Things you wanted for Xmas but didn't get

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Mr. Frosty was apparently the most wanted toy that children never got.

Aww why was that? :(
  • AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted Cooking Mama, I got it.
    I wanted to throw it away in a couple of hours. :)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    A drum kit :(
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it's only a couple of weeks wince I posted this exact reply in another thread...

When I was a kid I saved up and bought myself a Tamiya Frog r/c car. Being a kid, however, I didn't look after it, I did stupid things with it and I killed it.

A few years ago I noticed that Tamiya had re-released the Frog and I started dropping some heavy hints that my missus could buy me one for xmas.
    But she didn't.

Eventually she got the message and told me I'd be surprised that xmas.

These Tamiya r/c cars come in a fairly big box and you also need a 2 channel radio which comes in a smaller box.
    Imagine my excitement when I saw the big box under our xmas tree with a smaller box on top of it.
    I could hardly wait!
    I really did feel like a kid waiting for xmas morning again.
    This time I was going to buid it exactly like the one in all the pictures. I was going to cherish it and take great pride in it.
    I was getting an icon from my childhood back and this time I was going to treat it with the reverence it deserved!

Not to sound ungrateful but I really had to force the smiles on xmas morning when it turned out that the big box contained a cheap 3D foam puzzle and the smaller box contained some crappy Tomy r/c Subaru Imprezza which my missus thought would delight me.

Both were later re-gifted and I bought the f**king Frog for myself. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never saw Mr. Frosty before! :D
    I wanna Mr. Frosty!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.presentideas.me.uk/mr-frosty.html
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :mad:
  • charmingbillycharmingbilly Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wanted a Tiny Tears and used to press my nose up against the toyshop window (back in the days when there was an actual toyshop in town). Sadly I never did get one, Father Christmas brought me a hideous copy baby doll that didn't cry and wee like Tiny Tears.:cry: I was 6 at the time, I still don't know what I did wrong that year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Mr Frosty - i dont know why my parents had such a major problem with getting me one?!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty Cabbage Patch Kids!? Wow! I've got three and I still love them! :D

You two could both create a town of Cabbage Patch Kids.

Some in the park, some at school, some at work... and so on! :D

You could have great fun! :D
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The love of a good man to snuggle upto under the duvet and forget about the frost.

Hell, I'd settle for a bad man as well! :D
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    A penguin. Or a reindeer. I'm not fussy. :)

Kinky........:rolleyes:
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As one of the 'chosen ones' who actually got mr frosty for Xmas back in the 80's I can confirm it was indeed a piece of crap!!

It had sachets of gross tasting flavouring that you added to the ice that mr frosty was supposed to crush, but mr frosty was a crappy piece of plastic so, by crush, I mean involve all the family in trying to turn a tiny handle, which turned useless blades, which eventually ( think half hour and lots of swearing) gave you a few mouthfuls of crushed flavoured ice. Woooooooo!!! And back in the cupboard it went and stayed lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Unbelievable!

I longed for a Mr Frosty :mad:

I too really wanted a Mr Frosty when I was a kid, I asked Father Christmas every single year but I didn't get one until I was about 15 when my Mum took pity on me. But the thing with a Mr Frosty is that Geoff Capes couldn't use that thing, it took my Dad all his weight (and he wasn't a small chap) to be able to do anything with it. Fundamental flaw in the Mr Frosty is that ice is quite hard! Still he looked cool in various student houses I lived in at Uni!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww why was that? :(

Because adults/Father Christmas could see that it essentially was useless and it would end in tears...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fifilapew wrote: »
    As one of the 'chosen ones' who actually got mr frosty for Xmas back in the 80's I can confirm it was indeed a piece of crap!!

It had sachets of gross tasting flavouring that you added to the ice that mr frosty was supposed to crush, but mr frosty was a crappy piece of plastic so, by crush, I mean involve all the family in trying to turn a tiny handle, which turned useless blades, which eventually ( think half hour and lots of swearing) gave you a few mouthfuls of crushed flavoured ice. Woooooooo!!! And back in the cupboard it went and stayed lol!

Yep, I too was one of the lucky ones and can concur it was rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    When I was younger I really wanted Mousetrap (at least I think it was mousetrap) the game in which you had to move a ball baring round a maze?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: The Cabbage Patch Dolls

Wasnt there an urban legend (utterly ridiculous now but as a kid i really bought into it ) that they came to life when you were asleep? I was terrified, i got bought one by an Auntie and made my Mum and Dad take it away :D
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im another one who wanted a Mr. Frosty, but i was never allowed one.

Instead i got an Etch a Sketch :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Mr Frosty was wanted here, I asked for one for about 4 years in a row and still no joy. Thanks to all the lucky posters that got one and have confirmed that it was rubbish, maybe I can now finally forgive my Parents!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DGSx wrote: »
    When I was younger I really wanted Mousetrap (at least I think it was mousetrap) the game in which you had to move a ball baring round a maze?

I had that and it took about 20 mins to set up a game which lasted about 1 min, we also had Ghost Castle, which was similar. They were always games friends used to want to play when they came round and they were always 'broken' cos I knew that after getting it out and setting it up it would be time for them to go home:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I had it and it was crap, always fell apart before you had finished the game. Or maybe I was playing it wrong!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had that and it took about 20 mins to set up a game which lasted about 1 min, we also had Ghost Castle, which was similar. They were always games friends used to want to play when they came round and they were always 'broken' cos I knew that after getting it out and setting it up it would be time for them to go home:D

I had Ghost Castle but neither me or my friends or relatives could work out how to play it properly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screwball Scramble on the other hand was brilliant, in fact I'm going to see if my mum can find it later so my kids can have a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feline666 wrote: »
    I had Ghost Castle but neither me or my friends or relatives could work out how to play it properly!

That's because by the time you had worked out how to set it up it was way past everyone's bedtime:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    feline666 wrote: »
    I had it and it was crap, always fell apart before you had finished the game. Or maybe I was playing it wrong!

Yes looking at the game now it does look a tad plastickey.. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't get it. But I am tempted to order it still...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes looking at the game now it does look a tad plastickey.. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't get it. But I am tempted to order it still...

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!! Don't say you weren't warned!!:D