Membranous Nephropathy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
Forum Member
Does anyone have this or heard of anyone who has this?

Comments

• sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's to do with the kidneys and taking the piss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Taking the piss eh? What you on about?

I have this condition and just wondered if anyone else on here wants to discuss it with me!
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Taking the piss eh? What you on about?

I have this condition and just wondered if anyone else on here wants to discuss it with me!

I'm sure "taking the piss" was just a well-intentioned pun. I laughed.

At least by saying you have the condition and want to discuss it you won't have a misery guts on here telling you to go to a doctor. :)
    Forum Member
    I get bloods and urine checks every 3 months....really scared about dialysis though or transplant :S
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Glomeruli are the filtering units of the kidney. There are about 1 million of them in each kidney. in membranous nephropathy the filtering layer becomes thickened and there is a protein leak into the urine. Other things can cause this too, so the diagnosis of membranous nephropathy can be only be made by a kidney biopsy. It is sometimes called membranous nephritis or membranous glomerulonephritis.

I was born with glomerulonephritis, which was treated with tablets until about 7 years ago, then i went onto CAPD dialysis, for 3 years and had a transplant now for 4 years everything going ok. Do you know what your creatine and urea levels are, please pm me if you prefer.
    Forum Member
    Yep i've had a kidney biopsy and then was diagnosed with this condition. How old are you? It only came to light after my pregnancy ended at 26 weeks and my son being born weighing 2lb 3lb :( They thought i had pre-eclampsia at 15 weeks......

Have you got High blood pressure too? I've been on meds for it for 3 and a bit years now...they had to control it whilst i was pregnant.

My creatinine is about 150-160 the last time i went and that was 3 months ago...due for a check up next week...