Comments

• alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Directions to the exit.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a McDonalds about once every few years - but when I go I always order the same. Big Mac, Fries and a strawberry milk shake.
  • freya1980freya1980 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Mcchicken sandwich chips & a coke...if I'm really piggin out an apple pie also :-)
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    1/4 pounder with cheese, fries and a coke followed by a doughnut. Fries go into the burger.

Had the McRib a couple of weeks ago. Horrible.

I had the McRib for the first time the other week and was pleasantly surprised.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Having recently gone vegan, probably nothing...

Maybe a Diet Coke or a black coffee?!
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    Having recently gone vegan, probably nothing...

Maybe a Diet Coke or a black coffee?!

I think the fries and spicy veggie wrap (without mayo) are vegan.

How are you finding being vegan?
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    I had the McRib for the first time the other week and was pleasantly surprised.

Mine was smothered in so much gloopy overly sweet sauce the meat was unidentifiable, it fell apart as soon as I tried to pick it up. Not impressed
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sausage and egg mcmuffin (with BBQ sauce to dip in) when hungover, works a treat

Apart from those and the odd McFlurry, I cant really think of anything else Ive had from there for years

I do always get tempted when they bring new burgers out, but I think KFC is my fast food of choice nowadays :p I probably only have one every couple of months tho
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of black coffee.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I think the fries and spicy veggie wrap (without mayo) are vegan.

How are you finding being vegan?

Good to know!

Yeah, the vegan thing is going ok. I maybe had an advantage - I used to be vegetarian for many years before going back to meat and I've always been allergic to dairy so removing certain things from my diet has been quite easy maybe compared to other people.

I find I'm actually cooking with ingredients more which is a good thing - you don't get so much vegan convenience food maybe so I'm definitely eating more fresh veg etc!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I try to avoid McDonalds unless it is a food emergency but their sausage and egg muffins really do hit the spot if you have a hangover.

Otherwise their Chicken Legend with salsa isn't that bad if forced to choose. I recently had a Big Mac (it was 2am and it was all they had left) for the first time in 20 years and I couldn't believe how small the "burgers" were.
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Ooh, the McRib - I do fancy trying that. Hope I get to McD before they stop doing them.
  • petral_galpetral_gal Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sausage, egg and cheese bagel. Lovely!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I do always get tempted when they bring new burgers out, but I think KFC is my fast food of choice nowadays :p I probably only have one every couple of months tho
    I don't go to McD enough to have a new burger a week for 4 weeks. Anyway, their a sad excuse for seasonal or themed specials.
    A different bun with a different type of lettuce. Great!
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I try to avoid McDonalds unless it is a food emergency but their sausage and egg muffins really do hit the spot if you have a hangover.

Otherwise their Chicken Legend with salsa isn't that bad if forced to choose. I recently had a Big Mac (it was 2am and it was all they had left) for the first time in 20 years and I couldn't believe how small the "burgers" were.
    BIB I agree.

Otherwise it is a 1/4lb with cheese with double pickles, but that is not very often. If I could just buy a tub of their pickles though, I'd be in there once a week.
  • DigifreakDigifreak Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Before 10.30 (Why can't it be 11 or 11.30???)

Pancakes and Sausage, Bacon Roll Meal with ketchup, English Muffin (not on the menu but they will make one if asked) and Diet Coke.

After 10.30

Large Big Mac Meal (no cheese, extra sauce), with Diet Coke (as if it makes all the difference!) 9 Nuggets and a hamburger.

I have been ordering a McRib, now it's back.

I would love if Macky D's served the Big Mac Sauce as a dip!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I haven't been for ages, but i like the Mcchciken meal ( with pepsi coke and chips) Its nice and mayoie :D)
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Digifreak wrote: »
    Before 10.30 (Why can't it be 11 or 11.30???)

Pancakes and Sausage, Bacon Roll Meal with ketchup, English Muffin (not on the menu but they will make one if asked) and Diet Coke.

After 10.30

Large Big Mac Meal (no cheese, extra sauce), with Diet Coke (as if it makes all the difference!) 9 Nuggets and a hamburger.

I have been ordering a McRib, now it's back.

I would love if Macky D's served the Big Mac Sauce as a dip!

It's popular with the teens that are my daughter's peers. I like the sour cream and chive dip, and don't mind paying 20p for it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Today I had a sausage and egg mcmuffin.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We usually go to McD's after football as its a quick meal before catching the train home.

Used to have a large Big Tasty meal with strawberry milkshake. Very nice but trying to lose weight now so it's either a Filet o Fish meal or Chicken and Chill wrap meal with white coffee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We usually go to McD's after football as its a quick meal before catching the train home.

Used to have a large Big Tasty meal with strawberry milkshake. Very nice but trying to lose weight now so it's either a Filet o Fish meal or Chicken and Chill wrap meal with white coffee.

Why not avoid McDonald's fullstop if you're serious about losing weight?
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not avoid McDonald's fullstop if you're serious about losing weight?

People can still have the occasional treat whilst dieting, for heavens sake.
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I'm a vegetarian so I'm pretty limited but if I go for breakfast it's an egg and cheese snack wrap, 2 hash browns and an orange juice. If it's later in the day a spicy veggie deli meal with a coke. Years ago they used to do the nicest veggie burgers but then they disappeared in favour of quorn and then the spicy veggie ones. I wish they'd bring the original ones back though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    People can still have the occasional treat whilst dieting, for heavens sake.

Yes I am aware of this.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I am aware of this.

So why are you telling someone to lay off them completely?