Options

***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 3) ***

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss her :( I can't believe her eras are getting shorter and shorter.

Hopefully the video for Feel This Moment comes out soon :D
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she make any other video after Your Body? What's happening to our Christina?! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Did she make any other video after Your Body? What's happening to our Christina?! :(

Nope, so far its the only video. I definitely think something is up with her/RCA/something, as they have put even less effort in to Lotus than Bionic!

Her next video I think will be Feel This Moment with Pitbull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think Bionic is miles ahead of Lotus? Content wise..and vocally especially?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think Bionic is miles ahead of Lotus? Content wise..and vocally especially?

Bionic i think is her best "Pop" themed album in terms of variation and content and a sense of cohesiveness too...a mix of Electropop then contemporary with some retro Pop and Dance thrown in and echoes to her 80s influences and Indie Pop kinda influences too...i very much prefer it and while in some ways it was behind the times it was ahead in some aspects too :) plus it contained her best Sia songs on there all 4...and i love her work with Ladytron and Santigold and MIA on there too :) just wish it was more of its original concept as it may have been her best work....but alas it wasnt meant to be...personally iprefer it to Stripped too and just behind Back To Basics (Disc 2 in particular is the best thing she has don ever i feel!) Lotus is my least favourite by a literal landslide!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I definitely prefer Lotus to Bionic. Bionic was kind of messy and she didn't seem to have a clear idea of what it was she was trying to do. Some of the songs are great but then she sort of ruins it by putting things like I Hate Boys and Desnudate on there. I mean, Desnudate isn't even a song, its just 3 minutes of her grunting and moaning. And I Hate Boys is just shockingly bad. Even the ballads are kind of...dull? You Lost Me is kind of a rehash of Bound To You and Lift Me Up doesn't seem to go anywhere. I think Lotus shows off more sides to Christina than Bionic does and it is lyrically stronger. I also prefer her vocals on Lotus but Back to Basics and Burlesque are her best albums for vocals imo.

One thing I have always noticed with Christina and her fans though is people never appreciate her music when its current and only like it when the next album comes out haha. I remember all her fans hating Back to Basics when it came out, going on about how boring it was and how she had lost her edge etc. then Bionic came out and suddenly everyone's favourite album is Back to Basics because it was more mature than Stripped. Similarly, everyone hated Bionic (I remember all the 'Colonic' jokes) and now that Lotus is here its a case of 'Bionic was Christina at her artistic best' etc. I'm sure the same will happen with her next album and everyone will be like 'but the songs on Lotus summarised her struggle in the industry so well' etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved Bionic since the day it was released. Go watch this with regards to Lift Me Up.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Om41tXt8BUY
    And I adore Desnudate!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    I definitely prefer Lotus to Bionic. Bionic was kind of messy and she didn't seem to have a clear idea of what it was she was trying to do. Some of the songs are great but then she sort of ruins it by putting things like I Hate Boys and Desnudate on there. I mean, Desnudate isn't even a song, its just 3 minutes of her grunting and moaning. And I Hate Boys is just shockingly bad. Even the ballads are kind of...dull? You Lost Me is kind of a rehash of Bound To You and Lift Me Up doesn't seem to go anywhere. I think Lotus shows off more sides to Christina than Bionic does and it is lyrically stronger. I also prefer her vocals on Lotus but Back to Basics and Burlesque are her best albums for vocals imo.

One thing I have always noticed with Christina and her fans though is people never appreciate her music when its current and only like it when the next album comes out haha. I remember all her fans hating Back to Basics when it came out, going on about how boring it was and how she had lost her edge etc. then Bionic came out and suddenly everyone's favourite album is Back to Basics because it was more mature than Stripped. Similarly, everyone hated Bionic (I remember all the 'Colonic' jokes) and now that Lotus is here its a case of 'Bionic was Christina at her artistic best' etc. I'm sure the same will happen with her next album and everyone will be like 'but the songs on Lotus summarised her struggle in the industry so well' etc.

Completely agree with this. Bionic is a mess of an album. I don't think of it as an album either. It has no flow at all. Its just a collection of songs that anyone could be singing. It wasn't Christina at all. Zero personal connection. Even All I Need lacks spirit.

Its such a shame because after Back To Basics she had such a good thing going. Whether it was Christina or RCA who decided she needed to be more ''radio'' just because B2B wasn't, they made a mistake and its pissed her career up. I am really not sure she will ever return to her previous glory now. Its been a long time since she really impacted the world charts on her own merits. I know Mariah had a massive comeback with Mimi but she never really went away despite two dodgy eras. Christina however is struggling so hard to make any sort of impact. Its sad her talent has come to being ignored.

I really think she needs to hook up with Sia and Linda Perry. Just those two, for a simple album of 10 personal songs. No gimmicks, no over sexual nature. Just back to basics if you like. Stripped back to her best. That at this point would benefit her more. Adele has proven you dont need to be singing Katy Perry/Lady Gaga type songs to be a success. Christina should focus on her own strengths and stop looking to please US Radio with all this dance shit. Thats what has killed her career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    franster wrote: »
    I miss her :( I can't believe her eras are getting shorter and shorter.

Hopefully the video for Feel This Moment comes out soon :D
    The 'FTM' video will be released in less than 2 weeks. The song is already a hit, aiming for smash hit territory, so her label HAD BETTER capitalize on that, unlike their lack of any reaction after 'Moves Like Jagger'. Maybe she should release a new single WITH an official video in May, after 'FTM' has smashed on radio. People would be more warm to her music by then.

As far as 'Just a Fool' goes, it's another potential hit that was ruined by horrible label decisions. They let it flop on pop radio without a video and they didn't send it to other radio formats until two weeks ago. It's still rising, but very slowly and, unless they're willing to rush release a video in the next two or three weeks and/ or have her perform at a high profile show, the song is dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she necessarily needs to alter her sound, she just needs to promote whatever it is she decides to release. Christina is lucky in that she can do ballads and do dance songs and be authentic with both. She has a fair amount of hits in both genres so its not a case of her sticking to what she's good at. Plus I don't really want her to go backwards and start doing the Back to Basics sound again, I just want her/her team to commit to whatever it is they do actually decide to release.

Your Body could have been a hit, it held on on iTunes even when radio play was decreasing, and it has a pretty health number of views on YouTube which is ever increasing. There was quite a lot of good will around her when it came out, with lots of people saying it was a 'return to form' etc. but her team didn't capitalise on it and just...left it.

She needs to promote in an intelligent/strategic way. Why not launch the video on The Voice? Why not do radio tours? Why not host SNL? Why not actually perform your single!? We've had one performance of Your Body and it wasn't even the studio version. Doing covers like that is fine, I enjoyed it and it was a nice spin on the song, but that is really not acceptable as the only performance of your lead single.

Her team seriously underestimate the power of live performances, Beyonce's 'comeback' was fuelled entirely by one performance, Adele's Someone Like You was fuelled by one performance, Girl On Fire only took off after one performance etc.etc.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you remember when we thought the lead single was called Carnival Groove? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you remember when we thought the lead single was called Carnival Groove? :D
    No, not really. But I remember when we thought that the first single would be called 'LOVE Your Body' and would be premiered in December 2011 and the second single would be a mid-tempo called 'Easier to Lie'.

Too bad things didn't really work out. I still hope that 'LTBL' will save the era after 'FTM' being a smash. People obviously care about Christina. Otherwise, why would 'YB' get 8 million views in the past 3 days and why would 'JAF' sell 430k copies without a video or airplay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina made the Time 100!! It's a list that includes the 100 most influential people in the world!! They got Celine Dion to write an article about Christina as well!!! :D

http://time100.time.com/2013/04/18/time-100/slide/christina-aguilera/
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I've loved Bionic since the day it was released. Go watch this with regards to Lift Me Up.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Om41tXt8BUY
    And I adore Desnudate!

Desnudate could be a minute shorter, in my opinion. It drags. :( That said, I do like a lot of Bionic.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Christina made the Time 100!! It's a list that includes the 100 most influential people in the world!! They got Celine Dion to write an article about Christina as well!!! :D

http://time100.time.com/2013/04/18/time-100/slide/christina-aguilera/

Some pictures of her from the Time 100 Galas. She looks great!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2313842/Christina-Aguilera-flatters-curvy-frame-black-floor-length-gown-keyhole-cut-Time-100-Gala.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is going on with her career? The new Pitbull song that she features on is a complete mess in my opinion, and although it was a massive success, I really don't like Moves Like Jagger.

I still haven't bought Lotus. I've heard a few tracks on Grooveshark but the europop thing really isn't my bag. I quite like "Just A Fool" though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very much dislike Lotus...its not even a case of...oh in time it will grow on me...its a case of no...it literally is Pop that goes nowehere at all....Its such a dull album :/ wish it were better than what it is but hey ho....but nice to see she looks like CHristina again...the suits the hair the lipstick...she looks like she is getting more at one with herself again and this would be the boost she needs realy :)

Also interesting that she and Miguel are together there...would love a collab between those two actually...love his Adorn song and can imagine a kidna Neo-Soul, Quiet Storm type song together...in fact Neo-Soul could really fit Christina something slick for her next album.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Lotus. Still do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina is returning to the 5th season of 'The Voice'! The blind auditions will start being filmed soon! :D

Plus, she's getting a HUGE pay rise! She's getting 17 million for this season! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Christina is returning to the 5th season of 'The Voice'! The blind auditions will start being filmed soon! :D

Plus, she's getting a HUGE pay rise! She's getting 17 million for this season! :eek: :D

:eek: That's a ridiculous amount of money but I'm looking forward to seeing her back on The Voice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Did anyone catch her yesterday at the Billboard Awards? She looked amazing!

EDIT: Here is the performance. She looks a lot slimmer too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a massive Xtina fan since Stripped. Stripped and Back to Basics are in my top 10 albums of all time. But then Bionic came along and I didn't enjoy the new musical direction at all. Apart from the beautiful Lift Me Up and You Found Me, I hated the album and didn't buy it. I was excited for Lotus until she released Your Body, which I didn't like, and so I've avoided listening to Lotus at all - preferring to remember her for her previous albums than think of her as going "downhill".

What a mistake! I have finally listened to Lotus and I'm in love all over again. Your Body isn't representative of Lotus at all, and nowhere near the best track on it. I think it's a real shame it was the first single release - or at least, the best known. IMO Sing For Me, Blank Page, Empty Words, Cease Fire and Army of Me are the heart of this album. But then, I always love Xtina best when she is singing with soul and not just catchy pop songs. IMO her soul and passion are what make her the best female singer around. Mariah undoubtedly has a better range but she leaves me cold, there is no emotion in her songs. Christina is uncontrolled and raw but she means what she sings, when she has the right songs.

I'm also finding Shut Up ridiculously catchy - does anybody know who it's aimed at?

There was a massive vocal improvement between Stripped and Back to Basics, especially with phrasing, and she has improved again between then and now. I'm sad to hear she seems to be straining much more to belt out those long notes, and I hope her voice isn't too damaged :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe how bitter and ugly the Leona Lewis fans look over Blank Page right now. Seen a whole new side to her fanbase. They make the Biebliers look sane! lol
    I'm actually so shocked at Leona fans. I really didn't realise they were like this.

I suppose thats jealously for you.
    tburke644 wrote: »
    hiya! just wanted everyone to know I'm a Leona stan... but I'm also a fan of Christina and her voice.... and in NO WAY do I think xtina is fat!!!
    Although I was disappointed that Leona didn't get blank page... Im glad it went to THE ONLY OTHER ARTIST (imo) that could do the song justice!!!

So I just wanted you all to know not all of us Leona fans are assholes! haha :) anyways... i wish Christina luck with Lotus, after all, she really deserves it! :)

Yes, it's not all of us! I love Leona but I'm glad the song stayed with Christina. It's very her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christina got new certifications in the UK this week!!

Her debut was certified platinum.
    'Stripped' was certified six times platinum.
    'Bionic' was certified silver

Also, DJ Premiere (producer of 'ANOM' as well as the majority of 'B2B' disc 1) tweeted Linda Perry yesterday saying it was about "Xtina business" (direct quote). Maybe they're working together again? :D

And last but not least, the photoshoot she did with Maxim will be released in 2 weeks! ET showed a brief video including behind the scenes footage AND the cover of the issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEzC_WOHpE&feature=player_embedded
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just adore this woman!