Options

PVR & DVD system

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
Forum Member
I am new to this game (I have Sky+) but I am looking for a pvr system for the in-laws…..

Ideally I would like to pvr with dvd burner (or dvd player - up scaling would be a nice to have) – again it would be nice to have 2 digital tuners. As I said I am new to this, and really know nothing about pvr’s, so my question really is this spec available and if so can you provide some recommendations?

Not sure of budget…around/under £200 ish (I think)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing around yet that converges a twin DVB-T tuner PVR and a DVD recorder I'm afraid. Maybe a better bet would be to buy them as separate boxes (i.e. a twin tuner PVR and then a DVD recorder). You could get the very nice Vestel T816 clone from either Asda (ONN) or the Tesco equivilent for around the 100 quid mark with a 160gb/80 hour HDD which would leave you some decent scope on a DVD recorder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Wow....is that definetly correct? That seems a bit of a simple requirement.. twin tuners, PVR with a DVD recorder?! This is exactly what i need! There are some nice machines around, but I can't find one that does this....any due soon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As above - none are available at the moment and there are none that we know about on the horizon.