hereford united wound up

mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
Forum Member
a sad day

Comments

• Nick GNick G Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten years ago I remember stumbling across a live conference game and seeing the score Dagenham and Redbridge 0 Hereford United 9.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has angered them?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Probably having no money
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    What has angered them?

A joke aimed at a club with huge tradition who have gone bust. Nice one.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has angered them?
    A joke aimed at a club with huge tradition who have gone bust. Nice one.

Come on walter, it's only a joke and as a football fan I did find it funny, a lot of people find comedy in the slightest of things, it's about coping or dealing with it differently, it's a very sad day that yet another club has gone bust. I have a few good memories of Hereford , I few years back we went on a tour of none league clubs (well a say a tour we went to about 4 clubs) and the nest and moratorium friendlies club we went to was Hereford, they saw us outside the stadium taking pics and invited us in. They had a player and I forget his name but it may have been Paul Clark? Any way he was a handyman as well as a player but the offered us cups of tea and they showed us round the stadium.

Nice club and ran by good people.

After going to the club I started to manage Hereford when playing football manager and I remember once winning the fa cup with them and I was in the championship lol. I remember in my team I had a 38 year old wayne rooney playing up front.
  • Sam_Clarke1Sam_Clarke1 Posts: 3,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been a good year for the area with the racecourse also shutting down

Good Luck to Hereford and hope they can re-start with a different set-up
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on walter, it's only a joke and as a football fan I did find it funny, a lot of people find comedy in the slightest of things, it's about coping or dealing with it differently, it's a very sad day that yet another club has gone bust. I have a few good memories of Hereford , I few years back we went on a tour of none league clubs (well a say a tour we went to about 4 clubs) and the nest and moratorium friendlies club we went to was Hereford, they saw us outside the stadium taking pics and invited us in. They had a player and I forget his name but it may have been Paul Clark? Any way he was a handyman as well as a player but the offered us cups of tea and they showed us round the stadium.

Nice club and ran by good people.

After going to the club I started to manage Hereford when playing football manager and I remember once winning the fa cup with them and I was in the championship lol. I remember in my team I had a 38 year old wayne rooney playing up front.

Are you batdude in disguise?
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you batdude in disguise?

Yikes I've been rumbled.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes I've been rumbled.

You do have eerily similar posting styles. Even your reply was batdude-esque.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    In my part of the world, there are many fans of a blue and white striped persuasion who may have cause to think that but for a goal by Robbie Reinelt at Edgar Street in 1997, it could be Brighton and Hove Albion who find themselves in Hereford's position. Hopefully Hereford can reform and go on to re-establish themselves just as the likes of Aldershot and Chester have managed to do.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was sad just when they departed the league as they are a club with great tradition and that part of the country is not littered with decent clubs, so losing them completely is even more disappointing.

Hopefully they can follow Halifax, Maidstone, Scarborough, Darlington etc in getting another club together but as some of those have shown, it's easier said than done and you lose a lot of years making your way back through the pyramid.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not been a good year for the area with the racecourse also shutting down

Good Luck to Hereford and hope they can re-start with a different set-up

I don't know if it's accurate or not but I heard on the radio the other day that many fans are supposedly glad this has happened so they can indeed re-start. Apparently they hated the owners and are and pleased to be rid of them so they can start afresh.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad when this happens to any club.

As has been said, for the fans I hope they do re-start again.