Loss of Disney channel

The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have multiroom; on the Sky+ box all channels are showing fine but on the second box we have a complete loss of all Disney channels. Seeing as this is the TV for the kids its a tad annoying! I rang the technical helpline and after going through their usual checks all they can now recommend is an engineer out at acost of £65, but even then he says he couldnt guarantee it fixing the problem. Coming two months after I threatened to cancel the whole Sky package it all seems a little contrived to me - but maybe Im just a cynic :) Anybody else have any problems like this and if so, any tips for getting Disney back so my kids stop moaning.

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you done any tests?

Is Disney counted as a premium channel? If not, swap your cards over for a minute, see what happens. All normal channels should work fine on both boxes, put premium ones won't, as they need pairing with the box. If it's not a premium channel, it'll help eliminate the card as the problem.

If it is a premium channel, you could always swap boxes over, this will help eliminate a problem with the LNB.

Thats all i can think of at the moment.
  • Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, Disney Channel is not a premium channel any more, it's a Kids Mix channel, so you could try swapping the cards, but I highly doubt it will have any effect. Have you tried rebooting the box (turning it off at the wall, then on again)? The majority of problems can be fixed this way.

If that doesn't work, the best thing you can do is swap the boxes and see if the problem stays with the box, or stays with the room it's fitted in. If it stays with the box, you know the box has the problem. If it stays with the room it's fitted in (in other words, the problem transfers to the other box), you know that it's a cabling or LNB problem.
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the helps folks. We did try re booting the box but with no joy; I suspect its the cabling but will try out the card for good measure.

thanks again.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the helps folks. We did try re booting the box but with no joy; I suspect its the cabling but will try out the card for good measure.

thanks again.

How did you get on, any joy with your tests?
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welllllllllll........................

without doing anything at all, miraculously theyre back on today!!!! The weather hasnt been particularly bad, nothing has changed as far as Im aware so this one's a mystery.

I'll keep you posted, thanks again folks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I had this problem about 6 months ago. after a long talk on the phone with the woman on the other end using technical words and ideas, that she did not understand, she said she would resend the activation codes to the card, this could take from 10mins to 8 hours.

3mins later the channel was accessible again.