stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New cast joining the show including Eve Myles
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to see Arnor Dan is doing music for this series too.
    Last time was haunting.
    Maybe he'll get another Bafta.
  • Options
    blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I am really looking forward to this ! Better programmes on AFTER Christmas in my opinion.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as the autumn schedule was a damp squib, maybe January will offer something worthwhile. Broadchurch being the obvious one.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really excited for this! :)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will i need to have watched the first series to watch this or is it a stand alone series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will i need to have watched the first series to watch this or is it a stand alone series

You need to know the back ground of what happened last series but I wouldnt have thought you would need to watch it as long as you know the key points of the last series
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you probably would have to, but because of their secrecy it's hard to tell.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    time for a binge then
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I've been looking forward to this for ages. I'm just assuming there is no whodunnit this series and just an aftermath of the first series.
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it to do with the girls who David Tennant's character kept having flashbacks about? Didn't he make an error of judgement and they died? There were several comments about it in the first series.
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    I've been looking forward to this for ages. I'm just assuming there is no whodunnit this series and just an aftermath of the first series.

Well that would be fun - snail-paced and maudlin hand-wringing.

There will be a 'whodunnit'. But maybe a cold case as has been alluded to already.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    You need to know the back ground of what happened last series but I wouldnt have thought you would need to watch it as long as you know the key points of the last series

I'm going to be watching this series even though I didn't watch the first. I have read a summary of the first series so I know roughly what happened.
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it to do with the girls who David Tennant's character kept having flashbacks about? Didn't he make an error of judgement and they died? There were several comments about it in the first series.

yes, Im hoping the flashbacks to him as a small boy on the beach will be something to do with season 2. Potential mystery there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broadchurch is being advertised on channel 4 this morning during Sunday Brunch
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broadchurch is being advertised on channel 4 this morning during Sunday Brunch

Saw that as well, used to be more common to trail ITV programmes on Channel 4 but can't remember the last time it was done.
  • Options
    lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can find the key points? I started to watch the first series but lost interest halfway through so I don't really want to watch it all again. Hoping the second series will be better for me.
  • Options
    Hollyoaks_Fan2Hollyoaks_Fan2 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where you can watch the first lot of episodes can't buy
  • Options
    JayneWJayneW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV have produced a recap video here, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWlR-0xQnA
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it although I'm apprehensive that it won't be as good as first series.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First series was absolutlely fantastic, really gripping stuff. Hoping for more of the same with season 2.
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it every Monday or shown on consecutive days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elfcurry wrote: »
    Is it every Monday or shown on consecutive days?

Every Monday at 9pm on ITV/STV/UTV NI

Also in Ireland on TV3 at 10pm Monday
  • Options
    elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long now! I am very interested to see how they're going to do it this series.