Abbey Clancy and Aljaz Skorjanec Appreciation Thread

KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since they don't have one yet.

Beautiful couple, and a great dance to start off with. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a real surprise for me and I really liked it. It's clear she's going to be great in the ballroom (especially slower ballroom) dances. I do hope she performs in the latin too.
  • snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yey! Thanks for the thread KitKat.

Yes they are a stunning couple and they move so well together, you just know they are going to be great. I got Abbey all wrong, I always had the impression she was pretty full of herself but she seems like a very down to earth, self depreciating kind of girl.

I'm v excited for next week.:D:D
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came up earlier to say 'grats' to her fanbase and was so disappointed she didn't have her own App thread.

Very likeable girl who listens in class. She was splendid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    That was beautifully danced, Aljaz did some great choreography there, Abbey did very well, she was the surprise of the night. She got the emotion of the dance, which made all the difference to the performance and the song choice and outfits combined.
  • Mrs McKovalevMrs McKovalev Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Yey! Thanks for the thread KitKat.

Yes they are a stunning couple and they move so well together, you just know they are going to be great. I got Abbey all wrong, I always had the impression she was pretty full of herself but she seems like a very down to earth, self depreciating kind of girl.

I'm v excited for next week.:D:D

Ive heard Abby being interviewed a couple of times and she really is just a working class lass from Liverpool! No airs and graces at all, very true to herself and her roots!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive heard Abby being interviewed a couple of times and she really is just a working class lass from Liverpool! No airs and graces at all, very true to herself and her roots!

Yes Mrs McKovalev she seems lovely, I never really saw her speak before, just read about her in the press etc. I like being suprised by people! That dance was really breathtaking for a first dance and the fact that she has no dance experience at all makes it even better :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to support Abbey of all the girls which is weird because I thought I would have warmed to Rachel a bit more
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't picked a favourite yet - but this waltz was beautiful and deserving of a high score.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member

I heard her on Radio 1 the other day and she came across brilliantly and was so funny :D She was a bit of a hit with the listeners as I saw loads of tweets saying how good she was.

Absolutely loved their waltz tonight and definitely the best dance of week .... I'm glad I put a tenner on her to win yesterday ;):D
  • Mrs McKovalevMrs McKovalev Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Loverach wrote: »
    I think I'm going to support Abbey of all the girls which is weird because I thought I would have warmed to Rachel a bit more

bib, I agree I think she is lovely but I was such a huge pasherley fan last year that I think I'm going to find it hard to see past that. Obviously my loyalties are to pasha and partner but aljaz and Abby are a close second :D
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Really surprised by such a lovely lovely first dance from Abbey and definitely best dance of the week.. Aljaz seems to be a really good choreographer... definitely worked to her strengths.. :)
    Now bring on the latin!! I have a feeling she will be a natural ... ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I heard her on Radio 1 the other day and she came across brilliantly and was so funny :D She was a bit of a hit with the listeners as I saw loads of tweets saying how good she was.

Absolutely loved their waltz tonight and definitely the best dance of week .... I'm glad I put a tenner on her to win yesterday ;):D

TBH I've never seen her come across badly. I watched a clip of a show where she tried to make it modelling in America being coached by Janice Dickinson. She was extremely real and I really wanted her to make it. I don't think she did but Janice didn't help. Their personalities didn't match. As much as I like Janice she can appear quite fake whereas Abbey is very real and that showed this evening too and good on her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib, I agree I think she is lovely but I was such a huge pasherley fan last year that I think I'm going to find it hard to see past that. Obviously my loyalties are to pasha and partner but aljaz and Abby are a close second :D

I agree with everything you said here :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I tried to do that last year as I loved Chelsee with Pasha but I really didn't like Kimberley and I vouched for Dani and Vincent or "Dancent" as I named them
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful dance and she works hard and LISTENS. She comes across very well and they both look like they have fun as well as working. I hope A and A have a great run.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We can love different people for different reasons and divided loyalties shouldn't evoke guilt. :)
    Loverach wrote: »
    I tried to do that last year as I loved Chelsee with Pasha but I really didn't like Kimberley and I vouched for Dani and Vincent or "Dancent" as I named them

Yes, it's difficult if we like one person and not his partner but I tend to see that as all the more reason to support someone. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's difficult if we like one person and not his partner but I tend to see that as all the more reason to support someone. :)

I will say that my favourite dance last year was Kimberley and Pasha's Charleston to Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines. I absolutely LOVE the song now too - always known to cheer me up
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clip is up at the Strictly page - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hpvnl

It was even better second time around :)

ETA: Thanks for linking those pics Karma Ardent, that first one is just breath-taking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    The clip is up at the Strictly page - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hpvnl

It was even better second time around :)

ETA: Thanks for linking those pics Karma Ardent, that first one is just breath-taking.

Thanks for the link Smokey I was just coming to see if it was on here :)

BIB Or the third or fourth time, not very often I rewatch dances but this has a certain something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really impressed with their first dance, the chemistry between them is great! I'm very intrigued to see their Latin.
    At the moment, Abbey and Natalie are the front runners for me, and I have high hopes for both of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    They were, as Craig said - gorgeous. Abbey was very elegant, and the chemistry between them was very strong. Think they'll kill the rumba.

Also I warmed to Abbey as a person - so sweet that she brought her nana!
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love, love , love these 2 :). I was pleasantly surprised by their dance.
    Hope they stick around for a while and that the GBP public give Abby a chance.
  • fairblokefairbloke Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    It's already plainly obvious there's definite chemistry between these two.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    For online voting you will have to register with BBC. One vote per account online... ;):D
    Here's the link... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Vote-Strictly