Options

Eccleston was better than Capaldi

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
Forum Member
I watched a bit of an Eccleston episode yesterday and have to say it was full of energy, fast paced and interesting, Christopher is interesting Rose Tyler was good, the effects were cool just so much better than series 8 and made on a much smaller budget, Eccleston has an intimacy and warmth that old peter Gand pa just does not have.

So, I blow a big rassberry today at Dr poo.:o

Comments

• Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the award for dopiest post of the day goes to...

You can blow as many 'rassberries' as you like at 'Dr poo' but what the hell is "old peter Gand pa"?
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Previously, you said this on the forum:

"And you call me a troll, if I slag something I slag the show, not the person. there is a big difference.:("

So why slag off Capaldi now? Oh right, actually you have slagged him off before and actually you do slag the person:

"Actually, I think Stephen Moffat has made a smallish blunder by casting an old crow as the Master it would have been far more menacing to have a babe who was stunningly beautiful and no wrinkles that did not look mad. Someone who is just prettier really perhaps a taller version of Clara with Blonde hair or something."

and then again you also said this:

"i WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP PICKING ON PETER HE'S GREAT."

and you also said:

"Believe they are killing off Dr Who, they already have mate when they hired the cracked actor ."

And ofcourse the classic:

"It Was Crap.

Peter Capaldi Is Crap.

He Gas Zero Charisma .

He Is Not Pretty At All.

The Show Is Dumb And Stupid Now."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Previously, you said this on the forum:

"And you call me a troll, if I slag something I slag the show, not the person. there is a big difference.:("

So why slag off Capaldi now? Oh right, actually you have slagged him off before and actually you do slag the person:

"Actually, I think Stephen Moffat has made a smallish blunder by casting an old crow as the Master it would have been far more menacing to have a babe who was stunningly beautiful and no wrinkles that did not look mad. Someone who is just prettier really perhaps a taller version of Clara with Blonde hair or something."

and then again you also said this:

"i WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP PICKING ON PETER HE'S GREAT."

and you also said:

"Believe they are killing off Dr Who, they already have mate when they hired the cracked actor ."

And ofcourse the classic:

"It Was Crap.

Peter Capaldi Is Crap.

He Gas Zero Charisma .

He Is Not Pretty At All.

The Show Is Dumb And Stupid Now."
    Yeah, so ?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    'Rassberry'

Oh, how I laughed!
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this thread will be closed and the user account deactivated as he is clearly a WUM.
  • Options
    Crocodile TearsCrocodile Tears Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Oh, Moderatoooors... Clean up on aisle 2 please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    I assume this thread will be closed and the user account deactivated as he is clearly a WUM.

Yeah, so I love Dr Who right but only when its good and actually I am a Software engineer and I suppose a bit of a WUM (Do you use a cockney accent when you say vat ) but more of a womb like in the :

'Womb of the Cybermen'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Actually I prefer Chris's doctor to Peter.He was alien enough for me,mostly bemused by humans but happy in their company and not acting as if he had never ever seen them before.However Peter is very good and I'm sure I'll get used to him.:)
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, so ?

yes exactly
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see how this is a troll thread, I like Capaldi and Eccleston the most and I think the point is that Capaldis Doctor has just suffered from bad writing so far not bad characterisation. I think Claras time has come to leave, taking MrDullandI'mtakingoverthewholedamnshow with her
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Eccleston , still gutted he wasn't in the anniversary episode.

I think Capaldi's acting is great and his take on the Doctor especially after how its been played by the last two Doctors ..what is letting the show down is the writing...Russell knew when to go, Moffat should have bowed out with the anniversary. Even with Sherlock each series deteriorates on the writing side. Danny Pink I've not warmed to or cared for, and Clara's time is over. Imagine Catherine Tate with Capaldi...that would be a great dynamic to see.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the kids were back at school?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Eccleston was, by far, my least favourite Doctor. I'm so glad he left at the end of series 1. He always seemed uncomfortable in the role and I often felt embarrassed on his behalf.
  • Options
    mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eccleston was, by far, my least favourite Doctor. I'm so glad he left at the end of series 1. He always seemed uncomfortable in the role and I often felt embarrassed on his behalf.

I loved Eccleston's doctor, until Capaldi came along, he was my favourite 'New Who' Doctor.

However I do see what you mean. He's a fantastic actor and excelled in the serious moments, but He did at times seem rather uncomfortable in the more light-hearted scenes.

And what's clear is that, while he was very proud of his role and is pleased to have played a part in Doctor Who's return, Eccleston was never a Doctor Who fan and doesn't have the same love and joy in the role that say David Tennant or Peter Capaldi have.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with that Eccleston was better probably because the overall series was better, I like Capaldi as well but what an earth is up with the Dr Poo and raspberries.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Click the 'alert' button on the top post in this thread. The OP has admitted to being a troll and is apparently proud of it.
    Trolls are not welcome.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Eccleston , still gutted he wasn't in the anniversary episode.

I think Capaldi's acting is great and his take on the Doctor especially after how its been played by the last two Doctors ..what is letting the show down is the writing...Russell knew when to go, Moffat should have bowed out with the anniversary. Even with Sherlock each series deteriorates on the writing side. Danny Pink I've not warmed to or cared for, and Clara's time is over. Imagine Catherine Tate with Capaldi...that would be a great dynamic to see.

All of this.

Eccleston's series as a whole had more bite and was more tightly plotted.

Capaldi's has been all over the place imo.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will no-one tell me what a "rassberry" is?
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »

It's a typo. For grassberry. I checked the Urban Dictionary and I believe the originating poster was attempting to imply that a male footballer is gay.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher's portrayal of the Doctor was brilliant, as was the way RTD wrote for him. Anyone would be hard put to 'beat' that but I don't think anyone has tried. Everyone has their own take on the character.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eccelston was the best, Capaldi is okay far better than the Cbeebies effort that was Smith.

See it doesn't take much to upset Who fans (fan which is short for fanatic) though.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »

And what about "old peter Gand pa"?
    Quite impressive really, a whole new hitherto unknown language! :D
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Yeah, so I love Dr Who right but only when its good and actually I am a Software engineer and I suppose a bit of a WUM (Do you use a cockney accent when you say vat ) but more of a womb like in the :

'Womb of the Cybermen'

Good God, I wouldn't want to have to do business with your company if they hire people with your spelling and grammar skills.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eccleston was better than almost all the other Doctors, he's easily in my top 3!
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My personal order of preference for the modern Doctors is 11, 9, 10, 12. I really wish we could have seen more of Chris and it was a massive pity we only got one series out him. He managed to be serious and daft but very engaging. The biggest disappointment of the 50th was they couldn't persuade him back even for those short regen scenes.