Options

Is Stalker Any Good?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
It has the fabulous Dylan McDermott in it.

Just wondered if it's worth a look?

Comments

• Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    It has the fabulous Dylan McDermott in it.

Just wondered if it's worth a look?

It's being cancelled by the U.S. network so not much point in getting in to it. I think he is a great actor.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

The only worse show this season is probably "State of Affairs", although at times "Scorpion" comes close.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it but they have aired 17. Episodes, left it on a massive cliff hanger that the entire series had been building to, and have now pulled it from the schedule.

So rather annoyed to have wasted 17. Hours of my life watching it.

Until they show the remaining episodes. Don't bother.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,186
    Forum Member
    It's being cancelled by the U.S. network so not much point in getting in to it. I think he is a great actor.

Is it definitely being cancelled? I know most rumours suggest it will be, but not seen 100% confirmation from CBS.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but they have aired 17. Episodes, left it on a massive cliff hanger that the entire series had been building to, and have now pulled it from the schedule.

That's why i don't watch shows until a renewal, otherwise I am wasting my time for it to all end on a cliffhanger.

It hasn't offcially cancelled but it's without a doubt going to be
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    That's why i don't watch shows until a renewal, otherwise I am wasting my time for it to all end on a cliffhanger.

Nothing would be watched/made - I watch new shows, if I like, I keep watching, even if it only last one season.

As for Stalker, I like...sad it might be cancelled.:(
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it, but that's not saying much as I'm also a big fan of Elisabeth Rohm who stars in it, and I'm pretty sure no-one else likes her, so what do I know? LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure I heard that Mira Sorvino was joining the cast. Seems strange that she'd agree to join a show that is getting cancelled.

Found it - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a626875/mira-sorvino-joins-cbs-drama-stalker-as-fbi-agent.html#~p5upKdbifeJy3P
  • Options
    Forum Member

I tend to do the same but I gave Stalker the benefit of the doubt. Never again.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I liked it, but that's not saying much as I'm also a big fan of Elisabeth Rohm who stars in it, and I'm pretty sure no-one else likes her, so what do I know? LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure I heard that Mira Sorvino was joining the cast. Seems strange that she'd agree to join a show that is getting cancelled.

Found it - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a626875/mira-sorvino-joins-cbs-drama-stalker-as-fbi-agent.html#~p5upKdbifeJy3P

Only in a recurring role, not as a series regular.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. The stories were better at the beginning though
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,777
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Hello! Now you know someone else ;)
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! Now you know someone else ;)

Ha Ha. :D
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    It had great potential and the critics I think early on tipped to fly and last as a success so Im disapointed its been axed.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »

The only worse show this season is probably "State of Affairs", although at times "Scorpion" comes close.

I'll agree with State of Affairs being terrible but there is something likeable about Scorpion. It is total nonsense but it's bread dead entertainment. I just treat it as a modern version of the A Team with geniuses.

Stalker started off OK and it has good cast (even though the lovely Tara Summers was woefully underused) but I got bored of it mid-season and fell behind US Pace. Once I heard it had been cancelled I couldn't be bothered to watch it again.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I'll agree with State of Affairs being terrible but there is something likeable about Scorpion. It is total nonsense but it's bread dead entertainment. I just treat it as a modern version of the A Team with geniuses.

Stalker started off OK and it has good cast (even though the lovely Tara Summers was woefully underused) but I got bored of it mid-season and fell behind US Pace. Once I heard it had been cancelled I couldn't be bothered to watch it again.

Bib: Cool phrase:). Don't know its precise meaning.

Another cool phrase I came across an Oscars review this week was the verb "to humblebrag" - i.e. when a celebrity receiving an award or praise and says in their acceptance speech, "I'm so humbled and privileged and honoured by this award. It's truly amazing... blah, blah, blah"

ETA: The way State of Affairs ended its premier season you would be hard-pressed to think they wanted a second one.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Bib: Cool phrase:). Don't know its precise meaning.

Damn autocorrect. I meant "brain dead". :blush:
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn autocorrect. I meant "brain dead". :blush:

Haha!:D That's a shame. Still a cool phrase in need of a meaning:). I guess that's a 'no-no' on Scorpion for me, then!:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It had great potential and the critics I think early on tipped to fly and last as a success so Im disapointed its been axed.

It hasn't been axed yet, there's still hope. Not much though,.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »

How have you wasted 17 hours of your life if you enjoyed it?
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be really peed off if they cancel it, I thought it was really good.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,777
    Forum Member
    It got better as it went along. Or maybe I just got used to it :)
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    How have you wasted 17 hours of your life if you enjoyed it?

Because my enjoyment has now been made mute by the fact there was a massive cliff hanger that may never get a conclusion. It's frustrating and makes me feel 'what was the point'. Stories have a beginning, a middle and an end. I enjoyed watching the episodes but don't enjoy not knowing the outcome of what was basically the series arc.

When the end is removed the over all enjoyment is lessened.

For me anyway.
  • Options
    stripey_socksstripey_socks Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    i watched a few episodes and just couldnt get into it. There were too many holes/clichesa and non explanations in plot that ruined it. 2
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

The last episode that aired though was one of the worst I've ever seen of any show, anywhere. I mean it was an episode literally filled with wall to wall stupidity. It removed any lingering good will I had left for the show.