Options

Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Facebook is dead these days for my ages apart from the odd post.

I find it really weird how people post pictures of their kids and what they are up to. Who gives a ^*_)(*. Sure its nice that your children are well, but its not relevant to me.

Plus you don't know who is looking at them.

What do you mean? It's just pictures of kids... what on earth do you think will happen just by someone 'looking' at them?

If it bothered people that much then set your privacy settings to friends only, and then guess what... only friends can see them.
    I really don't get this hysteria over pictures of children being on the internet?
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'just had some realy exciting news today!' - and then they don't tell you what it was. :(
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    That couple. I feel physically sick. They sound like right pair of simpletons.

They really are.

Every single post is utterly cringe worthy. All 'love you I do'...'me too my heaven on earth'.

Who does that? Why would anyone feel the need to put every tiny thing on Facebook?

The other day one put that her Brian was working overtime. Cue a few 'who's Brian' joking replies. Even then she didn't get it and replied 'my Brian'. She didn't even grasp it when people pointed out she probably meant brain.

That's a level of dimness I can't comprehend.
  • Options
    ScPDScPD Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    You're making me glad I don't do FB
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So presumably you're 'friends' with people who you don't really know or care about. If they're not your actual friends, delete them. If they post annoying statuses, delete them. If their posts are not relevant to you, delete them.

It really is that simple!!

Not really, I've mates on there who I'm friends with in "real life". I know and care about them but I don't really give a crap about what their kids have been up to. Then again, it's the same in real life, come for a drink with me and talk about TV, football, music, food, drink, pretty much anything but not your kids, I'm really not interested. I can't stand baby bores (and I've got a child myself before anyone says anything).
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I have temporarily deactivated my account to avoid all the Valentines day shit. :D Will reactivate in a couple of days because there are aspects of the site I do like. For example I am part of a lot of local history groups and love the photos and discussions which arise.

I hate all the boasting and bragging about how wonderful folks' lives are and how they have the best partner/kids/family etc.

Why bother deactivating it, why not just not go on facebook for a few days? I've seen a few people do/say similar and I've always wondered.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean? It's just pictures of kids... what on earth do you think will happen just by someone 'looking' at them?

If it bothered people that much then set your privacy settings to friends only, and then guess what... only friends can see them.
    I really don't get this hysteria over pictures of children being on the internet?

Then you do not understand the internet.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who post things but never reply to others posts-as if they are too busy or impoant to find time for that

also people like this

" the cats died lol "
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    There's this one girl who I used to go to school with and it seems EVERY conversation she has with her 'wifey' has to be conducted via Facebook.

She'll post a picture of some really rank looking food with a comment 'my lovely dinner of my babe. Thanks babe love you'

Then the 'wifey' replies 'glad you liked it babe'

Then we get an entire conversation 'I did thanks mmmmm'....'I've got us cakes for afters'....'ah thanks I love you I do' They're obviously say right effing next to each other. Why not just say 'thanks' to her.

Also lots of pictures of them in matching Disney pyjamas and every time they buy each other a present it must be photographed and posted. Or if they set foot outside the house there must be pictures of their adventure. And every morning were told how they're all snug in bed having cuddled etc etc.

They have also now started posting pictures of themselves in bed declaring they've just 'made love' cue more conversation about 'mmmmm sexy timez'. I put her on my ignore list when she declared how much she loved 'going down' on her wifey. To which her dad replied 'I didn't need to know that', did she remove the comment or apologise for this TMI post. No she put 'lol, sorry I like to share. Love you I do babe mmmmm'.

They make me cringe. Who is it that they're trying to convince that they're 'so in love'.

I'm also sick to the back teeth of baby bores. Yes you've just had a child and want to document the child's progress but is there a need to post several pictures every single day of your 'little solja' or 'little princess' stating their age next to a picture of them a week ago with 'so big now. Time goez so fast'.

Lol :) they will be split up this time next year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    The local tart has spilt up with her boyfriend (local drug dealer*) and her recently single post has over 90 likes and comments from guys trying to get off with her.

It's not so much a post as a "I've lost a little bit of faith in people" observation.

*ive never bought any drugs from him but due to their constant posting of drugs....you'd think.
  • Options
    Larry_KirstenLarry_Kirsten Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Then you do not understand the internet.

Oh I do, but please explain why a picture of a child being looked at on facebook is a problem.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I do, but please explain why a picture of a child being looked at on facebook is a problem.

Its not a problem in its self, but some people do not set the pictures to private, so they can be seen by anyone on Facebook and anyone outside of it.

Its unlikely they would be downloaded by dodgy people, but its possible and its been known that groups go about downloading all these images to large databases for their use.

I personally would not want others having pictures of my children. Simple as that. Why people feel the need to paste Facebook with them is beyond me.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    I've not saw this and I hope to god I don't. Unfortunately I have a few friends who often post these viruses. Ingrown hairs, massive spots etc so I'm sure it will show up soon. Ughhhh I really hope I don't see this.

Honestly, if you have trypophobia it is stomach churning. I can read or watch creepy psychological horrors, full on gorefests, watch surgery on TV but clusters of holes/lumps make me feel sick and itchy and scratchy and I have an overwhelming urge to smoosh it so it doesn't look like that. Lotus seed pods are a huge trigger so photoshopping one onto skin is pretty much your worst nightmare.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Honestly, if you have trypophobia it is stomach churning. I can read or watch creepy psychological horrors, full on gorefests, watch surgery on TV but clusters of holes/lumps make me feel sick and itchy and scratchy and I have an overwhelming urge to smoosh it so it doesn't look like that. Lotus seed pods are a huge trigger so photoshopping one onto skin is pretty much your worst nightmare.

I've got tyrophobia, and even pictures of holes makes me feel like I'm going to throw up my lunch.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a girl on my facebook feed this evening who's made a long rant at someone who's on benefits using their JSA to buy drink and drugs and her last comment said and I quote: "I'll probably have to go onto income support after my maternity leave if I don't go back to work. Child care is very expensive so I get it"

So she's going to be claiming benefits once her maternity ends if she doesn't go back to work. This is a girl who's had three kids by three different men and is having another one as we speak!
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My female friend from school is having a hysterectomy this week.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm the same. Just thinking about it makes me itchy and irritable. I don't even know what a lotus seed pod looks like and I don't want to so hope I never never see this. I always thought I was weird before I heard of trypophobia (scratching while I write the word). Didn't actually realise it was a 'thing' until I read about it on here a few months back.

Anyway moving on from that *shudders*. There seems to be a new craze where you post a selfie and then nominate 20 beautiful women to do the same. I never get nominated for any of these things I better no bloody get nominated for this one :mad::D. Not that I would do them anyway I'm sort of silent on Facebook I never update my status or anything.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahem.
    Little f**king sl*ts that don't realize there biggest downfall In life is themselves people who actually gave a fuk abt you have now distanced themselves because your newt but a ticking timebomb when will you ever realize your so disrespectful to those who care the most so Uno what you live ur life getting twisted an sh*gging dirty old men if that's what you can call life but remember this how the fuk can you expect people to respect you when you don't even respect yourself
    An unlike u tryna hide ur sh*t slagging me off this is directed at u [tagged name] an only u !!

Hopefully I didn't miss any words needing to be censored!
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    There's a girl on my facebook feed this evening who's made a long rant at someone who's on benefits using their JSA to buy drink and drugs and her last comment said and I quote: "I'll probably have to go onto income support after my maternity leave if I don't go back to work. Child care is very expensive so I get it"

So she's going to be claiming benefits once her maternity ends if she doesn't go back to work. This is a girl who's had three kids by three different men and is having another one as we speak!

by a 4th man?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member

Oh gosh, I have that and those pictures just make me physically cringe, it's like I'm trying to fold in on myself. Urgh. Seeds in peppers and butternut squash do it to me when they are all clustered together *shudder*
  • Options
    LoolabelleLoolabelle Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on my feed has been complaining every couple of hours for the last three days about her terrible migrain and how nothing seems to help. Oh the irony .....
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw yesterday one of those girls who bought a homeless man a meal in MCDonalds, then posted pics with him and its went viral. The girl is now some minor internet celebrity with thousands rushing up to friend her.
    I dont have a problem with her charitable act, but why do you need to let everyone know youve done it? ARGH
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Vixcamp wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I have that and those pictures just make me physically cringe, it's like I'm trying to fold in on myself. Urgh. Seeds in peppers and butternut squash do it to me when they are all clustered together *shudder*

Yep. It's a horrible crawly sensation.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw yesterday one of those girls who bought a homeless man a meal in MCDonalds, then posted pics with him and its went viral. The girl is now some minor internet celebrity with thousands rushing up to friend her.
    I dont have a problem with her charitable act, but why do you need to let everyone know youve done it? ARGH

Treat someone to a meal = nice, philanthropic, altruistic act
    Parade the fact that you treated someone to a meal = a cynical display of ostentatiousness

Acknowledge that someone treated someone to a meal by 'liking' their Facebook post = good
    Send friend request to a complete stranger just because she treated someone to a meal = utterly bizarre and smacks of desperation!
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treat someone to a meal = nice, philanthropic, altruistic act
    Parade the fact that you treated someone to a meal = a cynical display of ostentatiousness

Acknowledge that someone treated someone to a meal by 'liking' their Facebook post = good
    Send friend request to a complete stranger just because she treated someone to a meal = utterly bizarre and smacks of desperation!

I am currently going through hundreds of messages and friend requests (I will get around to you all, I promise). I am overwhelmed by the response. What initially was supposed to be between my friends, turned public, and viral over night. Although I do believe that this is a blessing in disguise, as it has raised awareness. Not only to ex service on the streets, but also homeless people we tend to walk past. I hope now, from reading my experience, you have a second thought whenever you pass. Even if it is to say Hello.
    I have a large volume of messages regarding charities. At present, there are numerous people and charities involved. I do not want to have an overload of charities as that will ultimately waste precious resources. I am also getting numerous requests for interviews from newspapers. At the current time, I do not feel right to give an interview. Those who know me, know that I keep myself to myself, and I am quite timid. I am all for raising awareness, if it is for charities or current situations our society is facing, but maybe when it has died down a little.
    Furthermore, I am getting messages about a Go Fund Me page, I do not feel comfortable handling money, or managing a site where money is being given. I feel it is much more positive to give back to charity wherever possible. I believe Once, We Were Soldiers will help thousands more people off the streets. Although, I must stress that there is no pressure to donate by the JustGiving page which is where the money raised will go directly to them. They are most worth a 'like' on their Facebook page and links are provided below.
    Above all, I am just an ordinary person. I am quite boring really. I just live by two beliefs: Treat people how you expect to be treated and give to those who are less fortunate than you. I believe we all have this caring ability inside us, and I think it is time to start showing it more. Thanks x