Options

Bad language

dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't know about everyone else, but I am not enjoying the constant swearing. I admit to doing my fair share of swearing, but fortunately I am able to string many sentences together without using the F word and also know when not to swear. So many of them seem unable to speak a sentence without at least one swear word, I may be old fashioned but I do find this really ignorant and tedious.

I certainly don't remember it being so bad last year.

Comments

• Options
    EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FGS BB give enough warnings!
  • Options
    MelaxMelax Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calum used two of my favourite words tonight. I might give him a few votes now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melax wrote: »

Me too. It is not the words they are using that I find hard to listen to as I use them too. It is the frequency of use that I find difficult to cope with.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love swearing. Dropping the C Bomb is like opening an expensive bottle of something.
  • Options
    glitterlady08glitterlady08 Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might get 37 out of him before the end!!;-)
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cool and Dude?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Can't beat a good C bomb. Film 4 showed Sexy Beast last week with no editing on Ben Kingsley's character. It was a C fest.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    I love swearing. Dropping the C Bomb is like opening an expensive bottle of something.

Yes but it should be reserved for special occasions such as New Year or Valentine's Day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but it should be reserved for special occasions such as New Year or Valentine's Day.

Or fat american bloggers.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone can get an official warning for saying P**f or the N word, then they should also get it for saying the C word.

Equally as bad if not worse.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me one bit to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone can get an official warning for saying P**f or the N word, then they should also get it for saying the C word.

Call the police then.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How is the C word as offensive as the N word or calling someone P**f ?

Go look up the word and you will see that it means woman's genitals. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wish there was a like button. Being an old bugger, my favourite is to say it very slowly in my poshest voice to someone considerably younger than me. I just love looking at the shock on their face when a wrinkly 'grey' says something so naughty. I do keep it for special occasions though as to use it constantly would take away the pleasure of the naughtiness.
  • Options
    glitterlady08glitterlady08 Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    How is the C word as offensive as the N word or calling someone P**f ?

Go look up the word and you will see that it means woman's genitals. :D

It originated from the Middle east..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It originated from the Middle east..

Quite a few of them there.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving it and I understand 'bad language ' to be people that can't spell and say 'of' when they mean have
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is the c bomb? Is it C u n t ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    What is the c bomb? Is it C u n t ?

Yep. Good word. When you use that word, no one is in any doubt about how you feel. Love it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could not have put it any better. I may use that phrase if that's OK with you! :D
  • Options
    ksmiggyksmiggy Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be big or clever, but by god it's funny to watch.

Nothing will ever top the Lionel Blair ones though, that was a complete "did he really just say that" "but he's Lionel Blair" moments.
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    Quite a few of them there.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the playground. *yawn*
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about everyone else, but I am not enjoying the constant swearing. I admit to doing my fair share of swearing, but fortunately I am able to string many sentences together without using the F word and also know when not to swear. So many of them seem unable to speak a sentence without at least one swear word, I may be old fashioned but I do find this really ignorant and tedious.

I certainly don't remember it being so bad last year.

Just ignore it. I can understand them swearing at times, especially when they get angry with each other. But yeah, just ignore it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM Stephen Frys take on swearing, I completely agree with him! What is wrong with swearing? I don't understand the snobbery about it.