Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot about Andrew Lancel too, that's 3 Corrie stars Charged with child rape in the space of 5 months, OMG

There was Peter Adamson too (Len Fairclough) in the 80s. He was found not guilty and it pretty much ruined his career/life. There is a story he admitted to it later, but with no sexual intent but he later denied saying that
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was Peter Adamson too (Len Fairclough) in the 80s. He was found not guilty and it pretty much ruined his career/life. There is a story he admitted to it later, but with no sexual intent but he later denied saying that

The problem with his case is that it (allegedly) amounted to some groping or inappropriate touching of two girls in a swimming pool. Unless there were credible witnesses to the incident, it's hard to see how it could have ever ended in safe conviction.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Apparently its been in the pipeline for a couple of months. I just saw this too:-

https://twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/329678850709667840

Can't help but question the chance of a fair trial. I noticed today that again the police don't seem to name the person being arrested but the media do.

I get the feeling the CPS will go to trial whever possible in the current climate , that way they cannot be accused of covering up or protecting It remains to be seen what the sufficient evidence is .
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    dsnik wrote: »
    If that were a hypothetical question one answer could be,
    Paternity test + maths + medical records.

Rape does not equal baby and baby does not equal rape.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    why are so many celebs involved in these cases?

If they aren't famous then the tabloids aren't interested and the hysteria and bandwagoning can't pick up any steam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ridiculous that he is to be taken to court.this woman is obviously lying.its been 46 years so the only evidence would be her word.in court he will denie anything happened and any case will be dissmissed.she is looking to make money out of all the recent goings on.if its true,why has she waited all this time?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    ridiculous that he is to be taken to court.this woman is obviously lying.its been 46 years so the only evidence would be her word.in court he will denie anything happened and any case will be dissmissed.she is looking to make money out of all the recent goings on.if its true,why has she waited all this time?

I'll ignore how disgustingly, reprehensibly presumptuous you are in the first instance ('obviously lying') and skip to how disgustingly, reprehensibly presumptuous you are a couple of sentences later. What makes you think she's 'waited all this time' and what makes you think that a 15 year old in the 1960s would have been believed and heard if she'd claimed to have been raped by a TV star?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You know this for a fact do you? The court room is the place where they'll decide that.

As it is right now, the Crown Prosecution Service and police decided there had enough information to charge him (that's not to say he's guilty, just that there's just enough for them to go to court).
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come these cases are only now coming out after all this time? Also why is it jimmy savile and others when these have absolutely no connection to savile.
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    I'll ignore how disgustingly, reprehensibly presumptuous you are in the first instance ('obviously lying') and skip to how disgustingly, reprehensibly presumptuous you are a couple of sentences later. What makes you think she's 'waited all this time' and what makes you think that a 15 year old in the 1960s would have been believed and heard if she'd claimed to have been raped by a TV star?

With all these celeb cases we are not talking about a man that stalks the streets preying on victims.We are talking about young girls attracted by celibrity who find their way into the path of these 'stars'.
    Its always the male that is always expected to quickly process signals of what is being presented in front of him and what the female actually wants, but even then the female may change her mind later.. Obviously if he is much older than it is his resoponsibilty to resist..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    How come these cases are only now coming out after all this time? Also why is it jimmy savile and others when these have absolutely no connection to savile.

Bill Roache's case is totally separate to the Yewtree investigations, as far as I'm aware.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »

sh has had plenty of time as an adult to come forward.it only seems to be now when loads of others have come out with stories about other celebrities.i wouldnt be suprised if she was mentaly disturbed if its not chasing after money.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Charles was found not guilty of rape and four other charges of indecent assault
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/red-dwarf-star-cleared-of-rape-7946138.html
    Mr Charles , the comic actor and star of the BBC's Red Dwarf series, spent three-and-a-half months in prison before being allowed bail. Outside the court Mr Charles attacked the "lamentable" case against him and called for a change in the law to give rape defendants anonymity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sh has had plenty of time as an adult to come forward.it only seems to be now when loads of others have come out with stories about other celebrities.i wouldnt be suprised if she was mentaly disturbed if its not chasing after money.

On the other hand, she may have been traumatised by what happened and only now has the confidence to come forward.

Some people don't admit to having being raped/abused for years and years.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all these celeb cases we are not talking about a man that stalks the streets preying on victims.We are talking about young girls attracted by celibrity who find their way into the path of these 'stars'.

Or incidents which have nothing in particular to do with the "celeb" status. We don't really know yet.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a stupid, ignorant and insensitive remark. It really is no wonder that some victims of rape and sexual abuse still find it difficult to come forward when people still have this kind of disgusting attitude towards them.If you have been raped or abused it stays with your for your entire life, and you don't ever really get over it. It doesn't matter if it was six months ago, five years ago or 30 years ago it stays with you.

Maybe, just maybe, this woman found the strength to come forward after seeing all of the Jimmy Saville stuff in the media?
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Roache's case is totally separate to the Yewtree investigations, as far as I'm aware.

Maybe not this case but there are other cases like max clifford which they have said it has no connection to savile so why have it mentioned. people hear jimmy savile and others they start thinking its connected to that. them cases shouldn`t be linked with savile if its nothing to do with him.
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get the **** off the internet. Just go.

It's people like you that prevent the victims from finding the strength to come forward. Rape is rape: regardless of how long ago it took place and how long it takes a person to come forward. You don't know the woman, and you don't know Bill Roache, so why don't you keep your disgusting attitude to yourself?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid, ignorant and insensitive remark. It really is no wonder that some victims of rape and sexual abuse still find it difficult to come forward when people still have this kind of disgusting attitude towards them.If you have been raped or abused it stays with your for your entire life, and you don't ever really get over it. It doesn't matter if it was six months ago, five years ago or 30 years ago it stays with you.

Maybe, just maybe, this woman found the strength to come forward after seeing all of the Jimmy Saville stuff in the media?
    Get the **** off the internet. Just go.

It's people like you that prevent the victims from finding the strength to come forward. Rape is rape: regardless of how long ago it took place and how long it takes a person to come forward. You don't know the woman, and you don't know Bill Roache, so why don't you keep your disgusting attitude to yourself?

I think the poster was suggesting that rape might not have taken place, not that it did and because it was so long ago she shouldn't have come forward.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

enough has been written in several threads on DS about why those abused do not come forward, even for decades. However, she may indeed be mentally disturbed, mentally disturbed because she may have had to live with the memories of being raped and not feeling able to tell anyone.

Whilst there may well be a tiny percentage who come forward after all these years to make false or malicious claims, the Police are quite good at weeding out those.

Frankly I find your comments ignorant and insensitive
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh dear. What's that saying? Better to say nothing if you don't want people to think you're stupid rather than say something and remove all doubt.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enough has been written in several threads on DS about why those abused do not come forward, even for decades. However, she may indeed be mentally disturbed, mentally disturbed because she may have had to live with the memories of being raped and not feeling able to tell anyone.

Whilst there may well be a tiny percentage who come forward after all these years to make false or malicious claims, the Police are quite good at weeding out those.

Frankly I find your comments ignorant and insensitive

I think we all need to be careful here. As far as the "accused" is concerned it was a false, malicious or mistaken claim. As far as the "victim" is concerned it was none of those things. By saying the police weed out the false claims then it is close to saying that the "accused" is guilty before they have had a fair trial.

There are two views, only one can be correct and it has to be the courts that decide that, not keyboard warriors on DS.

ETA. Having said all of that, I do agree that calling someone mentally disturbed is not right either.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I think the poster was suggesting that rape might not have taken place, not that it did and because it was so long ago she shouldn't have come forward.

The poster was clearly suggesting that because it allegedly happened such a long time ago it doesn't matter anymore and that she has only come forewad now because she wants a payout. They also claimed that the woman may be "mentally disturbed". If that is not offensive I don't know what is? The fact that this poster has not come back to defend their ignorant views speaks volumes.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    I think we all need to be careful here. As far as the "accused" is concerned it was a false, malicious or mistaken claim. As far as the "victim" is concerned it was none of those things. By saying the police weed out the false claims then it is close to saying that the "accused" is guilty before they have had a fair trial.

There are two views, only one can be correct and it has to be the courts that decide that, not keyboard warriors on DS.

ETA. Having said all of that, I do agree that calling someone mentally disturbed is not right either.

I'm sorry, I did not explain my point very well.Yes, it is totally up to a jury to decide as whether the accused is guilty or not. Presumed innocent until found guilty is quite fundamental.

What I meant by the police weeding out false or malicicious claims, is that some claims are, upon investigation, patently false. e.g the accused could have been out of the country for 6 months when the allegation is made. The accuser may indeed have a history of making all sorts of false accusations (very rare but it does happen). All this needs to be established and, hopefully, sufficient evidence, even if circumstantial, gathered to allow the CPS to let the case go before a jury.
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart Hall has admitted 14 sexual assaults on children as young as 9

ETA http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-02/broadcaster-stuart-hall-admits-14-indecent-assaults/
This discussion has been closed.