Sky Go unsupported device

WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any one know how long it takes for new devices to become supported. I have a Samsung S5 and cannot use the App.

Comments

• johnmdcjohnmdc Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I have just got a S5 it wouldn't work on mine at first, so I uninstalled it then re-installed. It worked fine then.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the following:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Device-compatibility/ta-p/690532

Samsung Galaxy S5 is supported.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Any one know how long it takes for new devices to become supported. I have a Samsung S5 and cannot use the App.

What operating system are you running?

Sky Go does not work with Lollipop as of yet, if you have that on it, but if you have Kit Kat, then it works fine, i know, as i am using it right now.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Go does not work with Lollipop as of yet, if you have that on it, but if you have Kit Kat, then it works fine, i know, as i am using it right now.

yes it does.
    it work perfectly fine... i've been using it on lollipop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    yes it does.
    it work perfectly fine... i've been using it on lollipop

They must have got it working then, I know a few weeks back someone posted that Sky had announced not to update to Lollipop, as it was not compatible, as I don't have Lollipop, that was the last I heard, as no one has posted an update to say that it was now working, until now, thank you.

EDIT:

Was actually more than a few weeks, just over a month ago - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2021603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must have got it working then, I know a few weeks back someone posted that Sky had announced not to update to Lollipop, as it was not compatible, as I don't have Lollipop, that was the last I heard, as no one has posted an update to say that it was now working, until now, thank you.

EDIT:

Was actually more than a few weeks, just over a month ago - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2021603

yeah i saw that too, but when i installed lollipop the sky go app worked straight away with no apparent issues.
    there have been no app updates for sky go though.

the sky+ however has some issues but an update fixed them.
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Doesn't work on Galaxy Camera
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    yeah i saw that too, but when i installed lollipop the sky go app worked straight away with no apparent issues.
    there have been no app updates for sky go though.

the sky+ however has some issues but an update fixed them.

In fact, re-reading it, it doesn't say it won't work, just it might crash or be rubbish, and that it won't install on the new Nexus with Lollipop as standard.

They have updated the page on the 28th November (although no news the next week as promised) - http://help.sky.com/articles/using-sky-go-on-an-android-device:

Latest update: over the past week we've applied a fix and this is currently being tested by our staff before we make it available to those of you who signed up to our beta trail. We're hopeful this test will prove successful and we'll provide a further update next week with the latest news on our progress.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

Last updated 28 November 2014, 15:00
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fact, re-reading it, it doesn't say it won't work, just it might crash or be rubbish, and that it won't install on the new Nexus with Lollipop as standard.

so all that means is that the Nexus 6 is not currently supported.
    i did a factory wipe and restore of Lollipop on my Nexus 5 and the Sky Go app installed fine from the play store.

of course, the app has always had the problem of maybe crashing and being rubbish, so lollipop is not a factor in that :D
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried again and still unsupported! Deleted app and reinstalled, but same error. Looked on device says I have Android 444?! Phone new from EE just a month old!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tried again and still unsupported! Deleted app and reinstalled, but same error. Looked on device says I have Android 444?! Phone new from EE just a month old!

4.4.4 is the correct current android version for an S5.
  • rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Latest software for a S5 I believe. Lollipop arrives in the new year on Samsung kit, or may be spring, but when EE release it who knows