ASTRA 2C at 28e

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10964H is 100% with a 60cm dish. (My dish is maximised for 28.5). The signal is intermittent. (It goes on and off at times!:D) I've not scanned any actual channels from it yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80% quality on a 60 cm dish in the Scottish Borders.

One tp on air carrying five x Five channels

C5
    Five US
    Five US +1
    Five Life
    Five Life +1

All in ftv in NDS
  • Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I have the best quality signal from that "new" transponder on 2C with a motorized 80 cm dish in Seville.

The signal is better than what I have with transponders on the South Beam of Astra 2A/B : 11954 H and 12441 V , both used by the BBC.

In Spain there is a great expectation about the "future moving" services to 2C.

People dream about : ITV , BBC TV and others.

IMHO, BBC have already moved what they had to move to Astra 2A ( the radios and not all them), to the Southern Beam. That is going to be all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fully agree with you Juan Carlos Ara. There is no way the BBC or ITV are moving any of their main channels to 2C - the footprint coverage is far too wide for that to ever happen. ITV have half a tp on 2C but my money is on interactive stuff (half a tp is about 4-5 channels worth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently getting 5 'dead' channels on an old skybox on 10964 H.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently getting 5 'dead' channels on an old skybox on 10964 H.

Oh yes so am i now.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes so am i now.

No signal here on all 5 - on non Sky box with Dragon CAM and Sky sub card.
  • EUROPAEUROPA Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone know what beam that 10.964 was on
  • RyubenRyuben Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Something strange is happening with 2C on my receiver (Humax 5100)

I try to tune into 10964 H, and get almost 100% signal quality..... but it lasts just for a few seconds. Right after that it drops inmediately and reaches 0% signal quality.

Two or theree seconds after that it will be back to 100% and then up and down, once and again. Signal strength remains constant.

Storing anything from that TP is clearly impossible.... and I have clear reception of South and S1 beams.

Any ideas?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryuben wrote: »
    Something strange is happening with 2C on my receiver (Humax 5100)

I try to tune into 10964 H, and get almost 100% signal quality..... but it lasts just for a few seconds. Right after that it drops inmediately and reaches 0% signal quality.

Any ideas?

Not that it really helps you, but it's very strong here on the CB - stronger than anything except the south beams.

Is it possible it's *too* strong for your Humax? I've seen something similar on an over-amplified TDT signal.
  • RyubenRyuben Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I wondered that as the Humax receiver is really sensitive with low powered signals and 2C would be "beating the top" somehow.

Anyway it is nonsense to broadcast if it may not be recivable.

I'll let the tests finish and then decide :sleep:
  • EUROPAEUROPA Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still not made it back to TF;i will check signal when im here and hopfully the north pole beam was just a computer disign fault
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new cerires of 11185v on tp 2c

only show level no quality sinal
  • paul gouvespaul gouves Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Getting the five channels here in Crete on a 1.5m dish, I really hope they put some BBC + ITV on 2c
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting the five channels here in Crete on a 1.5m dish, I really hope they put some BBC + ITV on 2c

ITV have half a transponder booked, but its likely only the interactive stuff will apear there. No chance whatsoever of the main channels going on there due to rights issues.
  • ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm, whats the beam spread of 2C? On a par with 2A/2B? Or more like 2D?

And yeah, there is no chance ITV or BBC will put any 'main' channels on 2C, i wish they would, you can't imagine how much that would help me!
  • timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian-d wrote: »
    Can someone confirm, is the accessibility in europe to Astra2 pretty much in order, i.e. 2A being easiest to receive, and 2D hardest? I kind of know the answer, but clarification from the smarty pants would be good.

Well, it depends on where you are. Some places may get Astra 2C more easily than one of the North or South beams on Astra 2A or 2B.

Astra 2A and 2B are very similar with distinctive North and South beams:
    http://www.astra.lu/corpSite/site_en/04_ASTRAFleet/03_satellite_list/astra2a/index.php
    http://www.astra.lu/corpSite/site_en/04_ASTRAFleet/03_satellite_list/astra2b/index.php

Astra 2C probably has the widest reach:
    http://www.astra.lu/corpSite/site_en/04_ASTRAFleet/03_satellite_list/astra2c/index.php

And Astra 2D is the difficult one:
    http://www.astra.lu/corpSite/site_en/04_ASTRAFleet/03_satellite_list/astra2d/index.php
  • clubsmsclubsms Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    11023 H 27500 now gives signal and quality but my box can not find any of the hidden channels
  • PaulRussellPaulRussell Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clubsms wrote: »
    11023 H 27500 now gives signal and quality but my box can not find any of the hidden channels

My Pace DS810XE does not indicate that it has found a carrier, but I get a message that tells me:

No information table (PAT)

I don't get that message if I enter a random non-active frequency, but would get a "No signal" message.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    As a newbie I hope I haven't missed this info in another thread.

I am struggling to find out any info about the possible move of channels from Eurobird1 to Astra2C. I just had a new (1.37m) dish installed (I live in the Algarve) and when the installer couldn't maximize the signal on 28.5, he said that it wasn't so important as soon all the 28.5s would be on 28.2.

So far all I have found is that 2C has been moved from 19.2 to 28.2 and that Five is now live on 2C. But nowhere can I find any confirmation about what channels will migrate, or when.

If anyone can point me in the direction of any info I would be most grateful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skewdaddy wrote: »

I am struggling to find out any info about the possible move of channels from Eurobird1 to Astra2C. I just had a new (1.37m) dish installed (I live in the Algarve) and when the installer couldn't maximize the signal on 28.5, he said that it wasn't so important as soon all the 28.5s would be on 28.2.

So far all I have found is that 2C has been moved from 19.2 to 28.2 and that Five is now live on 2C. But nowhere can I find any confirmation about what channels will migrate, or when.

I dare say that you will continue to struggle, because that sort of comprehensive overview is not in the public domain.

As you know there are two different satellite operators, SES-Astra and Eutelsat. Astra have the fleet bearing their name, and Eutelsat operate the Eurobird. Their respective customers have rental contracts with them, and would only switch at the end of that contract period, or for pressing operational reasons.

You could though, email individual broadcasters currently using the Eurobird, and ask if they have any plans to move to one of the Astra birds. Incidentally, Eurobird customers are believed to get a very good carriage deal from Eutelsat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skewdaddy wrote: »
    As a newbie I hope I haven't missed this info in another thread.

He is talking rubbish and obviously doesnt know what hes doing - The Algarve is well within the coverage area of EB1

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eb1_fixed.html

Get the pillock back and to finish the install off properly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Thanx Jay C & Analoguesat

I didn't mean to imply that I could not receive EB1, just that the balance of signal between EB1 and the 2s was not optimised. Using an old Amstrad DRX100 gives me all the FTA channels available via Sky, without problems. My locally sourced, second FTA box is only granting me occasional access to EB1 vertically polarised frequencies, which leads me to believe that it is dieing and/or the LNB (dual Syntec2000) skew angle is not quite right.

I was just curious about the move of channels, not so much the physical setup of the new dish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None planned that we know of, but that sort of info probably woudnt be public anyway. Its a case of wait and see Im afraid.