Options

Can someone explain Scott?

Comments

• Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the other day I was listening to Radio 2 in the car and thinking that "Wow. They have finally got some upto date decent pop music on Radio 2."

And then I checked the date on my driving licence ...
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Surely he must want to get knocked out, he can't really want to stand there another week and take the critiscm he is getting. His face certainly doesn't look like he is enjoying it, whereas Judy is smiling through her critiscm.
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Surely he must want to get knocked out, he can't really want to stand there another week and take the critiscm he is getting. His face certainly doesn't look like he is enjoying it, whereas Judy is smiling through her critiscm.

I agree with you
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed yesterday, after Caroline and Pasha's dance, all the contestants were clapping apart from Scott who was stoney faced leaning over the top.

Have never listened to Radio 1 but Scott seems like a nice bloke, just a terrible dancer and I hope he gets voted off very soon.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Great DJ

Poor dancer but is at least trying imo

Very trying!
  • Options
    ian001ian001 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since the launch show I've been surprised at how older Scott seems to come across compared to how he actually is.

Scott's a Radio 1 DJ and whilst he may one of the older DJs, he's just reached 40 and yet he looks so much older than his age/attitude - Scott is always wearing a jacket and tie.

Aside from rhythm, I don't think Scott has the physical strength to be a good dancer. His frame looks terrible. He's probably not that physically fit either (he is a smoker).
  • Options
    Amelia_ManonAmelia_Manon Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott is unable to dance.
    He dances as poorly as I do.
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have none of you watched the show before? The comically bad dances are kept in for a while by the public so we can essentially laugh at them. Happens every year.

The one week where he does a relatively decent "dance" and gets faint praise from the judges he'll be out.

It has nothing to do with him being on Radio 1. Pre-existing fan bases count for nothing.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have none of you watched the show before? The comically bad dances are kept in for a while by the public so we can essentially laugh at them. Happens every year.

The one week where he does a relatively decent "dance" and gets faint praise from the judges he'll be out.

It has nothing to do with him being on Radio 1. Pre-existing fan bases count for nothing.

People kept in who cannot dance at least attempt to be amusing. In this Scott has singularly failed.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But he isn't a joke act, he is just painful to watch. Nothing to laugh about with him at all & to make it worse, he looks like he would rather be anywhere else.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The trouble is he's no John Sargaent, or Anne Widdecombe, or Kate Garraway.

He's not in the 'this is so funny I want to keep him in' league.

He's got nothing going for him at all.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne needs to work on his facial expressions :o:o

He's pouting in every dance :o:confused::confused:
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone loves an underdog, except on here maybe
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone loves an underdog, except on here maybe

We all, mainly I think, love Tim - but Scott looks like he is having a miserable time.
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would teenagers want to vote for him though? It would be in his best interest to be voted out next week. Can you imagine what his Rumba would be like.... :o
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    People kept in who cannot dance at least attempt to be amusing. In this Scott has singularly failed.

Why, he is on a show learning to dance , he ,is not good at it, Joanne and he have absolutely nothing in common? He is a witty 40 year old gay man, who is in the company of a spoilt Disney princess wannabe who acts like a child but it actually 30!

He is trying, he has been made ,to dress up as a crab, where amongst all that do you expect him to make an effort to be amusing, and remind me what exactly has Judy said that was amusing?

This petulance and being horrid about him because he cannot dance is beyond me, none of the dancers that have gone out have been better than him, and even if Mark had gone out, it would still not have been Scott's fault.

He can beg for votes all he likes, if people don't want to vote for him they won't.

He needs to be given a dance to decent music that he can do to a decent level and go out with some of the dignity that strictly have tried so hard to take away from him.

And now people are complaining because he is not making an effort to be amusing.

If I were Scott I would be getting my agent to find a loophole in the contract and tell Strictly to stuff themselves.

If I were Joanne I would look at my celeb recognise his misery and do what I could to make him feel more comfortable.

Bloody hell I haven't voted for him but blaming someone for being unable to do something , despite trying is really nasty and I would be tempted to keep him in until a load of better dancers have gone out. However, I can recognise misery when I see it and know he wants to leave, so I won't vote for him .
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Joanne needs to work on his facial expressions :o:o

He's pouting in every dance :o:confused::confused:

Have you seen Joanne's face, she make Karen Hardy look refined with her expressions, I expect she has encouraged it, because I haven't seen him do it before.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    He's such a terrible dancer (so much so that Len and Bruno finally figured they had less than 5) that he doesn't deserve to be there- I do have to say though the Crab Dance was beautifully entertaining for all the wrong reasons, I nearly fell off my chair laughing when he came out like that- Joanne is a Ballroom Showdance Champion, I refuse to believe she hasn't taught him hold and posture etc... but he just can't do it and he's coming across as very unlikeable- His little Strictly run could end up losing him listeners imo
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    He's such a terrible dancer (so much so that Len and Bruno finally figured they had less than 5) that he doesn't deserve to be there- I do have to say though the Crab Dance was beautifully entertaining for all the wrong reasons, I nearly fell off my chair laughing when he came out like that- Joanne is a Ballroom Showdance Champion, I refuse to believe she hasn't taught him hold and posture etc... but he just can't do it and he's coming across as very unlikeable- His little Strictly run could end up losing him listeners imo

For this in particular, he says in this clip something along the lines of just falling apart when he gets to the studio so all the work during the week comes undone. Perhaps it's nerves that is making him look worse than he is? I don't know, I find myself feeling sorry for both in the partnership - http://youtu.be/_yiU7r6Lah0
  • Options
    washboardwashboard Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    People kept in who cannot dance at least attempt to be amusing. ....

I apologise for the language I am about to use.

However, Craig "I just want to make it to Blackpool" Kelly (end of profanity) fell firmly into the category of those who could neither dance, nor attempted to make it amusing.

He also fell into the category of those who did not realise that he couldn't dance. That possibly offered his ego, and soul, some protection.

I think that Scott is painfully aware that he cannot dance. He is painfully aware that every time he steps on the dance floor people are laughing at him, not with him.

His day job requires him to play the music which his bosses have chosen to put on the playlist - and he has to pretend that those are his choices.

It's not a million miles away from the situation that the pros on Strictly are in when it comes to music choices. It's not a million miles away from the situation that the celebs on Strictly are in, when it comes to the 'story' they are allocated.

It doesn't take too much of a leap of imagination to think that Scott's 'appeals for votes' are just as scripted as the rest of his day job. Even if all he really wants is to be voted out of the show.

If so, he's in a very special kind of hell - one which Dante might have imagined if he had lived in our times.

I would feel very sorry for anyone in that situation.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Scott isn't comical. He doesn't have the personality to be comical. Gregg would have been the comical act if he had lasted beyond first week. It doesn't help that he is with a pro dancer who seems wishy washy as well. If he is calling on the likes of One Direction fans to vote then god help us all. He will be there for a few weeks as they all send in their 3 votes and spend their pocket money.

I usually don't bother too much about the iffy dancers and the order they go out as long as all the better dancers remain until after mid way point. BUT this year it is really starting to annoy me. Scott and Judy still there. They are neither funny or doing any decent dancing. I do fear next week that we could lose Sunetra / Steve if they are in a dance off against Simon or Mark.
  • Options
    washboardwashboard Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    ... However, I can recognise misery when I see it and know he wants to leave, so I won't vote for him .

I agree with all of your post - but particularly this part ^^^.

I see no 'sympathy' in voting for someone who seems to be in that state.
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's his listeners that are voting for him can they start broadcasting his dances on the radio only!
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Why, he is on a show learning to dance , he ,is not good at it, Joanne and he have absolutely nothing in common? He is a witty 40 year old gay man, who is in the company of a spoilt Disney princess wannabe who acts like a child but it actually 30!

He is trying, he has been made ,to dress up as a crab, where amongst all that do you expect him to make an effort to be amusing, and remind me what exactly has Judy said that was amusing?

This petulance and being horrid about him because he cannot dance is beyond me, none of the dancers that have gone out have been better than him, and even if Mark had gone out, it would still not have been Scott's fault.

He can beg for votes all he likes, if people don't want to vote for him they won't.

He needs to be given a dance to decent music that he can do to a decent level and go out with some of the dignity that strictly have tried so hard to take away from him.

And now people are complaining because he is not making an effort to be amusing.

If I were Scott I would be getting my agent to find a loophole in the contract and tell Strictly to stuff themselves.

If I were Joanne I would look at my celeb recognise his misery and do what I could to make him feel more comfortable.

Bloody hell I haven't voted for him but blaming someone for being unable to do something , despite trying is really nasty and I would be tempted to keep him in until a load of better dancers have gone out. However, I can recognise misery when I see it and know he wants to leave, so I won't vote for him .

I completely agree with this. i have been a fan of Scott's radio show for a long time and listen every day. I must admit this is the first series of Strictly I have watched and I am watching because Scott is on it. I have enjoyed listening to the build up, and his comments on the show, it is like seeing the show from the inside out. I don't believe Scott is arrogant, or angry, I do think he is slightly bemused and humiliated though.

What I really can't understand is why in 2014 they didn't didn't give him a gay man to dance with. Surely it is time to have a single sex partnership on Strictly.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen Joanne's face, she make Karen Hardy look refined with her expressions, I expect she has encouraged it, because I haven't seen him do it before.

Agree, when they did the tango they both were pouting, it was a weird dance, Craig said as much and each dance that has followed is just as weird and creepy. Scott is odd but i find Joanne's dance routines equally odd.

I don't find them at all entertaining, i find them both weird.