Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
Forum Member
✭✭
Who's had them?

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being groped during a screening of The Wild Bunch at the NFT?
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't go often,because of the mindless morons who either cannot be seperated from their phones (Okay then,I'll have chips for tea.You wot? Yeh thats right,innit....) or the boring bastards who have already seen it,and have to explain,loudly,to everyone in the theatre what is happening.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching The Lives of Others at the original Shepherds Bush Vue, and the projector broke down exactly at the most important point of the film. Eventually someone noticed and got it going again but the moment had passed. Must watch it again some time.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »
    I don't go often,because of the mindless morons who either cannot be seperated from their phones (Okay then,I'll have chips for tea.You wot? Yeh thats right,innit....) or the boring bastards who have already seen it,and have to explain,loudly,to everyone in the theatre what is happening.

If you don't go to the cinema in case of those two things happening, I think you are good to go back. I go around 4 times per month and never seen either one happening.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People munching on their popcorn & slurping their drinks...can't people go for a couple of hours without eating, I'm their to watch a film not experience a dining room.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    People munching on their popcorn & slurping their drinks...can't people go for a couple of hours without eating, I'm their to watch a film not experience a dining room.
    Worse than that. I went to the midnight screening of Thor the other night. It was part of a double bill. During the break between films, I went out and noticed a huge queue for snacks so didn't bother. The bit I cannot understand is that people waited in the queue and missed the first ten minutes of the film.

I like a drink with the film, but to actually miss the first ten minutes implies that the snacks are more important than the film. That is, the film that was so important that people wanted to see the midnight screening (nothing wrong with that), but didn't mind missing the start of it. I can't work out that logic.

Which brings me into my pet hate about cinema goers - late comers. I'd have the doors locked or tickets invalidated five minutes before the film start. If you are late, no I will not "excuse you" while I stand and let you in to your seats. Go sit on the seats up front.

This: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/movie_theater_layout
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Saw Apollo 13 at our local arts centre/cinema. About halfway through something dropped onto the projector and we were then treated to a shadow puppet show of the projectionists hand trying to pick what looked like public hair trimmings off the lens for about half an hour.

I also paid money to watch Anaconda.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Some jerk kept kicking the back of my chair during a screening of
    "The Wedding Video".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.i....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why must people use silly phrases like "munch on" and "slurping their"? It really grates.

Why can't people eat and/or drink in the cinema. You say "can't people go for a couple of hours without eating".....well, do you on an average day? Do you not eat or drink when you watch a film for two/three hours at home?
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When we was young me and my sisters went to see the Pokemon film (not my idea) and it was set to be the big blockbuster, tickets sold out etc etc, I got us tickets 3 days after opening and during the Easter holiday. We got in, sat down ok and started watching, about 10 minutes in an usher came in and casually said "fire alarm is going off please leave through the emergency exit" which we did, it was down the front by the screen, this lead out to a small alley way at the back of the cinema. Once out we went round to the front and black smoke billowed out of the roof. Turns out somebody set fire to one of those card board cut of things on the main reception area. Cinema was shut for months as they had to redecorate the reception/ticket area. Missed all the big films gladiator, Erin Brokovich to name 2. Still for a relatively small cinema, at the time only 4 screens it was a talking point among friends when we got back to school.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We went to see Quantum of Solace in Birmingham and there were a group of teenagers in there running riot for the first hour - they'd wanted to see a different film but couldn't prove their age to let them in to that film. A member of staff finally threw them out after several warnings, then about 20 mins later the cinema received a bomb alert and evacuated the cinema.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Why must people use silly phrases like "munch on" and "slurping their"? It really grates.

Onomatopoeia! It gives you a better idea of the annoying sound rather than just saying 'eating/drinking noisily'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why can't people eat and/or drink in the cinema. You say "can't people go for a couple of hours without eating".....well, do you on an average day? Do you not eat or drink when you watch a film for two/three hours at home?

They can, but it really grates me. Thankfully I can go to the cinema on a weekday morning, so I don't have to listen to people eating or drinking and watch a film in peace.

And yes I can quite easily go through an average day without the need to eat for a few hours, even watching a film at home, you know it isn't really one of life's challenges.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite often I watch a film whilst doing my ironing, but I don't take the ironing board to the cinema.

Home and the cinema are quite different environments - you don't usually have 150 other people in your living room, do you?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You make it sound like everyone who buys food and drinks from the cinema does this. This is not true. Don't get me wrong, it is slightly annoying if someone is moving a bag of sweets around but can't say i've ever heard someone "slurp" their drink when in the cinema.

Peope can go without eating or drinking but it is nice to have a drink and or something to nibble on while watching a movie, it's just what happenes. Deal with it.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made the mistake of going to see The Woman in Black during the Febuary half term holidays.

Teenage girls screaming at the slightest thing and idiots shouting things like 'Use your wand, Harry' and 'Expelliarmus'. :mad:
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made the mistake of going to see The Woman in Black during the Febuary half term holidays.

Teenage girls screaming at the slightest thing and idiots shouting things like 'Use your wand, Harry' and 'Expelliarmus'. :mad:

I know it shouldn't, but that did make me chuckle. :p
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I take in my own food now: sandwiches and bananas. That's quiet food.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    You make it sound like everyone who buys food and drinks from the cinema does this. This is not true. Don't get me wrong, it is slightly annoying if someone is moving a bag of sweets around but can't say i've ever heard someone "slurp" their drink when in the cinema.

Peope can go without eating or drinking but it is nice to have a drink and or something to nibble on while watching a movie, it's just what happenes. Deal with it.

Oh trust me I do, when I take the kids, if people around me are eating/drinking annoying me, I make sure the kids annoy them.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've posted them before, but........

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - Ruined by a couple of dozen noisy 'youths' who weren't interested in the film at all. I think they expected more Pirates of the Caribbean style nonsense.

Skyfall - Ruined by a small group of noisy disabled people.

two spoiled isn't bad, though, given that I've been to see several hundred films at the cinema over the decades.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    Quite often I watch a film whilst doing my ironing, but I don't take the ironing board to the cinema.

Home and the cinema are quite different environments - you don't usually have 150 other people in your living room, do you?

Poor analogy. If they sold ironing boards and irons at the kiosk and/or actively encouraged ironing in the cinema, then you'd understand why people ironed in the cinema, right?
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching 'Pulp Fiction' years ago in Reading, and hearing the music from 'The Lion King' coming through the walls from the screen next door!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

Dining rooms are becoming an anachronism.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was this film for me, too. We had an annoying group of kids behind us just making sarcastic comments, that they must have thought were "totes hilaar" over and over.

They were eventually thrown out. :cool: