YES or NO......whats your vote?

Comments

• Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a torrent of abuse from one of my cousins because I said I was voting no - apparently I'm a traitor who has done nothing for my country. I asked why he was voting yes, his reasons were: to get rid of the English, keep our oil money so that people on benefits would get more (guess who's been on benefits most of his life) and revenge for the Battle of Bannockburn - when I pointed out that we WON at Bannockburn he started hurling abuse.

So basically he thinks Scotland should be independent because of his ignorant racist views, his desire to sponge money from our oil revenue and his ignorance of history... and that is the kind of person Salmond seems to be attracting.
    Blimey...:o...i'm beginning to wonder if i will bother venturing around Scotland again. :(

Life is safer in Serbia and Albania.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an easy yes. Tory, Labour, Lib Dems in the past 30 years have shown it doesn't matter who's in power down there as they're all self serving with big corporations and the rich elite the priority. That's not going to change. In fact it's funny how at any other time most people say the same yet now all of a sudden we're supposedly better together and should stick with a broken system when there's an opportunity to ditch Westminster and take control of our own finances. I don't think so.

And you think Salmond (best friend of Ken Goodwin) would be any different?
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

Fred, but yeah, indeed. Quite why some folk up here think Holyrood is going to be any different than Westminster is beyond me.

And, unless I'm mistaken - I may be - SNP have had one thing to say on tax in an independent Scotland. Cutting corporation tax. Which, to some people, could be viewed as benefiting big business. Exactly what they deride Westminster for.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not in Scotland, so haven't voted on this poll, but I think they should stay in the UK.

Good to hear that the UK still want us in the Union. The way things have been going I'd not be surprised if we were told to get stuffed.

I can't wait for this to be over now and hopefully we'll still be part of the good old United Kingdom of GREAT Britain because IMO Britain IS great!
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to hear that the UK still want us in the Union. The way things have been going I'd not be surprised if we were told to get stuffed.

I can't wait for this to be over now and hopefully we'll still be part of the good old United Kingdom of GREAT Britain because IMO Britain IS great!

I agree :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I've had a torrent of abuse from one of my cousins because I said I was voting no - apparently I'm a traitor who has done nothing for my country. I asked why he was voting yes, his reasons were: to get rid of the English, keep our oil money so that people on benefits would get more (guess who's been on benefits most of his life) and revenge for the Battle of Bannockburn - when I pointed out that we WON at Bannockburn he started hurling abuse.

So basically he thinks Scotland should be independent because of his ignorant racist views, his desire to sponge money from our oil revenue and his ignorance of history... and that is the kind of person Salmond seems to be attracting.

He is exactly the type of person Salmond has wanted to attract since day one.
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the referendum would have been a lot less divisive if there were a proper majority on one side or the other......hovering around 50% is what is causing people to turn on one another..
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Outrage! My daughter is attending the Big Debate aired tonight on bbc1. 16-17 year olds all debating on the referendum. She has just texted me to say they were asked to say they were No or undecided because the Yes voters were outweighing the No's. Thankfully xxxxx told them to Piss Off. Absolutely shocking corrupt media manipulation! Please share this, because no matter which way you are voting. Young people should not be manipulated in this manner!

From facebook.... (although which thread to post this on gave me pause for thought!!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outrage! My daughter is attending the Big Debate aired tonight on bbc1. 16-17 year olds all debating on the referendum. She has just texted me to say they were asked to say they were No or undecided because the Yes voters were outweighing the No's. Thankfully xxxxx told them to Piss Off. Absolutely shocking corrupt media manipulation! Please share this, because no matter which way you are voting. Young people should not be manipulated in this manner!

rom facebook.... (although which thread to post this on gave me pause for thought!!)
    LOL......nice leg pull. Try the other one. ;-)
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

rom facebook.... (although which thread to post this on gave me pause for thought!!)

The BBC have to be impartial (if thats the right term?), they can't be seen to show an audience where their all on one side of the debate. It'd seem biased and go against their public charter remit or what-not. Their presenters can't be seen (or more, heard?) to have an opinion on either side of the debate either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From facebook.... (although which thread to post this on gave me pause for thought!!)

Ha...busted. Either you and Maidienscotland (sp) have the same mates or she's making stuff up. Because apparently it's her friend who's daughter was asked to lie. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh look...
    A friend has posted on her facebook that her 16yr old daughter was at the debate tonight. She was asked to say she was either a NO voter or undecided because the number of YES voters far outweighed the No's. She refused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at a 'No' rally today and my OH got called a fing w*nker by someone wearing a yes badge, personally I found that hilarious. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I was at a 'No' rally today and my OH got called a fing w*nker by someone wearing a yes badge, personally I found that hilarious. :D

...cking idiot actually *curtsey* :D xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Oh look...
    She should change her DS username;

MissChiefinScotland. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member

The SNP/Salmond is a means to an end for me as I suspect most Yes voters. After independence all the parties would be trying to reinvent themselves for the 2016 election that would follow. Voting in that would actually be worthwhile unlike just now in UK elections. Also I expect there will be a Ukip/Tory alliance at the next UK one and that's if Scotland rejects Independence.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've voted 'NO'.Everything is fine in my life under the current arrangement.If it ain't broke,no need to fix it.:)
    A vote for 'YES',is a leap of faith into the unknown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had friends for a meal tonight and my pals husband is a policeman- he's been told they are on full alert end of next week so I think trouble is expected :(

I hate how nasty it's become.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    We had friends for a meal tonight and my pals husband is a policeman- he's been told they are on full alert end of next week so I think trouble is expected :(

I hate how nasty it's become.

It's the 'YES' folk who are getting nasty.It's going to be no ordinary Friday that's for sure.:o
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Ha...busted. Either you and Maidienscotland (sp) have the same mates or she's making stuff up. Because apparently it's her friend who's daughter was asked to lie. :D

Hmm.... Just replied on that link to see if same person
  • ShomofoShomofo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Scottish and I'm voting No. I believe we will be much better off.
    I have a very bad feeling for after the vote depending how it goes. The Yes campaign is laying it on strong. My brother-in-law is a fervent Yes and all he keeps on posting is the usual Anti English Yes campaign rhetoric.
    It's a little disturbingly as my OH is English (although he's been here 25 years) and they get on really well so I don't think he really means it.
    The scary thing is that come Friday roughly half the population will be upset.
    My only fear is what will happen next. Ironically if it is a Yes vote I think it will be resigned atmosphere but if it's a No then it could get out of hand.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

No busted about it! My friend posted it on her fb and on her twitter, it was retweeted and reposted on fb pages.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No busted about it! My friend posted it on her fb and on her twitter, it was retweeted and reposted on fb pages.

Well your friend must have about fourteen hundred relations cause its become an urban legend so many are claiming it. It was debunked on twitter by kids actually at the debate. Apparently each school was given 5 invites. 2 yes, 2 no, 1 undecided. So Im calling shennanigans on this.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean the serial shagger Fred Goodwin who was screwing not only RBS shareholders & taxpayers but also a senior executive who still works at RBS in London.
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Well your friend must have about fourteen hundred relations cause its become an urban legend so many are claiming it. It was debunked on twitter by kids actually at the debate. Apparently each school was given 5 invites. 2 yes, 2 no, 1 undecided. So Im calling shennanigans on this.

Well that's as maybe but certainly not MY shenanigans, my fb friend DID post it on her fb and I took it in good faith.