It's time to take the red pill and wake up from the Matrix... again.

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
So, was googling for pictures of the Space Shuttle earlier on and stumbled across THIS website which I thought I'd share.

I know it is, basically, just another troofa site but, honestly, I watched that "king kong man" video and it gives me this irrational desire to do serious harm to whoever was responsible.
I mean, seriously, I get that the guy must be pretty sure that all this wacky stuff like 9/11 is just a "hoax" but, y'know, did it never occur to him, just for a second, that if he's wrong and 9/11 was a real thing, that video is horrendously, sickeningly, face-punchingly, disrespectful and insulting to the people featured in it?

Your head has to be pretty firmly lodged up your own arse if you're so sure that you're right that you completely ignore the possibility that something you're doing or saying is immensely insulting to somebody if it does turn out you're wrong.

Comments

• Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't read these kind of websites, they say that every thing that's ever happened is faked.

The only bit about 9/11 that is suspicious to me is building 7. I know it had damage on one side and was on fire, but should it really have collapsed like that?

People that run websites like that, it must be like a hobby to them, even they don't believe all the nonsense surely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    This man is the only CT that I watch now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZXrWTaNlY
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    So, was googling for pictures of the Space Shuttle earlier on and stumbled across THIS website which I thought I'd share.

I know it is, basically, just another troofa site but, honestly, I watched that "king kong man" video and it gives me this irrational desire to do serious harm to whoever was responsible.
    I mean, seriously, I get that the guy must be pretty sure that all this wacky stuff like 9/11 is just a "hoax" but, y'know, did it never occur to him, just for a second, that if he's wrong and 9/11 was a real thing, that video is horrendously, sickeningly, face-punchingly, disrespectful and insulting to the people featured in it?

Your head has to be pretty firmly lodged up your own arse if you're so sure that you're right that you completely ignore the possibility that something you're doing or saying is immensely insulting to somebody if it does turn out you're wrong.

What a bunch of nutters on that website.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Did anybody see this vid on that site
    "Man or sim in blue coat moves without the aid of his legs and feet. It’s too funny."
    Its a video of a man who leans his upper body to his left but the loons are convinced he is walking, i dont get it at all
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was always inevitable that complete and utter idiots would get internet access once it started becoming available to the public. There are some real, real nasty bloody pigs out there.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    It was always inevitable that complete and utter idiots would get internet access once it started becoming available to the public. There are some real, real nasty bloody pigs out there.

Very much agree. The one I think that will always stick in my mind is when one of these people apparently rang the mother of one of the children murdered at Sandy Hook to tell her that her child didn't actually exist.

And you know they most likely truly believed that as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Maybe those who seems as mad as hatters are put out there to stop others looking deeper. I hate those sites that are all over the place and shouty with dramatic music. :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another classic narcissist, running that site. Fails on the first rule of winning people over (before we even get to the laughable 'evidence' he punts out)- don't insult your audience. Already starts with the perspective that most people are thick and he has superior knowledge/ insight. As has been said above, in boosting his precious little ego he tries to insult the memory of those who were killed in the tragedies her refers to. It would be humorous were not that the case.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much agree. The one I think that will always stick in my mind is when one of these people apparently rang the mother of one of the children murdered at Sandy Hook to tell her that her child didn't actually exist.

And you know they most likely truly believed that as well.

That's the thing with people, most of us are convinced that not only are we right, but we are good people. The people making those allegations just can't see how ridiculous they are, and instead of thinking that there is a risk of them doing something awful, if they are wrong, they believe they are doing something righteous.

There are small a group of American gun nuts who think that the Dunblane massacre was faked as an excuse to tighten gun laws, and they've been around since before Sandy Hook happened. Once they've decided that one community in a far off country would go along with it, it's not such a huge step to presume that a second would. Except that by the time Sandy Hook happened, the nature of news media would make it even tougher to fake.

For those sorts of people, it's not about the practicalities of how everyone in whole towns would have to be in on it, or the difficulty of producing fake footage for a string of different news agencies. It's much more about the idea that the government would employ such tactics if they could, so they may as well presume they have.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    lThe only bit about 9/11 that is suspicious to me is building 7. I know it had damage on one side and was on fire, but should it really have collapsed like that.

I suppose that's a question that can only be answered by proposing how it should have collapsed.

Apart from that, though, if everything was faked, then including Building 7 in the list of buildings rigged to fall really does seem an unnecessary complication. My suspicion is that, apart from CT-ers and those who marvel at their ways, most people aren't even aware that any buildings apart from WTC1 and WTC2 were involved, so it's not like the fall of WTC7 was some iconic moment that summed up the day.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    Did anybody see this vid on that site
    "Man or sim in blue coat moves without the aid of his legs and feet. It’s too funny."
    Its a video of a man who leans his upper body to his left but the loons are convinced he is walking, i dont get it at all

I watched that too.

He seems to be so caught up in the whole "Aha! I noticed something odd!!!!" thing that he doesn't even bother to address the issue of why it might have been done.

What's the logic behind that "revelation" supposed to be?
    Okay, we're going to fake a mass-shooting.
    We've hired a heap of people to play the roles of the kids, parents, teachers, local residents and police.
    They're all sworn to secrecy so they won't be a problem but, dammit, we really needed a shot of some random guy in a blue jacket and none of the people we hired had one so we're just going to have to edit it in using Adobe After Effects.

I mean if that was supposed to be, say, Elvis, who'd been caught on camera at the scene then you could understand why there might be some debate over whether it was real or the video had been manipulated in some way but why go to the effort of using CGI to add in a random bored-looking dude in a blue jacket?

As usual with troofa stuff, I suspect the reality is far more mundane and that the video is an enlargement from the periphery of a wide-angle shot and the perspective appears to change when the camera zoomed in or out.
    Assuming, of course, it's not just a flat-out lie manufactured BY the troofas, like the whole "9/11 rivers of lava" video, or the "Lee Rigby's killer with no blood on his hands" video or the "Temple Mount UFO" video etc....
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    It's much more about the idea that the government would employ such tactics if they could, so they may as well presume they have.

And of course the inevitable corollary, that if you don't believe their CT then you're obviously a fool who has ultimate trust in governments not to lie.

But yeah, I agree with the OP. I think it's part of the whole "other people's tragedies are there for my amusement" thing that seems to have gone into overdrive since the internet became a thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Lee Rigby was murdered, there were some other prime examples. One picture claimed to show a "conveniently stopped HGV" without ever explaining what was covenient about it. Then there was the "error" of the forensics tent initially being set up in the "wrong place", round a corner from the murder scene, but having "mysteriously" moved to the right place in later photos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a look at that websjite and... oh dear!

You know, I could, possibly, given some convincing evidence be convince of the validity of any one conspiracy theory, but this sawn-off shotgun (with about a 2" barrel to get that kind of dispersion) approach really is bizarre.

I mean... sinkholes? What is the sinister agenda that is supported by having people believe that water washing away soft soil beneath a harder surface leads to holes suddenly appearing?

Edward Snowden, apparently, is a fake too. Now, I'd have thought that CT-ers would welcome his intervention as proving that governments really are as nefarious and untrustworthy as they've been saying all along.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    What exactly is the moron running that website trying to claim? There's so much rambling nonsense that it's hard to make out "the message". :confused:

Is he saying that 9/11 didn't happen ... that it was just faked on TV? (so the WTC must still be standing but nobody's noticed!)

or is he saying that it did happen ... but TV used fake images? (Which they all managed to prepare beforehand so they could transmit them as the event was happening)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What exactly is the moron running that website trying to claim? There's so much rambling nonsense that it's hard to make out "the message". :confused:

Is he saying that 9/11 didn't happen ... that it was just faked on TV? (so the WTC must still be standing but nobody's noticed!)

or is he saying that it did happen ... but TV used fake images? (Which they all managed to prepare beforehand so they could transmit them as the event was happening)
    bib - that was my first thought too!

He says how come the 'victims' families haven't spoken out after 5 years (at the time of writing), when they obviously have! He says all these things never happened, a total insult to those who lost their lives, those who survived and those who lost family and friends (not just in 9/11)

A complete and utter prat, to put it politely!
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    bib - that was my first thought too!

He says how come the 'victims' families haven't spoken out after 5 years (at the time of writing), when they obviously have! He says all these things never happened, a total insult to those who lost their lives, those who survived and those who lost family and friends (not just in 9/11)

A complete and utter prat, to put it politely!

Personally, I think they guy only has two brain cells ... but they're not talking to each other! :cool:
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think they guy only has two brain cells ... but they're not talking to each other! :cool:
    Haha! Yes