Omg who remembers Lutricia McNeal??

tellmealltellmeall Posts: 1,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was uploading all of my now thats what i call music cd albums onto my computer and i totally forgot about her...

I remember like loads of the girls in my year at school singing Stranded and she had like a few massive hits like aint that just the way, stranded and someone loves you honey, cant remember the others...

does anyone else remember her? what happened to her?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Loved Lutricia McNeal. Her harmonies were to die for. I only remember about 2 songs though. I am going to hunt her down
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Ain't That just The Way' is a brilliant song imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Just found this. Apparently she only releases stuff in Europe and she posed for the German Playboy mag...

Lutricia stated in an interview, that her new album will be released in August, 2008, and will be called Great Memories. Confirmed tracks of the album are Best Of Times, Hold That Moment, It's Not Easy and Same Same Same. Same Same Same will be her new single, which will be released in Europe.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tellmeall wrote: »
    I was uploading all of my now thats what i call music cd albums onto my computer and i totally forgot about her...

I remember like loads of the girls in my year at school singing Stranded and she had like a few massive hits like aint that just the way, stranded and someone loves you honey, cant remember the others...

Probable because there weren't any others:p

Good voice though and 'Ain't That Just The Way' was a cracking pop song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tellmeall wrote: »

does anyone else remember her? what happened to her?

Totally agree - she was amazing! "Stranded" is up there as one of my favourite "mid-tempo" songs from the 90's. She was in a similar league musically to Des'ree who also quite like :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lutricica McNeal was the bomb!!!

I could never understand why she was not mega famous, she was brillina,t and her hits, although there were only a few were fantastic.

Loved her big hits Aint that Just the Way, Stranded and Someone Loves You Honey.

Think there was another one called Greatest Love or something like that, plus didn't she do a cover at one point of When A Child Is Born?
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah she was pretty good, think her image let her down a little in the looks-obsessed UK - maybe why she releases in Europe only now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her very well.

I think she only made a few hits- the 3 previously mentioned on this thread.

I liked her hits, she was a good singer too.
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 Lutricia McNeal Ain't That Just The Way Nov 1997
    3 Lutricia McNeal Stranded May 1998
    9 Lutricia McNeal Someone Loves You Honey Sep 1998
    17 Lutricia McNeal The Greatest Love You'll Never Know Dec 1998

think last one may have had when a child is born too
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hardly liked any of her stuff but Stranded was awesome. Music back in the late 1990's was great ....

From Polyhex:-

29/11/1997 Lutricia McNeal Ain't That Just The Way 6 {6}-9-14-14-17-13-18-24-22-25-22-24-24-33-34-44-54-67->18

23/05/1998 Lutricia McNeal Stranded 3 5-{3}-8-7-13-16-19-28-30-40-48-62->12

26/09/1998 Lutricia McNeal Someone Loves You Honey 9 {9}-16-22-30-38-42-62->7

19/12/1998 Lutricia McNeal The Greatest Love You'll Never Know 17 {17}-28-37-41-53-75->6
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been binging on her songs the last few days. Her album was actually really strong.
    I always loved Crossroads;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0T6JMAEh3s
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Ain't That just The Way' is a brilliant song imo.

Oh! That's now coming back to me: Ain't that just the way how life goes down down down or something like that. :confused:

*goes to find it on YT*
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProgRocker wrote: »
    Oh! That's now coming back to me: Ain't that just the way how life goes down down down or something like that. :confused:

*goes to find it on YT*

I don't think you're really a prog rocker :D
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    I don't think you're really a prog rocker :D

What can I say - I have a varied taste in music. :D:)