Options

Who's got the best Song this week?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Taking into consideration (no my names not simon)

1. how suited it is 2 their voice
2. how adaptable it is 2 get the 'originality' stamp of approval
3. how voter friendly it is

For me id love to say its Alex but i don't think she's been given the best song ( i love 'without you' just she is kinda playin a dangerous game when it comes to bein original)

so IMO im suprised 2 say i think Ruth has been given the best song choice, she will be able 2 belt it out at the climax, which is very much her style and altho it is a popular MC song its not been overdone like some of the others

Oh yeah and lil Diana 'from Blackburn' was Lucky 2 get David Cook's intepretation of 'Always be my Baby' guess thats one of the many perks of bein the shows out and out favourite hey :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    Diana but as she's not singing i'm not so sure, i dont know Daniels or Ruths im going for jls to be honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_raven wrote: »
    Diana but as she's not singing i'm not so sure, i dont know Daniels or Ruths im going for jls to be honest

Yeah i think it is clever of Daniel 2 do a less well known song as most people wont have any comparison and will kinda see it has his song, and yeah i would love 2 see jls sing their song accapella, huge risk if they pull it off they could challenge Diana, i mean they've proved they can do it, so why not take that risk?
  • Options
    Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    Eoghan as he's the only one who's got the song I picked for him, with Anytime You Need A Friend :D

I hope their performance won't, but JLS's song choice disappoints me as I was hoping for Touch My Body :)

Don't really know Ruth's. Daniel's isn't amazing but at least it's not one of the 3 most obvious songs he could have got. Rachel having AAO is better than Daniel having it but it's still a shame as I'm haunted by it being Brooksteined lol :)

Laura could easilly have handled a bigger, more exciting Mariah song, Diana's song would've suited her but although I love Cookie it's lazy of XF using his arrangements week in week out, and odd as Cheryl hated Austin doing Billie Jean.

Alexandra's choice irritates me the most. She'll do it well but is it illegal to go a series without "Without You" being used? It certainly seems that way, and it doesn't tend to bode well for those who sing it :)

So yeah definitely Eoghan - it's not a perfect fit but it was never going to be. Why all the ballads?
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    On the other hand Laura has a dreadfully sentimnental song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faria262 wrote: »
    Eoghan as he's the only one who's got the song I picked for him, with Anytime You Need A Friend :D

I hope their performance won't, but JLS's song choice disappoints me as I was hoping for Touch My Body :)

Don't really know Ruth's. Daniel's isn't amazing but at least it's not one of the 3 most obvious songs he could have got. Rachel having AAO is better than Daniel having it but it's still a shame as I'm haunted by it being Brooksteined lol :)

Laura could easilly have handled a bigger, more exciting Mariah song, Diana's song would've suited her but although I love Cookie it's lazy of XF using his arrangements week in week out, and odd as Cheryl hated Austin doing Billie Jean.

Alexandra's choice irritates me the most. She'll do it well but is it illegal to go a series without "Without You" being used? It certainly seems that way, and it doesn't tend to bode well for those who sing it :)

So yeah definitely Eoghan - it's not a perfect fit but it was never going to be. Why all the ballads?

I agree with the Alex and the with out you comments however i think Leona would beg 2 differ lol, i guess she has been the only exceptional 2 the rule up until now, i think everyone else has had trouble with it due to the fact the song is massive aka beverley last year her voice was good but not big enough, especially her range 4 this song, i think Alex's is big enough to pull it off, so i guess we'll have 2 see ;)
  • Options
    Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    Leona was always going to survive a Mariah song choice, and she chose the song herself but there does always tend to be an exception to the rule. Without You was never seen as her standout performance anyway, although I would say it was one of her better ones.

Cassie from Series 1, Carly from AI ahd Tara from I'd Do Anything all performed it, and weren't eliminated that night but didn't go on to win. Michelle McManus won singing it near the final, in the days before X Factor existed :)

Lucy who won the Veleb XF also won having performed it, as did Kelly Clarkson on AI. It's obviously not a curse for everyone but it will become more so each time it's used, especially now it's been used by Leona

I agree that it's unlikely Alex's time is up yet, but it's a shame she hasn't been given a more inventive song choice, especially considering some of the other songs she's been given. There's no denying her talent but I worry that these lazy song choices get in the way of her showing star quality :)

xxxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    In terms of all the points you noted- diana.

She does every week!
  • Options
    marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not necessarily who has the best song, but who has the best arrangement

When they had a Mariah week on American Idol, I preferred the boys to the girls, as they mostly had original arrangements and the girls mostly just tried to be Mariah.

So (if she sings!) I expect Diana will be "original" with the arrangement they used for David Cook on A.I.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I was really hoping for JLS to sing Touch My Body:cry::o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Taking into consideration (no my names not simon)

1. how suited it is 2 their voice
    2. how adaptable it is 2 get the 'originality' stamp of approval
    3. how voter friendly it is

For me id love to say its Alex but i don't think she's been given the best song ( i love 'without you' just she is kinda playin a dangerous game when it comes to bein original)

so IMO im suprised 2 say i think Ruth has been given the best song choice, she will be able 2 belt it out at the climax, which is very much her style and altho it is a popular MC song its not been overdone like some of the others

Oh yeah and lil Diana 'from Blackburn' was Lucky 2 get David Cook's intepretation of 'Always be my Baby' guess thats one of the many perks of bein the shows out and out favourite hey :rolleyes:

Look your at it again with that Diana sarcasm lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane87 wrote: »
    Look your at it again with that Diana sarcasm lol.

Who me sarcastic? NEVER!!!!!!! :p cant help it i was mearly statin that she is little and happens 2 be frm Blackburn, couldn't you tell :p:D:D:D
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I like her BUT if they call diana orginal for doing david cooks interpretation i think i will scream!! COPYING SOMEONE ELSE IS NOT F'IN ORIGINAL!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    I like her BUT if they call diana orginal for doing david cooks interpretation i think i will scream!! COPYING SOMEONE ELSE IS NOT F'IN ORIGINAL!!!

OMG would you climb back out of my mind already :p lol well austins was 'original' and he did the xact same thing so i guess they will, im sure Louis will slip in a sliy dig on our behlaf dont you worry, OMG im on Louis's Side, does anyone have a gun? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Who me sarcastic? NEVER!!!!!!! :p cant help it i was mearly statin that she is little and happens 2 be frm Blackburn, couldn't you tell :p:D:D:D

Sorry its just me being ignorant again! Lol. I'm afraid to say I'm not even watching it tonight and I'm going into town so keep Alex in for me. And don't forget to vote for little Diana, she is from Blackburn ya know ;)