Options

EE will Emma die tonight?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
Forum Member
I am sorry if I am repeating another thread but I can't find one on this. If Emma has really solved the case and faced Lucy's killer yesterday then how will this be kept from the viewer until 19th Feb unless she dies tonight with the serious injuries she sustained last night. It was surprising that she was not taken to hospital to have herself checked out as it was obvious she could have internal bleeding or damage that would surface shortly after. It felt like we were focusing on Ronnie and her baby while really the one who might die is Emma? Then again was it even confirmed that there would be a death?

Comments

• Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically, Ronnie did "die" last night. They stopped trying to revive her before she came back, so perhaps that was the "death" they were talking about.

It does look like a strong possibility that Emma will die tonight, or lapse into a coma.

It's great not knowing what is going to happen. I can't remember the last time I was so gripped by an episode of Enders like I was last night.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fool will prolly get amnesia! :confused:

She seriously got on my nerves last night! Staggering around the square like an idiot! By not going to the police herself the minute she found out or felt she had cracked the case, makes her complicit in the murder of Lucy Beale! >:(
  • Options
    RoobsRoobs Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Anna Acton is credited for quite a few more episodes yet, so I doubt it. None of the pictures for upcoming episodes suggests she dies (the Brannings look stressed but not too upset).

From a narrative point of view, I'm not sure what purpose her death would serve when a coma storyline would maken much more sense without wasting the character.
    Noush wrote: »
    She seriously got on my nerves last night! Staggering around the square like an idiot! By not going to the police herself the minute she found out or felt she had cracked the case, makes her complicit in the murder of Lucy Beale! >:(
    To be fair, most of her evidence is locked up under the Branning's kitchen sink :p She was probably waiting for an opportunity to sneak back in and grab it before going to the police
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Keibro wrote: »
    Technically, Ronnie did "die" last night. They stopped trying to revive her before she came back, so perhaps that was the "death" they were talking about.

It does look like a strong possibility that Emma will die tonight, or lapse into a coma.

It's great not knowing what is going to happen. I can't remember the last time I was so gripped by an episode of Enders like I was last night.

This is true, technically someone did die. On reflection I think going into a coma is where the storyline will go. I now also recall someone saying she is staying at least until the reveal?
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she slips into a coma tonight and then recovers for the 30th anniversary shows, I really wonder what her future will be after that. Continue as a regular with new stories unrelated to her work (after the mayhem of her own investigation, she needs to find a new, safer career!!) or be written out as the case is concluded. The latter could keep the door open for a return if they want to explore a relationship with Max (if he isn't Lucy's killer). Having her as a recurring officer like Marsden or Keeble takes away from the fact that she was an integral part of this plot and was one of the main characters on NYD. She said in an interview with DS in the summer that she'll be here until the killer gets unmasked.

Otherwise it's back to being Topsy and Tim's mum:D
  • Options
    Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she slips into a coma tonight and then recovers for the 30th anniversary shows, I really wonder what her future will be after that. Continue as a regular with new stories unrelated to her work (after the mayhem of her own investigation, she needs to find a new, safer career!!) or be written out as the case is concluded. The latter could keep the door open for a return if they want to explore a relationship with Max (if he isn't Lucy's killer). Having her as a recurring officer like Marsden or Keeble takes away from the fact that she was an integral part of this plot and was one of the main characters on NYD. She said in an interview with DS in the summer that she'll be here until the killer gets unmasked.

Otherwise it's back to being Topsy and Tim's mum:D

I think that
    Max is complicit in so far that he helped Abbie - the unintentional killer - move the body off the square. Would explain Emma's comment to Max in the car last night. And Emma's lightbulb moment in the pub.

This is why I think she will die - if not tonight she will eventually. If I'm right, I can't see Max going down for this and he will unless Emma takes the killer's identity to the grave with her.

On the reveal itself, I rather suspect that its going to be a reveal to the viewers rather than everybody in the square - with just a few characters knowing the identity of the killer and not shopping them to the police because they are "family" or something. It would avoid the killer being written out. Unless of course the killer is one of the ones due to go in the next few months anyway.