BT's Disgustingly Shoddy Service!

Fault on phone line reported to BT three days ago and although we were told it would be dealt with very promptly we still have no line.
This morning I contacted BT and was told by an Indian lady that my phone should be repaired by the 26th - Well done BT! I am now hopefully going to move to another provider as your service is atrocious. In all these years of being a faithful customer I have only had to report to BT twice and the last time the line was repaired the next day >:(

Comments

• HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Moving would be cutting off you nose to spite your face - all providers have to use Openreach for repairs and, as nobody has priority over anyone else, the lead time for a repair would be identical.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    Moving would be cutting off you nose to spite your face - all providers have to use Openreach for repairs and, as nobody has priority over anyone else, the lead time for a repair would be identical.

Indeed. Unless you change to Virgin Media cable or move to Hull there are not many options for avoiding Openreach for line faults.

The only hope you have is that a different service provider pokes Openreach a bit more vigorously than BT to get a fault fixed. But even so it will probably be the same Openreach guy poking about in the wires whatever service provider you go with.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Op , do you also have a remote address ?
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT are easily the worst company to deal with. I had a BT contract for a few years (happy enough) and when renewing my contract was assured that when I was moving the fee would be the same in my new home. Several months later I informed them of the move they said there would be a £130 installation charge ,I refused ,they then came back saying no charge but they would cancel my existing contract and for the new address a new contract with and increase of £7pm. After thinking about it for a few days I withdrew from the new contract citing the 14 day cooling of period. They then sent me a bill for £130 for cancelling the old contract and an additional £78 for usage in my OLD house long since vacated.

After much ado they credited me with £75 and are now pursuing me for the £133. I have sent them a copy of their email cancelling the original contract. Looking forward to seeing them in the small claims court ...ROFL

BT be careful in dealing with them
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    BT are easily the worst company to deal with. I had a BT contract for a few years (happy enough) and when renewing my contract was assured that when I was moving the fee would be the same in my new home. Several months later I informed them of the move they said there would be a £130 installation charge ,I refused ,they then came back saying no charge but they would cancel my existing contract and for the new address a new contract with and increase of £7pm. After thinking about it for a few days I withdrew from the new contract citing the 14 day cooling of period. They then sent me a bill for £130 for cancelling the old contract and an additional £78 for usage in my OLD house long since vacated.

After much ado they credited me with £75 and are now pursuing me for the £133. I have sent them a copy of their email cancelling the original contract. Looking forward to seeing them in the small claims court ...ROFL

BT be careful in dealing with them

So you are taking BT to the small claims court?

They won't be taking you there. They would pass any perceived debt to a debt collection agency for them to deal with.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Phoned faults again yesterday 24th. and fault still not repaired although an Indian lady at their call centre (India???) told me it would be fixed before tomorrow. >:(
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoned faults again yesterday 24th. and fault still not repaired although an Indian lady at their call centre (India???) told me it would be fixed before tomorrow. >:(

In the op you said the 26th , did she change it to the 25th, I only asked about your location as you describe it as a

"Wee Highland cottage " sounds like its a remote I envisage an engineer climbing a mountain to get to you :)
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    In the op you said the 26th , did she change it to the 25th, I only asked about your location as you describe it as a

"Wee Highland cottage " sounds like its a remote I envisage an engineer climbing a mountain to get to you :)

In my dreams lol.
    Engineer 'fixed' phone but apparently disconnected internet grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    After a series of mishaps which were totally frustrating he final fixed it and said it was a series of network faults.
    After all the bl**dy money we pay them you think they could get it right!
  • ih8mondaysih8mondays Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT were on watchdog tonight... Slow speeds and slow to setup new lines.

If you use twitter, try mentioning @BTcare in a tweet. They are very good at resolving issues.