Jason Donovan on ITT

13»

Comments

• lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KipsKaz wrote: »
    The running order is based on the routines pure and simple. They start with a relatively strong one and try to end with a memorable one, which is why Russell got most of the last slots (same with Ann last year). The producers obviously thought that Jason & Kristina's jive was going to be something special, hence they put them on at the end last week.

I don't get this 'Jason is desperate and wants to win' thing at all. He comes across as a bit serious but I actually think he's the most realistic of the celebs so far in accepting it's all down to the public and who knows what might happen! Still I guess people see what they want to see.

Totally agree with all of the above!
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't too keen on Jason at first but am getting to like him now he is more relaxed about things. He is obviously working really hard but he doesn't seem to take himself so seriously now and is more likable. I appreciate the celebs who put a lot of work into their training rather than the ones who put in minimum effort.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got the wrong one. Kristina and Kylie together............................. :)
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him. He's gone through his wild youth and seems to have become a really nice bloke. Some people don't like nice'. I do. Not 'twee' but nice. Not sure who I want to win but I wouldn't be disappointed if he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    SheShe wrote: »
    [/B]

I agree. He comes across as realistic and very hard-working to me. I really like him and his partnership with Kristina.

you know I have read through this thread and most people have not said thy dont like Jason they have however said they dont enjoy his style of dance

you seem to be answering points that people are not making rather than discussing the points that people are making

Strange:confused:
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I know I might be in the minority but I still dont like him.However if Chelsee doesnt win , I would like him to win this competition with Kristina:).
    Balthus wrote: »
    He comes across as desperate to win. I find his interviews boring and his performances are always "dancing by numbers" with no flair or finesse. I would be gutted if he won.
    petertard wrote: »
    He is so earnest, earnest, earnest...to the extent people will question his sincerity.
    I think Jason was a fan of the Record Breakers theme tune, except he replaced 'dedication' with 'desperation'
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Jason is a hypnotic. Take two before bedtime.
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I know I should like him on Strictly, I was a big fan back in the day, saw him in concert in 1989! And I really liked him in the jungle...but I just cannot warm to him in Strictly. I know he tries really hard but his gurning face during fast routines puts me off and he bores me on ITT.
    jackbell wrote: »
    He's always had that very earnest personality. Everything he does looks laboured and it's just (for me) off putting.

And shave your chest for godsake.
    shefair wrote: »
    you know I have read through this thread and most people have not said thy dont like Jason they have however said they dont enjoy his style of dance

you seem to be answering points that people are not making rather than discussing the points that people are making

Strange:confused:

On the contrary, I think the poster is answering points on topic, made about Jason's personality rather than his ability.
    as you can see from those quoted there are very little in the way of comments about his dancing, and by the looks of it many apparently have said they dont like Jason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Has anybody won Strictly Come Dancing with a hairy chest? I think we should be told.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Has anybody won Strictly Come Dancing with a hairy chest? I think we should be told.

Alesha?
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    On the contrary, I think the poster is answering points on topic, made about Jason's personality rather than his ability.
    as you can see from those quoted there are very little in the way of comments about his dancing, and by the looks of it many apparently have said they dont like Jason.
    And many others do like him - me being one of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »

Thanks, Pices! It certainly seems to me that most posters have an issue with Jason's personality; I've seen him described as dull, boring, too earnest, too slow-speaking, too desperate to win - I could go on.

I don't find him any of those things; he seems really affable to me and, from what I've seen, popular with the other celebs.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Pices! It certainly seems to me that most posters have an issue with Jason's personality; I've seen him described as dull, boring, too earnest, too slow-speaking, too desperate to win - I could go on.

I don't find him any of those things; he seems really affable to me and, from what I've seen, popular with the other celebs.

Jason is a very earnest type of guy, but he is funny and kind and gets along with everyone, he is just serious about anything which he takes on and works his socks off to do his very best.
    To me that is a cause to admire him, he is not a naturally gifted dancer, therefore he has to work hard to get to where he is now...which I believe to be one of the best from this series, I only put him behind Chelsee in ability.....Harry is a lovely fella too but lets be honest he does not light up the atmosphere with his personality either, plus his dancing is all about posing and getting his shirt off.
    I am hoping Jason will win, if not then Chelsee, I also believe that Jason has a lot of support in the wider SCD audience, its not obvious on the forum but everyone I speak to seems to be routing for him.:)
  • Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Donovan is unfortunately in love with himself too much to actually take notice of anything else in the competition. Everytime you see a clip of someone from the Strictly team being spoken to he has to stick his head behind every camera shot. I have never seen someone on screen who loves themselves so much its sickening. You listen to his radio show on Heart, every time he talks its about himself. Jason, do us all a favour... shut up, stop acting big headed when you get good scores and get angry when you get bad scores and get voted off... do us all a favour, especially the thousands of TV screens in the UK.

End of rant. :)
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

I agree. He comes across as realistic and very hard-working to me. I really like him and his partnership with Kristina.

I'm a big Jason and Kristina fan, I hope they do well on the show tonight.
  • LucytashLucytash Posts: 5,897
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »
    He comes across as desperate to win. I find his interviews boring and his performances are always "dancing by numbers" with no flair or finesse. I would be gutted if he won.

Me too. can't stnd his desperation