Options

Brush Strokes

Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any Brush Strokes fans? I have been watching the entire series and its still as good as I remember it as a kid and had a crush on Karl Howman. I had forgotten Lionel was killed off which was disappointing as I liked his clashes with Jacko. Any one know why Gary Waldhorn left?:)

Comments

• Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prefer the beautiful Mulberry but this is a fun series. First couple of series in particular were very good. Looking forward to Karl in Eastenders. Don't usually watch it, but I rate him as an actor so will check it out when he arrives.

Assume Gary had other commitments. Sure it was amicable because Lionel was properly written out rather than just disappearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prefer the beautiful Mulberry but this is a fun series. First couple of series in particular were very good. Looking forward to Karl in Eastenders. Don't usually watch it, but I rate him as an actor so will check it out when he arrives.

Assume Gary had other commitments. Sure it was amicable because Loinel was properly written out rather than just disappearing.

Loved Mulberry too such a lovely series. I will be curious to see Karl Howman in Eastenders to.:)
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Assume Gary had other commitments. Sure it was amicable because Loinel was properly written out rather than just disappearing.
    Not really. I can't recall which series it was, but episode one of it opened with and centred around Lionel's funeral, having been killed off off screen in a bizarre, Masonic lodge related accident. It was plausible (for Lionel) and it may well have been amicable, but he did just disappear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Not really. I can't recall which series it was, but episode one of it opened with and centred around Lionel's funeral, having been killed off off screen in a bizarre, Masonic lodge related accident. It was plausible (for Lionel), but he did just disappear.

Ah, didn't know that. Memory of the later episodes is rather sketchy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Not really. I can't recall which series it was, but episode one of it opened with and centred around Lionel's funeral, having been killed off off screen in a bizarre, Masonic lodge related accident. It was plausible (for Lionel) and it may well have been amicable, but he did just disappear.

Actually it was crazy the way they did it. In one of the episodes of that series they had a photo of the actor in the background at his home to remind you of him and in the last series it was suggested he was haunting his office.

Kinda glad Jacko did not end up with anyone but would like to think when he flipped the coin in the last episode it was Sandra he went to stay with rather than Lesley.;-)
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be curious to see Karl Howman in Eastenders to.:)

I didn't know he was joining EastEnders

Saw him in a recent episode of Doctors which was the first time I'd seen him for ages - glad he's making a return to our screens
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually it was crazy the way they did it. In one of the episodes of that series they had a photo of the actor in the background at his home to remind you of him and in the last series it was suggested he was haunting his office.

Kinda glad Jacko did not end up with anyone but would like to think when he flipped the coin in the last episode it was Sandra he went to stay with rather than Lesley.;-)

Yeah, Sandra all the way. Remember rather fancying Jackie Lye back in the day. Said on this forum before, she was and is Newcastle United mad, but was too polite to tell Mr Larbey so Sandra remained a Sunderland fan and she got a lot of mickey taking from friends and family. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    I didn't know he was joining EastEnders

Saw him in a recent episode of Doctors which was the first time I'd seen him for ages - glad he's making a return to our screens

Yes! Apparently he is playing a rival hardman to Phil Mitchell. For years he was in those Flash adverts I thought he had given up doing another show. So will look forward to watching Eastenders to see him. :)