Amazon Pilot Bosch

2»

Comments

• GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    I really love this show. I've never been a Titus Welliver fan, but he is brilliant playing Bosch.

Jason Gedrick is also great. He's been given the acting part of his life in this as far as I'm concerned.

I really hope that the series will be renewed for more seasons, I think it's got legs, certainly has for me anyway!
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Finished this last night, really enjoyed it, Titus not quite what I thought of as Bosch, but very good all the same.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very workmanlike but a bit dull. I can't help feeling that it would have been better as a movie.
    Titus Welliver is always watchable but his previous cop shows (High Incident, Brooklyn South) have tanked.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this. The two stories worked well alongside each other and I felt both had satisfactory resolutions. Titus Welliver is brilliant; you can clearly see the torment and anguish behind his eyes. Jamie Hector and Lance Reddick are great too - I loved them in The Wire. Some of the shots of L.A. are just gorgeous.

I hope to see it renewed
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    It's all very workmanlike but a bit dull. I can't help feeling that it would have been better as a movie.
    Very possibly. This killed time amiably enough but was never anything remarkable or exciting.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this. The two stories worked well alongside each other and I felt both had satisfactory resolutions. Titus Welliver is brilliant; you can clearly see the torment and anguish behind his eyes. Jamie Hector and Lance Reddick are great too - I loved them in The Wire. Some of the shots of L.A. are just gorgeous.

I hope to see it renewed

I agree. I've just finished watching the first series and long for more.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed episode 4 was co-written by Michael Connelly and George Pelecanos (of The Wire and a superb crime writer in his own right). Wonder why they collaborated on that episode in particular?
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I've still to sit and watch the pilot for this. I will tonight.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Started watching this series. This is a superior cop show. Better than True Detective in many ways. You'd have thought that the US networks would be after cop shows of this quality.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been renewed for season 2 which is fantastic news.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

I'm very pleased about this.

A well deserved renewal.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent.

This show for me was a great find. Only watched it because I was bored one night and so glad I did.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonderful news! Can't wait.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

Smart decision from Amazon. They'll need this and more shows of its quality to compete with Netflix in the coming years.