Anyone Care to Sponsor the Cybersisters?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,263
Forum Member
As you'll probably have gathered, peppie, netchick and Deerd will be joining me in Edinburgh for a wild weekend at the end of May.

However, it's not all wine, men and more men..... :rolleyes:
On the morning of Sunday 1st June, we will all be taking part in the 5k Cancer Research Race for Life round Edinburgh's Holyrood Park. (what condition we'll be in after a Sat night on the town is anyone's guess but we'll do it anyway! :D)

It's for a very good cause and we want to raise as much money as possible. If you feel able to sponsor us, we would be most grateful. Please feel free to pm any of us and we'll take your details and add you to our sponsorship list.

Race for Life details

Many thanks

Mary

Comments

• DeerdDeerd Posts: 21,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **uncrosses fingers**:rolleyes: ...you mean you weren't joking:eek: :D...should've known when you mentioned offical T-Shirts!

btw my ma is still rofl at the thought of us dragging our butts around the course with hangovers...and i told her days ago now...now you know where i get my twisted sense of humour from:D

seriously, would just like to reinforce lg's request...it's for a good cause and if nothing else it's worth sponsoring one/all of us just to make sure we're motivated enough to suffer for a few hours!...maybe if we raise enough via ds we could post a pic of all of us at the end...surely it's worth a sponsorship just for a good laugh at that alone:rolleyes:...tho would the mods object to a pic of the near dead/undead...hmmmmm may have to put a "the contents of this site may offend" warning!

/not quite sure how lg plans to collect sponsorship:confused: ...tho clearly she's used to taking credit-card numbers for some of her other erm...pursuits:p ...let's just hope all those sailors have been paid that weekend, captain:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,263
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Deerd

/not quite sure how lg plans to collect sponsorship:confused: ...tho clearly she's used to taking credit-card numbers for some of her other erm...pursuits:p ...let's just hope all those sailors have been paid that weekend, captain:D

oi, you..... shuddupaya face:D :D. My lovely boys in white bellbottoms (or out of them if I have my way) know I only take cash for ..erm... services rendered! :eek:

Anyway, you and I will be doubly hungover cos we'll still be celebrating Celtic winning the UEFA cup on 21st May....:)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

seriously, would just like to reinforce lg's request...it's for a good cause and if nothing else it's worth sponsoring one/all of us just to make sure we're motivated enough to suffer for a few hours!...maybe if we raise enough via ds we could post a pic of all of us at the end...surely it's worth a sponsorship just for a good laugh at that alone:rolleyes:...tho would the mods object to a pic of the near dead/undead...hmmmmm may have to put a "the contents of this site may offend" warning!

Mark Hughes did the Marathon last year and he put his pictures up (though he was an Admin at the time), so I'm sure if you asked them nicely ;)

He's going to attempt a Twix this year :rolleyes: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You brave girls:p

I was going to do something similar in Hyde Park last year but after training on the treadmill, realised my legs/knees weren't really up to it (and all my work counterparts were fit enough to easily run the whole distance:rolleyes:) so I chickened out and sponsored someone else instead:rolleyes:

Anyway it's a great cause and yes i will happily sponsor one of you - probably Peps as she's closest geographically and i can easily meet her after work and cough up, so I'll send a PM to confirm:)
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd make it clear that we will all be WALKING and not running....:rolleyes:

The course is fine. There's only one steep section which is quite short. I needed oxygen last year to tackle it... well not quite but you know what I mean:o ... but hope I'll be a wee bit better this year. Mind you, we'll probably all be holding on to each other anyway because we'll be suffering from 'the morning after the night before' syndrome:D :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by logiegreen
    Just thought I'd make it clear that we will all be WALKING and not running....:rolleyes:

The course is fine. There's only one steep section which is quite short. I needed oxygen last year to tackle it... well not quite but you know what I mean:o ... but hope I'll be a wee bit better this year. Mind you, we'll probably all be holding on to each other anyway because we'll be suffering from 'the morning after the night before' syndrome:D :D

Wheeew huge relief there lg!:D I do loads of walking and its an activity i enjoy whereas running, hmmm its not my bag baby! Of cuorse being a virtuos non drinking type I shall be fresh as a daisy and be able to walk rings round you all :p;)
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Oooh, Ella and I are doing this too only in Luton. I will be doing it in honour of my 6 year old god-daughter. :(

~ Beth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck girls, I'll gladly sponsor you....

I'll send a PM to Deerd with all the details.

G.
    xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever I had had planned for that Sunday has now been cancelled. How on earth could I pass up the opportunity of watching four still-drunk women stagger their way around a hill with no toilets, no bars and 78-year-old men lapping them? :eek: (LG, that's NOT the kind of lapping I meant!)

I wonder if Duddingston Loch will still have any swans by the end of the day, surely the sight of you lot will have frightened them all off.

Of course, Deerd will win the event, as everyone else will be following behind her marvelling at the ATBTBT.

I was going to offer sponsorship, but after that Celtic crack you can go....

...oh, okay, for comedic value, the cheque is in the post.

To everyone else: there may just possibly be a certain B71 hiding behind a few rocks surreptitiously taking photographs of four women in shorts (did I hear hot pants? :p ) and low cut (I wish) t-shirts trying not to puke as they wander the countryside trying to pick up the fit blokes. With these photos, I aim to raise more money in bribes than the four of them put together, and I won't have to walk 5K to do it. Though I may spend the rest of my life in hiding. :p
  • peppiepeppie Posts: 12,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well sponsership pm recieved CC Cheers! tho I'm sure you just want another chance to test our hollow legs out :p

The T-shirts you'll be please to hear deerd are not pink ;)

(just grateful at no mention of wide angle lenses.........:eek: )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so how much you guys got so far then?????????

hope ur really hungover, and feel sick, cause its worse when u have to run too!!!< ha ha ha, im soooo cruel!!!:p :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by peppie

The T-shirts you'll be please to hear deerd are not pink ;)

Sorry they're not green either.....................:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry they're not green either.....................:confused:

Yeah, but will they go see-through in the peeing rain? Cos that would increase the desirability of my photos...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Bismark71
    Yeah, but will they go see-through in the peeing rain? Cos that would increase the desirability of my photos...:p

You're going to have the sun shining out of my............:eek:

What more could you want..................:p :D
    Forum Member

hey, what makes you think it'll rain.....

oh yeah of course, it's Edinburgh and summertime... logical :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by logiegreen
    hey, what makes you think it'll rain.....

oh yeah of course, it's Edinburgh and summertime... logical :D

Pay no attention................:rolleyes: I'll be bringing the southern sun with me...........:cool:
  • DeerdDeerd Posts: 21,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pay no attention................:rolleyes: I'll be bringing the southern sun with me...........:cool:

well that's one way to ensure we win the race...every other participant will have evacuted edin thinking that the end is near and pps were right about global warming afterall :eek: :rolleyes: :D

tho why do i suspect bis would rather catch a moon with his telescopic lense:eek: .......ahhhhhhhh it's that interest in astronomy;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well that's one way to ensure we win the race...every other participant will have evacuted edin thinking that the end is near and pps were right about global warming afterall :eek: :rolleyes: :D

tho why do i suspect bis would rather catch a moon with his telescopic lense:eek: .......ahhhhhhhh it's that interest in astronomy;)

i have a cunning plan..............................;) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a cunning plan..............................;) :D

Not as cunning as the one I'm formulating ;)

Quick Biz, think of a plan
  • davey_do_littledavey_do_little Posts: 5,365
    Forum Member
    what's a guy have to do to get an invite?????? wear a skirt?:) ;):p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as cunning as the one I'm formulating ;)

Quick Biz, think of a plan

Baldrick..................................................................:D

How are you going to cope.......................;) :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by davey_do_little
    what's a guy have to do to get an invite?????? wear a skirt?:) ;):p:D

edit............. no idea who will be reading this:eek: :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are you going to cope.......................;) :D:p

The question is, how are you going to cope with the online fame...sorry, ignominy, that will follow my posting of photos of you four wheezing along in your wet t-shirts and hot pants. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question is, how are you going to cope with the online fame...sorry, ignominy, that will follow my posting of photos of you four wheezing along in your wet t-shirts and hot pants. :eek:

Well once you get a sight of the 4 DS babes..................I'm sure you'll need to turn up the air conditioning.................:p :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or hope the rain gets a lot colder?