Options

The best final in years in my opinion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
For me, that was the best final in years. All 3 acts were great and it is such a diverse final 3 which made it so interesting.

Even though Fleur is my favourite (Has been since auditions) I thought all 3 of them brought it and I wouldn't have actually been too upset if she had gone as Andrea and Ben were both worthy of a place. I also think that all three of them will have quite successful careers and this is the first time in years that I have been excited for a final 2!!!!

(See, there are nice and considerate Fleur fans even though some think not lol) :p

Comments

• Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I agree actually. The only performance I didn't care for was Fleur's duet, but even then I thought she sounded great, just Labrinth let it down. Everything else was great.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree OP, I think it was a great final. All 3 upped their game and it made for really good viewing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree OP, I think it was a great final. All 3 upped their game and it made for really good viewing.

Absolutely. Andrea and Ben aren't really my cup of tea but I still thought they were both amazing tonight and I can see why they have a lot of fans.

I would like Fleur to win but I wouldn't mind Ben winning as I think both will have success either way.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst final I can remember. Only Andrea managed to sing in tune.

Sure, Fleur's hair looks great sticking out from amongst 30 dancers and Ben does that puppy-dog-eyed 'vulnerable sex god' look to camera he probably copied off George Clooney, but he's boring as f***. Is that really the extent of their talent?

Totally underwhelming and unless I'm really bored I'll doubt I'll bother tuning in tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish I could be as happy as the poster above. :)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the best, and one of the closest too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, the best, and one of the closest too.

I agree. I think the percentages will be really close!!!
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i actually like both for a change :)
  • Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for me one of the worst. No wow moments at all.

Remember beyonce with alexandra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccthIuJOi5A

stacey soloman with michael buble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0wd2zTO2g

joe mcelderry with george michael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeTeJz4WZsw

this years was so so dull compared to those. they were different class.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and think it was the most exciting and best final in years. I felt really sorry when Andrea left even though Fleur and Ben are so good too. I would have been sad whoever went tonight as they were all so good. I thought that Andrea showed what a nice and genuine person he is in the way he handled going, he was all smiles, so different to a lot of people being sent home.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a very forgettable final. It seemed everyone was going through the motions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only negative for me tonight was the woeful Meghan Trainor. :o
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    The only negative for me tonight was the woeful Meghan Trainor. :o

I forgot about that actually. She seemed extremely out of breath, no clue what all that was about. Maybe they shouldn't have had her walk to the stage. It's great that she's all about the bass or whatever, but if it's effecting her health to the point that she sounds like she's in danger of a stroke mid performance than perhaps she needs to rethink that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I forgot about that actually. She seemed extremely out of breath, no clue what all that was about. Maybe they shouldn't have had her walk to the stage. It's great that she's all about the bass or whatever, but if it's effecting her health to the point that she sounds like she's in danger of a stroke mid performance than perhaps she needs to rethink that...

Yes I know. I thought she was going to have an athsma attack on the stage. :o
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't as great as I thought it'd be if I'm honest, mostly because of the underwhelming duet guests, but it blew the last two (immensely dull) finals out of the water.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree actually. The only performance I didn't care for was Fleur's duet, but even then I thought she sounded great, just Labrinth let it down. Everything else was great.

Agree with this - Labrinth is an "interesting" live vocalist.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for me one of the worst. No wow moments at all.

Remember beyonce with alexandra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccthIuJOi5A

stacey soloman with michael buble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0wd2zTO2g

joe mcelderry with george michael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeTeJz4WZsw

this years was so so dull compared to those. they were different class.

There was no wow duet this year anything like those you have highlighted. However, I did enjoy Andrea's (not even a fan) with Ella. Together they were both the best singers. That said Ben was good, but you cannot excel vocally with that type of music. Fleur sounded better than Labrynth, which says it all really.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst one more like.
  • Options
    starlet16starlet16 Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I think it was a brilliant show can't wait for tonight it is going to be so close
  • Options
    TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was better than last year's and 2011. But it wasn't that great.
  • Options
    sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In production terms - Yes.

In singing terms - No.

Very much a style over substance final.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a very dull, underwhelming final. There wasn't one performance that I loved. Here's hoping tonight will be better.
  • Options
    Saint4805Saint4805 Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Best singer left yesterday due to excessive pimping of the other two. If Andrea was from London he'd still be in the competition.
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saint4805 wrote: »
    Best singer left yesterday due to excessive pimping of the other two. If Andrea was from London he'd still be in the competition.

I don think that was the case! I think the public just want something different in their winner this year tbh! Andrea would have been more suited to the voice IMO! He has a voice for the radio
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best two singers got to the final which is good. I think Bens voice is fairly unique in that he can sing ballads in a rock voice. Reminds me of a young Rod Stewart.