The Hotel Channel 4 at 8pm tonight

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
two years have passed since Mark was forced to sell his Torquay hotel. He is now entertainments manager at The Cavendish.

I really enjoyed the previous series. Mark is such a funny little disheveled character but always looks on the bright side.

Comments

• Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    two years have passed since Mark was forced to sell his Torquay hotel. He is now entertainments manager at The Cavendish.

I really enjoyed the previous series. Mark is such a funny little disheveled character but always looks on the bright side.

Should be good for a laugh, I like the guy but no one in their right mind would hire him as entertainments manager.

Mount your Dolphins anyone.😄
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this, Mark is hilarious.
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant wait. loved the last series
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad this is back too. I like Mark :)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotel was hilarious, look forward to this :)
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a nice man with a good heart and very watchable.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder whether that stroppy receptionist has moved with him. OMG I don't know how he put up with her.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites channel 4 has produced I am looking forward to it plus Alison is back :)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake2008 wrote: »
    One of my favourites channel 4 has produced I am looking forward to it plus Alison is back :)

Is she the stroppy receptionist?
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a fan of The Hotel (well at least series 2 & 3 with Mark, Allison & Christian in Torquay) and looking forward to this new series tonight.

However I do wonder how much of this is set up. I can kind of see why someone might employ Mark as 'Entertainment Manager' as he's a personality and might get some people through the door (so long as all ideas get approval from the hotel manager or Mark is given a set annual budget) but why who someone employ Allison and Mark in the same hotel - a team that would have gone into administration if Mark hadn't sold his hotels.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the new series Christian pops into the Cavendish Hotel to say hello to Mark & Allison.

I'll still be watching as I don't care it these kind of reality shows/fly on the wall documentaries are faked out right or (like they did with The Osbournes) film 2 or 3 hundred hours of footage and then edit it (along with the scripted voiceover) to tell a invented story rather than being entirely factual.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the real life david brent
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so excited for this :) loved our thread when this was last on!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SO glad this programme is back as I love watching it.

But.......perhaps they might have gone into overkill with Mark. Might have been more interesting to follow another hotel......but we'll see. Perhaps it will still be as funny as before
  • tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this!
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And we are off.....
    What the hell has he do e to his hair? It was bad before it looks positively suspicious in colour!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit bored already!
  • tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Fake posh people
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    who on earth would put him in charge of a hotel :D:D
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Run a failing hotel?

Bring in a TV reality 'star' on the pretence of being your new entertainment manager and hey presto, national TV exposure for your hotel.

Easier than spending a fortune on an advertising campaign!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That looks a fun night :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Run a failing hotel?

Bring in a TV reality 'star' on the pretence of being your new entertainment manager and hey presto, national TV exposure for your hotel.

Easier than spending a fortune on an advertising campaign!

Tend to agree with you.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit bored already!

This program needs Alison!
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That barman is really annoying. The whole point of Mark being there is to change the entertainment, surely? So he has to expect some changes, otherwise what is the point of employing Mark.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying it so far. :blush: But it already predictably reeks of staging and contrived scenarios. Borderline scripted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesnt really seem to be about The Hotel. It seems to be more about Mark.