Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,640
    Forum Member
    Have I Got PPI?

No I haven't, now PISS OFF! >:(
    LOL -When I think how much time the sales lady stayed on the phone trying to sell me PPI. :o She just would not accept my 'not interested'. I gave up & put the phone down. I was so right. ;-)
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    Just seen another one, the new cordless Vax....that makes out those of us who use a corded vacuum cleaner are making a rod for out own backs and living in the Stone Age. Grrr

I have the Dyson and I love it. :)
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The DFS winter sale is coming to an end, and the Spring sale is soon starting.
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was Colin and married to that nagging witch from the Warner Leisure Hotels adverts, she'd have been dead long ago.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    The Malteser ad with the 2 women mucking about with cupcakes!
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the Valentine's Day meal deal ads with steak. Steak seems to be going cheap this year! Steak and potatoes must be major aphrodisiacs!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFC ads just get worse and worse especially now they're desperately trying to shake off the 'chav' image.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HATE the Barclays advert with "teaching your kids code"....Boring...annoying and above all patronizing to the hilt...trying to make you feel guilty for not enrolling your kid on this shitty course!!

Also, just come across the Shreddies advert with the grannies with the song "This is how we do it" or whatever it's called...when are Shreddies going to axe the whole old women knitting the shreddies, does my bloody head in

How dare they try to encourage education? my kids are going to be lazy simpletons who just stuff their faces in front of the TV all day with no hope or future
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    lectrospin wrote: »
    How dare they try to encourage education? my kids are going to be lazy simpletons who just stuff their faces in front of the TV all day with no hope or future
    Lol, like Barclays give a toss about education - they're in the business of making money and just tug at the heartstrings so you deposit all your cash in one of their bank accounts and make a heap of dosh with it while paying you sod all interest:D

Besides, coding is easy: Software Engineering is hard. So they'll probably end up teaching kids Python, or PHP, or whatever language is in vogue, but I doubt they teach them how to put it all together and maybe innovate themselves
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    'Dulcolax; predictable, overnight relief'

Erm, you kind of made it sound like your product makes you shit the bed :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    The Malteser ad with the 2 women mucking about with cupcakes!

Aroogah! Ah-ROOUUGER!

God it makes me want to smash my TV up. Perhaps we could set up a petition to get it banned :D

Ænima, maybe that's because it does :o
  • Options
    steves lasssteves lass Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Pick TV in the small hours.
    No-No
    Magic Minerals
    Tone Tee
    Constant repeats of the top 10 movies!

Note to self - Go to bed earlier!!
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That effing advert with that awful Kylie Minogue song.

This one — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpuHHCrajrE

That howling, whining voice, terrible song, terrible advert
    I, yiyiyiyiyiyiyiy believe in yewewewewew and I, yiyiyiyiyiyiyiy believe in yewewewewew, dew wew wew dew wer wew wew>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Theres a growing amount of adverts using this generic whistling music in the ad. I can't remember the adverts out of the top of my head but I think IKEA and various furniture shops use this music in their ads.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    Just when you think it's safe to watch, the dreaded Specsaver ads re-appear.

I've just seen the one where the stupid shepherd shears his sheepdog. >:( >:(

Don't they ever make any new ones. We'll have the two awful duffers wittering about "What sort of cheese was that" again. >:( >:(

Come on, Specsavers. Make some new ads. Don't be so shortsighted ;-)
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HATE the Barclays advert with "teaching your kids code"....Boring...annoying and above all patronizing to the hilt...trying to make you feel guilty for not enrolling your kid on this shitty course!!

Also, just come across the Shreddies advert with the grannies with the song "This is how we do it" or whatever it's called...when are Shreddies going to axe the whole old women knitting the shreddies, does my bloody head in

Completely agree about those Barclays adverts they are the worst adverts by far at the moment. Load of rubbish and incredibly annoying also they are on constantly, the recent ones are as bad as those ridiculous and patronising life skills ads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    ............. while paying you sod all interest:D
    Besides, coding is easy: Software Engineering is hard. So they'll probably end up teaching kids Python, or PHP, or whatever language is in vogue, but I doubt they teach them how to put it all together and maybe innovate themselves

void reply(string response) {

string reply = "agreed! - also some of these kids will just end up in 21st century sweatshops churning out printer drivers";

if (response == "but it's a secure job") {
    cout << "maybe not in the future" ;}
    else {
    cout << "be a plumber or electrician instead - there's a huge shortage"; }
    return(0);
    }
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Return of the Cow & Gate nails-down-a-blackboard giggling babies advert. Grrr!

Plus - a perfume ad with Hendrix's 'All Along The Watchtower'? - **** no! Who authorised this?!?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Indian Summers advert has put me off it with the sound bites 'Told you I'd look after you.' and 'Slaves of Empire'.

Sounds so forced.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Indian Summers advert has put me off it with the sound bites 'Told you I'd look after you.' and 'Slaves of Empire'.

Sounds so forced.

"Sloives of Empoire!"....I won't watch any of it after hearing Julie Walters screaming that out loud, so many times!
  • Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member

Is that the one where a little girl talks about moon walking in the most ridiculous child's voice I've ever heard?!
    It literally makes me cringe, and if I can, I hit the mute button before I have to hear her!
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was watching the TV and an advert came on for an over cleaner product, and don't ask me why, but suddenly I remember that there was an advert a few years back that was the most sexist TV advert since the 70's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y4nTpBrgAA

Amazingly this got 673 complaints to the ASA (and I believe it was the most complained about ad of 2009), who claimed it was light hearted and could continue to be aired.

What are the chances that if the roles were reversed but still advertising Oven Pride cleaner, would the ASA have said 'calm down its all a bit of fun'?
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money supermarket, with that bloke poncing about in heels.
    Dreadful.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherylFan wrote: »
    Money supermarket, with that bloke poncing about in heels.
    Dreadful.

The Osbourn woman with her grinning face makes it even worse.
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aroogah! Ah-ROOUUGER!

God it makes me want to smash my TV up. Perhaps we could set up a petition to get it banned :D

Ænima, maybe that's because it does :o

I cannot express how much I hate the sound that woman makes when she is doing the eyes thing.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    I cannot express how much I hate the sound that woman makes when she is doing the eyes thing.

Same here..........>:(>:(
This discussion has been closed.