Options

Game have shipped my PS4! Will it arrive early?

lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
Forum Member
✭✭
Having checked on my Game online account on a regular basis for a few weeks I've got used to seeing it show up as being on pre-order. I was asked to pay for it in full a few weeks back, having pre-ordered way back in the year.

Today I logged on to my account and saw a change, the PS4 is now showing as 'shipped'. Checking the postage it says everything over £100 gets sent on a next working day delivery service.

I don't think this will turn up on Monday, but has anyone had a launch day console from Game before? Is this likely to turn up before launch day?

Comments

• Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's been delivered by Yodel it may not turn up at all or you may find it thrown over a wall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess there is the potential, but I'd side with them going through the normal ordering system and will be marked as shipped once it is packaged up and scanned to go through to the 'to ship' pile, only it won't go in the 'to ship' pile, it'll go into the 'PS4 pile' and sit there until the 28th.

Additionally I think some couriers will let senders send ahead of time and request delivery on a certain date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspected that may be the case, but here's hoping :D
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Have you got a tracking number?
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Xbox was shipped by Yodel on Monday but sat in a depot till Thursday evening before being moved to my local one for delivery on Friday.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    My Xbox was shipped by Yodel on Monday but sat in a depot till Thursday evening before being moved to my local one for delivery on Friday.

I didn't know Mars had a Yodel depot :eek:
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    If it's been delivered by Yodel it may not turn up at all or you may find it thrown over a wall.

hopefully Amazon wont be using them
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopefully Amazon wont be using them

I think Amazon mainly use dpd and CityLink over Yodel these days. Unfortunately, CityLink make Yodel look good...
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon are mainly DPD where i work.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    GAME use DPD.

Still haven't been charged for my PS4 :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word, no
    Sorry but Game always mark their stuff early but DPD wont deliver until the Friday I am afraid.

What games are you guys ordering with your PS4? so far only games I am getting on release is Killzone and battlefield.

When compared to what I got with my Xbone it looks a bit weak.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    In a word, no
    Sorry but Game always mark their stuff early but DPD wont deliver until the Friday I am afraid.

What games are you guys ordering with your PS4? so far only games I am getting on release is Killzone and battlefield.

Id say exclusive wise, both are weak.

Forza is...........Well Forza

the previous 2 Dead Risings sucked, and Ryse doesn't look all that interesting.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    It will be held at the depot until release day.
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    It will be held at the depot until release day.

Yes, I got a message on Friday from Zavvi where I pre ordered saying that the delivery status may well show as shipped well in advance of the actual release but the console would be held until the actual release date. :(

Still TBH I'm just happy I actually got one for release date as I ordered quite late (mid Sept).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Id say exclusive wise, both are weak.

Forza is...........Well Forza

the previous 2 Dead Risings sucked, and Ryse doesn't look all that interesting.

Gotta say dead rising is amazing, well worth the purchase.
    Forza feels a little anemic, bit like gt:prologue on the ps3!

Ryse is essentially Helen flannigan, looks amazing and satisfy you but in the end it's vacant, self obsessed and very annoyingly dull!

Got high hopes for kill zone but can't see anything else that's interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a word, no

Kill zone and BF , being honest with Mario and Zelda on the way, they both look a bit gash

Looking forward to going next gen though
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ryse is essentially Helen flannigan, looks amazing and satisfy you but in the end it's vacant, self obsessed and very annoyingly dull!

Best. Videogame analogy. EVER.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    lalaland wrote: »
    Having checked on my Game online account on a regular basis for a few weeks I've got used to seeing it show up as being on pre-order. I was asked to pay for it in full a few weeks back, having pre-ordered way back in the year.

Today I logged on to my account and saw a change, the PS4 is now showing as 'shipped'. Checking the postage it says everything over £100 gets sent on a next working day delivery service.

I don't think this will turn up on Monday, but has anyone had a launch day console from Game before? Is this likely to turn up before launch day?

They always ship them early due to the huge logistics involved in getting all the consoles to the right place at the right time. So you will find that if it gets to your area early, it will be held there ready for on the day shipping. However they do make mistakes hehehe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think your getting on screen character mixed up with reality. :D

Poor gaming analogy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Have you got a tracking number?

No sadly not. And when I asked Game for one they just ignored me. Their online customer services aren't best sadly, they often ignore questions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word, no

Already got COD and Skylanders for the PS4 both sitting at home waiting for the console to arrive. Killzone is coming with the PS4 itself and I've got a plus account, so I'll see if there's anything to download there too.
    The Xbox One doesn't look as interesting as the PS4 to me, but then I've always been a PS fan over Xbox for many reasons. I suspect both are good systems though, just not sure it's worth owning both?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess what i was packing up in work today ready for shipping :D , ps4s i'm blooming fed up of sight of them now lol , still buying one though early next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do you work?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Did anyone get a ps4 yet?