Google Chromebook

Hiya I have a gaming PC in the bedroom and I want to play my games in the living room.
I have found out that you can do in home streaming with steam. I want to buy a cheap laptop or chromebook in order to do this in the front room. Has anyone had any experience with chromebooks with linx installed? Or would i be better off buying a laptop i have seen a acer e11 for £230. What would you recommend doing? Thanks

Comments

• mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earth wrote: »
    Hiya I have a gaming PC in the bedroom and I want to play my games in the living room.
    I have found out that you can do in home streaming with steam. I want to buy a cheap laptop or chromebook in order to do this in the front room. Has anyone had any experience with chromebooks with linx installed? Or would i be better off buying a laptop i have seen a acer e11 for £230. What would you recommend doing? Thanks

I'm running Xubuntu 14.04 on my chromebook and it runs pretty well, it also ran Ubuntu pretty well too. It's not hard to install at all but be warned that you're on your own when something stuffs up.

See this.. https://github.com/eyecreate/ubuntu-chromebook-installer/ (use at your own risk!)
  • earthearth Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry Linux.