Options

Given the chance would Dean like to have Mick's life given the opportunity?

tullochstullochs Posts: 947
Forum Member
✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most probably. Before he attacked Linda, his whole body language showed a sense of urgency to belong somewhere, after being ditched by Shirley so many times. Perhaps to the point of envy where Mick had this picture perfect Walton type family.

If Kevin and Pat were still around, Dean might have turned out very differently. He is still affectionate to Denise and I've always thought that she was a much better mother to him than Shirley ever was. Pat was like a grandma or great aunt. If he stayed in Walford after his release from prison and decided to live with either Pat or the Foxes, his life might have gained a degree of stability.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think definitely
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know who is worse, if I'm completely honest. Dean the rapist, or Mick the convicted whoremongerer. Hopefully they'll end up sharing a cell.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All Dean has ever wanted is to be loved and that was shown in 1.0 and is still shown in 2.0. Matt's said on a lot of occasions that Dean wants to be Mick so I think it's probably what Matt's thinking of when he's playing such scenes.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    tullochs wrote: »
    What do you think?

Yes i think he probably would.

Dean isn't seeing the bad years Mick had as a child, he's not seeing the very loving family he had with Kevin, Carly and Jimbo) even though having a very poorly, terminaLly sick brother must have been hard) - he is just seeing that Mick has a Dad that lones him, 2 sisters that love him, an adoring wifee from when he was a teenager and 3 great kids and a business. Pluss he can take care of himself.

Certainly some wanting to be him in there.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes i think he probably would.

Dean isn't seeing the bad years Mick had as a child, he's not seeing the very loving family he had with Kevin, Carly and Jimbo) even though having a very poorly, terminaLly sick brother must have been hard) - he is just seeing that Mick has a Dad that lones him, 2 sisters that love him, an adoring wifee from when he was a teenager and 3 great kids and a business. Pluss he can take care of himself.

Certainly some wanting to be him in there.
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    All Dean has ever wanted is to be loved and that was shown in 1.0 and is still shown in 2.0. Matt's said on a lot of occasions that Dean wants to be Mick so I think it's probably what Matt's thinking of when he's playing such scenes.
    Most probably. Before he attacked Linda, his whole body language showed a sense of urgency to belong somewhere, after being ditched by Shirley so many times. Perhaps to the point of envy where Mick had this picture perfect Walton type family.

If Kevin and Pat were still around, Dean might have turned out very differently. He is still affectionate to Denise and I've always thought that she was a much better mother to him than Shirley ever was. Pat was like a grandma or great aunt. If he stayed in Walford after his release from prison and decided to live with either Pat or the Foxes, his life might have gained a degree of stability.

I agree.