolls, pasties and croissants but ever since watching the Great British Bakeoff and seeing how much butter goes into the pastry I just can't bring myself to eat them and it is killing me.

I hate dieting - grrrr
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting after all these months for them to extend the range. The slices can't be that hard to reproduce surely. I'd also love a version of the quiches I get back up in Wolverhampton.
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it taste the same?
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much do these things cost? I think it is a good idea, but I don't think it would for me because I live alone and to make a single sausage roll would not be worth it at home, I might as well go to Greggs and buy it. I am (un)lucky enough to live two minutes' walk from two Greggs branches!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sausage rolls for a few months now, I get them now and again and they are ok, which is strange because the ones from Greggs stores I detest.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gooby wrote: »
    I absolutely love sausage rolls, pasties and croissants but ever since watching the Great British Bakeoff and seeing how much butter goes into the pastry I just can't bring myself to eat them and it is killing me.

I hate dieting - grrrr

It's a shame we only live once. Think of all the great food we miss out on due to concerns about our waistline
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much do these things cost? I think it is a good idea, but I don't think it would for me because I live alone and to make a single sausage roll would not be worth it at home, I might as well go to Greggs and buy it. I am (un)lucky enough to live two minutes' walk from two Greggs branches!

Pack of 4 sausage rolls is 1.50. Worth it imo. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No VAT on them either :)

Now if only Asda would start selling them..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I got the cornish pasties and the sausage and bean melts( frozen ) when i did my shopping..They were nice, and had a pasty for me dinner today :)
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this advertised on TV for the first time yesterday! I love greggs I might buy some :D
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep meaning to get these. I walk past every day on my way home from work!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Sausage rolls are lush! £1.50 for 4!
  • autumnautumn Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chicken and steak bakes are lovely. Everything is fine in moderation, except tobacco.
  • Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    Does it taste the same?

As far as I can tell, yes,
    Forum Member
    the stuff is lovely..had the other pasty today with some mash ..yum lol
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping Greggs will do their quiche. They were never available in their shops here down south.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    Does it taste the same?

I've only tried the sausage rolls but they actually taste exactly the same :)

Even half way through cooking I was doubtful but once they were done they were perfect!

The only thing I would say is that they need to be eaten whilst warm though. I had one, left the rest and they went a bit slimey so I threw them out.... the hot one was delish though :p
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    I'm still hoping Greggs will do their quiche. They were never available in their shops here down south.

their quiche is the best thing they "sell2 yet they never have it in my local! grrrr they started doing them about 2 years ago for about 6 months then just stopped. Im not impressed as I loved them.
    Forum Member
    I think i need to take a trip tomorrow, and buy some more stuff ( comes in handy for the freezer ) Just bung in oven :D