Louis and Kate replaced for next X Factor

Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Looks like the rumours were true and X Factor will be getting a much needed revamp...now we only need to get rid of Sharon and Simon and the show would be great! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/6432249.stm

Comments

• One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its lived its life and wouldn't bother watching another series.Anyone else feel the same? :confused:
  • Mizz FilthMizz Filth Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's good, could've gone one better and axed Sharon too.

Hopefully the new people will add something that was clearly missing from the last series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,868
    Forum Member
    I think its lived its life and wouldn't bother watching another series.Anyone else feel the same? :confused:
    I still enjoy the audition episodes, same with pop idol and american idol.

The entertainment factor is in the auditions. The live shows i just find boring, if i wanted an hour of music i'd just put a cd on :cool:

Think it's a good idea to remove louis tho, and i agree that sharon should have went too, i don't like either of them really and didn't feel they added anything to the show.

Simon still makes the show what it is, it's his honest opinions that make it compulsive viewing and he is in it for genuine talent not JUST to make money, although that is his ultimate goal :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    to be honest the whole thing now has got so stale and boring,we need better shows from itv now,it has run its course.
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    loopy37 wrote:
    to be honest the whole thing now has got so stale and boring,we need better shows from itv now,it has run its course.

Hopefully now Michael Grade's taken over we'll get them.
    Even he reckons ITV's 'creatively bankrupt'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/08/nitv08.xml
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    About time the show got shook up a bit. Kate Thornton was extremely annoying and amateur in my opinion.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article says lower age limit. Is that wise or is it gonna be the obvious, 'arrh she's so cute/ he's so sweet we have to vote for them' vibe.

I'd rather it was Sharon that was going but they've got rid of Kate so that's a good consolation
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh, this is good news for me. :D I can't really explain it, but over the last few years Louis just seems to have become a lot more arrogant and smug. He's really irritated me lately. :o
  • Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More info..apparently Kate devastated..(doesn't she read this column..she was going to be replaced by Mylene Klass ages ago..)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=441118&in_page_id=1773
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather they got a decent presenter...not Myleene Klass...
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Claudia Winkleman is doing a great job on Fame Academy

give it to her,
  • j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please please don't let it be cat dealy :eek: . I really would not be able to watch it then. i'm having to tape american idol just so i can fast forward her bits!
  • MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs C wrote:
    Looks like the rumours were true and X Factor will be getting a much needed revamp...now we only need to get rid of Sharon and Simon and the show would be great! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/6432249.stm

Yes, and if Vernon Kay gets the job, it's a bit ridiculous all those denials a while back about Kate Thornton getting the boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j24 wrote:
    please please don't let it be cat dealy :eek: . I really would not be able to watch it then. i'm having to tape american idol just so i can fast forward her bits!

totally agree! If she gets it then i wont be tuning in cant abide watching her and that laugh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please dont let it be Cat Deeley - I cant stand her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boredtoday wrote:

Isn't she the one with the wonky face? ;):D
  • Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    boredtoday wrote:

it'll be her or Ant and Dec. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't she the one with the wonky face? ;):D
    :D She is indeed. Its very off putting looking at her front on.

She's awful on American Idol - so false
  • Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have got rid of Sharon - too opinionated, unprofessional - takes things personally with the contestants - She is either spitting venom at them (Steve Brokstein) or kissing their ass (Shayne). And also she has never won, so hardly bringing much to the party.

Dont let it be Cat who replaces Kate, she is so false and now she has that mid Atlantic accent even worse. How about someone non blonde, non bimbo?????
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    The auditions are hilarious but the shows are soooo tedious. Cat Deeley Wonky Face would be the wrong person and Vernon's wife Tess is too much of a wimp - any more suggestions :confused: Maybe someone completely new and from a foreigh TV programme ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Claudia Winkleman was a really good suggestion for Kate's replacement.
    Another good choice would be that woman (can't remember her name) who does the movie specials on ITV2. She has red her and is quite pretty and funny and most importantly not annoying. She is also a pundit on those channel 4 list shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,868
    Forum Member
    Mrs C wrote:
    More info..apparently Kate devastated..(doesn't she read this column..she was going to be replaced by Mylene Klass ages ago..)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=441118&in_page_id=1773
    Last night Walsh said: "After three incredible years, I have decided to leave The X Factor to completely focus my energy on my day job as an artist manager.

"I will be having the busiest year of my career with Westlife, Shayne Ward and the re-launch of Boyzone.

I'm sure i read only yesterday or the day before that Ronan was rubbishing claims of a boyzone reunion and said it would never happen :rolleyes:
    Ronan Keating has denied rumours that Boyzone are on the verge of reuniting.

The singer insists the reports are unfounded, and that he is concentrating on his new album.

"All that speculation in the papers that we've done a deal for millions is absolute rubbish," he said. "I'm making a new record and I can't let anything get in the way of that."

He did add that he was not against the possibility, though, and would actually be quite keen to join up with the other four members if the conditions were right.

"If we got the right deal over a short period and if it fits in between now and my next album coming out, I'd love to do it," he revealed. "I'd love to do it for the other guys as well because I know that I've been the one holding it up."

Someone is not being upfront and honest :eek: ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Also I have a bad feeling that the presnting gig may go to Cat Deeley. She now presents So You Think You Can Dance and has a token presenting job on American Idol. Both these shows are produced by Simon Cowell and Nigel Lythgoe. :(
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    skyla wrote:
    Also I have a bad feeling that the presnting gig may go to Cat Deeley. She now presents So You Think You Can Dance and has a token presenting job on American Idol. Both these shows are produced by Simon Cowell and Nigel Lythgoe. :(

what with the votes 'ripping people off' fiasco, and possibly Cat Deeley presenting I hope there will be lots of new movies on Sky :rolleyes: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    They just said on the radio news that Cat Deely and Fearne Cotton are in contention for taking over.

I'd prefer Fearne